Any unlimited 4g data packages for pre-paid SIMs?

simon43

My plan A might have to go out of the window!

Just found out my condo probably won't have WiFi

In which case I would look at Plan B.... a mobile data pack for 6months which is strong enough to tether my laptop to, to watch footy golf and dramas. And preferably including say 100 or 200 mins of calls (not essential)

Maybe some of those are mentioned above(nipping out now will tackle later)

I'm certain Tru told me earlier this year that tethering with them was out absolutely of the question!

Any recommendations glady received especially ones I can trial first. Cheers

Ps I assume thats people are doing these days, not bothering with WiFi contract and just having one mobile source especially as temporary (6 months)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31.03 baht for 1 Mbps over 48 hours *900*1752#
41.73 baht for 4 Mbps over 48 hours *900*1753#
52.43  baht for 6 Mbps over 48 hours *900*1754#

That will give you ample opportunity to stress test.

Sorry KneeDeep do you have codes handy for 7 days rather than 48hr? 1mb & 4 mb.
Gives me more time to settle in & test.

Assuming these are AIS so I'd need a basic PAYG sim

Also keen to know if I can tether those to my lappy? my condo may not have WiFi and thinking why bother with router and installation if you can just run off the moby? Not that I've ever truly tested that concept! Connected once to it, on a limited data sim and crikey it burned quick! Any downsides? Does it drain your mobile battery like Billy-O? Is service as reliable as wifi?

Thanks

8 hours ago, thecolonel said:

Sorry KneeDeep do you have codes handy for 7 days rather than 48hr? 1mb & 4 mb.
Gives me more time to settle in & test.

Assuming these are AIS so I'd need a basic PAYG sim

Also keen to know if I can tether those to my lappy? my condo may not have WiFi and thinking why bother with router and installation if you can just run off the moby? Not that I've ever truly tested that concept! Connected once to it, on a limited data sim and crikey it burned quick! Any downsides? Does it drain your mobile battery like Billy-O? Is service as reliable as wifi?

Thanks

The codes are Truemove H, since you told that you have a Truemove H SIM. If you prefer code for another network, let me know.

All SIM allow tethering regardless of network. Do not discuss anything with any salesperson as they will simply mislead you.

Take the advice from here, actual users. Don't try to confirm anything with them.

If you are travelling from the UK, perhaps invest in a 4G MiFi. I paid £20 for mine. They are around £35 in Thailand currently.

This one, for an instance; https://www.gumtree.com/p/modems-broadband-networking/unlocked-4g-mifi-perfect-working-order/1314516137

Of course, I don't know your location, so just an illustration.

Equivalent in Thailand, something like this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-4g-mobile-hotspot-e5573-unlocked-i113879436-s117713341.html

So if you are there for six months, invest in a MiFi. Don't know about signal strength at your place. Hopefully good.

You can either apply the package to the SIM and then slot it into the MiFi(it then creates a WiFi signal to which you can attach up to ten devices) or slot it the SIM with enough credit into the MiFi and click on an appropriate link.

Applying beforehand is usually the easiest for most.

If you are likely to download and stream films, I would think about a 10 Mbps package. But you'll need to check as to which network achieves 10 Mbps at your particular location, by testing with each network SIM if need be.

I'm not sure why you would need 1 Mbps if you intend to utilise for downloading and streaming.

Also, the fixation with call packages. Totally unnecessary in this day and age. Especially if the SIM is in a MiFi router, you won't be able to use it for calls anyway.

I would look at a minimum of 6 Mbps for home use. Though many here state that 4 Mbps is enough.

I have 10 Mbps, as I have to download large files and don't want to be waiting for hours...

So if you want 24 hr Truemove H codes...

*900*1799# 26.75 baht 1 Mbps There is 2 Mbps for the same price, but no long term pack. *900*8776#

*900*8910# 31.03 baht 4 Mbps

*900*1744# 36.38 baht 6 Mbps

*900*1796# 44.94 baht 10 Mbps

The codes are Truemove H, since you told that you have a Truemove H SIM. If you prefer code for another network, let me know.

All SIM allow tethering regardless of network. Do not discuss anything with any salesperson as they will simply mislead you.

