Trump not the isolationist many feared - UK foreign minister Hunt

webfact

Trump not the isolationist many feared - UK foreign minister Hunt

2018-08-21T080101Z_1_LYNXNPEE7K0HH_RTROPTP_4_USA-BRITAIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Jeremy Hunt arrives at Blenheim Palace, where U.S. President Donald Trump and the First Lady Melania Trump are attending a dinner with Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May and business leaders, near Oxford, Britain, July 12, 2018. REUTERS/Hannah McKay/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has not been the isolationist that many feared he would be, Britain's Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said ahead of his first trip to the United States in the role.

Later on Tuesday Hunt will call on the European Union to follow the United States in extending sanctions on Russia in a speech in Washington, and he said that the United States remained Britain's closest ally.

"It's important... whatever the controversies around Donald Trump, to recognise that actually he has not been the isolationist president that many feared he would," Hunt told BBC radio, in an interview recorded before his departure to Washington.

(Reporting by Alistair Smout; editing by William James)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-21

1 hour ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump has not been the isolationist that many feared he would be, Britain's Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said ahead of his first trip to the United States in the role.

Hunt was further quoted to say, "He believes in laundering foreign money, just like me."

5 hours ago, webfact said:

It's important... whatever the controversies around Donald Trump, to recognise that actually he has not been the isolationist president that many feared he would

Such a pity so many other fears have been confirmed. 

21 hours ago, baboon said:

'Brexit is going to sh!t and we are becoming increasingly desperate...'

You are going to be so sad when a reasonable deal between the UK and the EU is reached, albeit at the eleventh hour.  It seems fairly clear that many anti-Brexiteers are hoping that it all goes down the toilet and will no doubt be celebrating if their dire predictions of economic ruin actually come to fruition.  Any conciliatory gesture made by the UK to the EU or indeed to any other country is immediately labelled as a desperate measure. 

However unlikely, it will be very funny if the current US administration wins a second term...for no other reason than seeing the self-righteous far left liberals froth at the mouth and spasm in incredulity or disbelief...haha. Not a big fan of Trump myself, but also not a big fan of the democrats either, as they are spineless and are also not fit for office as well. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

However unlikely, it will be very funny if the current US administration wins a second term...for no other reason than seeing the self-righteous far left liberals froth at the mouth and spasm in incredulity or disbelief...haha. Not a big fan of Trump myself, but also not a big fan of the democrats either, as they are spineless and are also not fit for office as well. 

Utterly delusional.

Trump’s Presidency is dead in the water.

If he has any political capital left he needs to invest it in prison