Take the advice from here, actual users. Don't try to confirm anything with them.

If you are travelling from the UK, perhaps invest in a 4G MiFi. I paid £20 for mine. They are around £35 in Thailand currently.

This one, for an instance; https://www.gumtree.com/p/modems-broadband-networking/unlocked-4g-mifi-perfect-working-order/1314516137

Of course, I don't know your location, so just an illustration.

Equivalent in Thailand, something like this; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/huawei-4g-mobile-hotspot-e5573-unlocked-i113879436-s117713341.html

So if you are there for six months, invest in a MiFi. Don't know about signal strength at your place. Hopefully good.

You can either apply the package to the SIM and then slot it into the MiFi(it then creates a WiFi signal to which you can attach up to ten devices) or slot it the SIM with enough credit into the MiFi and click on an appropriate link.
Applying beforehand is usually the easiest for most.

If you are likely to download and stream films, I would think about a 10 Mbps package. But you'll need to check as to which network achieves 10 Mbps at your particular location, by testing with each network SIM if need be.

I'm not sure why you would need 1 Mbps if you intend to utilise for downloading and streaming.
Also, the fixation with call packages. Totally unnecessary in this day and age. Especially if the SIM is in a MiFi router, you won't be able to use it for calls anyway.

I would look at a minimum of 6 Mbps for home use. Though many here state that 4 Mbps is enough.
I have 10 Mbps, as I have to download large files and don't want to be waiting for hours...

So if you want 24 hr Truemove H codes...

*900*1799# 26.75 baht 1 Mbps There is 2 Mbps for the same price, but no long term pack. *900*8776#
*900*8910# 31.03 baht 4 Mbps
*900*1744# 36.38 baht 6 Mbps
*900*1796# 44.94 baht 10 Mbps

True codes are cool, yes I'm true(I misunderstood your prev message re AIS). I asked for 7 day but I'll assume they don't exist and I should just do dailies until im satisfied re speed(more flexibility that way)

Call packages--I've never done a costing on these and I assumed the right calls pack would be cheaper... are you suggesting these are a false economy? If so, then yeah I'll stick with PAYG. Don't make that many calls anyway so I'll bin that idea.

Tethering--wow! Lesson learnt( I suppose they might just say that as they can't be seen to 'supporting' it? As it might encourage people to just share?)

Streaming TV content and 1 mbps - see next point

WiFi - woke up to message this morning from Condo manager stating my room will have WiFi after all! Therefore I can go back to plan A and trial 1mbps for mobile data (mind you I don't know if this WiFi will be any good.. )

Mi-Fi - will look into anyway for future rooms

Thanks for everything, top detail!

On 10/19/2018 at 11:42 AM, thecolonel said:

True codes are cool, yes I'm true(I misunderstood your prev message re AIS). I asked for 7 day but I'll assume they don't exist and I should just do dailies until im satisfied re speed(more flexibility that way)

Call packages--I've never done a costing on these and I assumed the right calls pack would be cheaper... are you suggesting these are a false economy? If so, then yeah I'll stick with PAYG. Don't make that many calls anyway so I'll bin that idea.

Tethering--wow! Lesson learnt( I suppose they might just say that as they can't be seen to 'supporting' it? As it might encourage people to just share?)

Streaming TV content and 1 mbps - see next point

WiFi - woke up to message this morning from Condo manager stating my room will have WiFi after all! Therefore I can go back to plan A and trial 1mbps for mobile data (mind you I don't know if this WiFi will be any good.. )

Mi-Fi - will look into anyway for future rooms

Thanks for everything, top detail!

*900*1973# 1 Mbps over seven days. 107 baht.

*900*8777# 2 Mbps over seven days 107 baht

Think this includes free calls too? 169 baht plus 7% VAT.

Think you can use the code without the reseller code...*104*78*9# send, or check the mobile app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.co.crie.tron2.android&hl=en

For TrueMove H I just saw this SIM, may require a new number?

One year, 4 Mbps, 1,290 (not sure if that includes VAT?).

https://shopee.co.th/TRUE-ซิมเทพ-True-Unlimited-4G-ความเร็วสูงสุด-4-Mbps(ไม่จำกัด)-ใช้งาน-1ปี-i.87948031.1463772473

DkUtt1rVAAACXnc.jpg

*900*1973# 1 Mbps over seven days. 107 baht.
*900*8777# 2 Mbps over seven days 107 baht
Thanks KneeDeep for 7 day codes. My intention is to purchase a 7 day 1mbps pass on touchdown at Swampy and test it.

If 1mbps is OK, which I assume it will be(you use it for general use so it should be) then I'll buy the 6 month one.

So for 6 months at 1mbps.... have I got this right?

Truemove h directly... 640 baht(Is this one capped do you know?)

Truemove via Lazada 370 baht( but capped at 200gb, shouldnt be an issue)
And lazada one will have a seperate sim/number but if I'm using it for data only it shouldnt matter. Plus it will take a up the other sim slot in my device.

I've never used lazada so don't have an account with them. But I know someone who does so that might work

Thanks again

On 10/23/2018 at 5:27 AM, mtls2005 said:

Think this includes free calls too? 169 baht plus 7% VAT.

Think you can use the code without the reseller code...*104*78*9# send, or check the mobile app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.co.crie.tron2.android&hl=en

For TrueMove H I just saw this SIM, may require a new number?

One year, 4 Mbps, 1,290 (not sure if that includes VAT?).

https://shopee.co.th/TRUE-ซิมเทพ-True-Unlimited-4G-ความเร็วสูงสุด-4-Mbps(ไม่จำกัด)-ใช้งาน-1ปี-i.87948031.1463772473

DkUtt1rVAAACXnc.jpg

Those have DTAC to DTAC calls included.

1 minute ago, thecolonel said:

Thanks KneeDeep for 7 day codes. My intention is to purchase a 7 day 1mbps pass on touchdown at Swampy and test it.

If 1mbps is OK, which I assume it will be(you use it for general use so it should be) then I'll buy the 6 month one.

So for 6 months at 1mbps.... have I got this right?

Truemove h directly... 640 baht(Is this one capped do you know?)

Truemove via Lazada 370 baht( but capped at 200gb, shouldnt be an issue)
And lazada one will have a seperate sim/number but if I'm using it for data only it shouldnt matter. Plus it will take a up the other sim slot in my device.

I've never used lazada so don't have an account with them. But I know someone who does so that might work

Thanks again

642 baht. No cap.

Lazada is 315 baht; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/plus-6-200gb100gb-i232884842-s357028387.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Nope, I will be testing 1mbps for the longer term... just seemed odd is all thanks

Belated feedback on this...

About 6 weeks ago I got the 6 month 1mbps data card from tru and its going great! No speed issues for me at all. Think it has a limit of 300gb but I'm nowhere near that!

Comes in handy when I go to some bars restaurants where the WiFi just won't connect. And of course when in transit which is main reason for having. And when my condo wifi occasionally goes on blink

Plus it has bonus of calls to other tru users are free(up to 1 hour... Hang up call again etc)

Belated feedback on this...

About 6 weeks ago I got the 6 month 1mbps data card from tru and its going great! No speed issues for me at all. Think it has a limit of 300gb but I'm nowhere near that!

Comes in handy when I go to some bars restaurants where the WiFi just won't connect. And of course when in transit which is main reason for having. And when my condo wifi occasionally goes on blink

Plus it has bonus of calls to other tru users are free(up to 1 hour... Hang up call again etc)

Ps oops forgot to say price.... 300 baht plus 7%tax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all let me say thank you to all of you who’ve provided so much valuable information here on this thread.

Which brings me to my next point: why the heck do the carriers here make it so hard for consumers to peruse their various offerings? It’s a tangled maze, Lazada sim packages, short codes that just have to be passed around like tribal knowledge and none of this info available much less able to be easily purchased on each company’s app (for example I didn’t even know DTAC offered prepaid packages greater than 30 days because they don’t show it on their app). Sheesh!

So my telecom gurus, I need a little advice here as my needs differ slightly from those you’ve kindly helped elsewhere here:

I’m looking for the best data coverage and speed, and don’t mind paying more overall for it. I use A LOT of data, don’t like having to depend on WiFi to stay under cellular caps or to get faster speeds. I am also prepaid vs postpaid agnostic (don’t care either way).

Ideally I am looking for unlimited speed AND unlimited volume, however 30-40GB per month as a minimum would probably get me by.

I’ve done some unscientific coverage and speed testing on my own and what I’ve come up with is True is generally pretty fast in city centers, AIS has more coverage in rural areas, DTAC seems overall slower than the other two but has more coverage out in the islands.

Currently I’m looking at a couple postpaid options: either True 30GB/month unlimited speed for ~500thb per month, or AIS unlimited 4G/16GB 3G per month also not speed capped, for ~880thb per month.

The price difference isn’t meaningful to me. I don’t know if DTAC has something comparable but they seem quite a bit slower in places so I will probably keep a DTAC prepaid sim handy for those cases where I don’t have coverage with the primary and use it as backup.

Does either True or AIS have a material advantage in terms of overall real life achievable speeds you can get and/or better coverage while doing so? My friends are split on this, and so I’m asking you all since you guys seem to know this stuff forwards and backwards.

Thanks a ton for your advice.

First of all let me say thank you to all of you who’ve provided so much valuable information here on this thread.

Which brings me to my next point: why the heck do the carriers here make it so hard for consumers to peruse their various offerings? It’s a tangled maze, Lazada sim packages, short codes that just have to be passed around like tribal knowledge and none of this info available much less able to be easily purchased on each company’s app (for example I didn’t even know DTAC offered prepaid packages greater than 30 days because they don’t show it on their app). Sheesh!

So my telecom gurus, I need a little advice here as my needs differ slightly from those you’ve kindly helped elsewhere here:

I’m looking for the best data coverage and speed, and don’t mind paying more overall for it. I use A LOT of data, don’t like having to depend on WiFi to stay under cellular caps or to get faster speeds. I am also prepaid vs postpaid agnostic (don’t care either way).

Ideally I am looking for unlimited speed AND unlimited volume, however 30-40GB per month as a minimum would probably get me by.

I’ve done some unscientific coverage and speed testing on my own and what I’ve come up with is True is generally pretty fast in city centers, AIS has more coverage in rural areas, DTAC seems overall slower than the other two but has more coverage out in the islands.

Currently I’m looking at a couple postpaid options: either True 30GB/month unlimited speed for ~500thb per month, or AIS unlimited 4G/16GB 3G per month also not speed capped, for ~880thb per month.

The price difference isn’t meaningful to me. I don’t know if DTAC has something comparable but they seem quite a bit slower in places so I will probably keep a DTAC prepaid sim handy for those cases where I don’t have coverage with the primary and use it as backup.

Does either True or AIS have a material advantage in terms of overall real life achievable speeds you can get and/or better coverage while doing so? My friends are split on this, and so I’m asking you all since you guys seem to know this stuff forwards and backwards.

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, Dinobot said:

I think that they do it on purpose ? it's so complicated to find the best offers that people pay anything maybe ?

I am looking for unlimited 1 year data now and cannot even find all the offers ! 

I think that they do it on purpose ? it's so complicated to find the best offers that people pay anything maybe ?

I am looking for unlimited 1 year data now and cannot even find all the offers ! 

Yes AIS make it hard to find. I'm going to go with the 4mbps 12 months 2500 baht 20gb a month, and I'll use my wifi at home. I used 35gb last month

I'm sure the AIS 6 and 12 months unlimited data is gone , only the 10 mbps unlimited but only for 3 months .
I checked on my GF plan which I had bought a 1mbps unlimited data for 6 months in February and now the renewal only comes with 7.5G permonth and then throttles down .

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, gaviny said:

I'm sure the AIS 6 and 12 months unlimited data is gone , only the 10 mbps unlimited but only for 3 months .
I checked on my GF plan which I had bought a 1mbps unlimited data for 6 months in February and now the renewal only comes with 7.5G permonth and then throttles down .

Package still available, but max speed limited a 7.5gb on 1200 thb package and 20gb on 2500 thb package.

Then it will be slower.

4 hours ago, gaviny said:

1 Mbps unlimited data for 3/6/12 month still available for SIMs registered before the 1st of Feb. as I have posted on a current thread.

There was absolutely no need for myjawe to exhume this thread, by replying to a post from January the 29th.

Archived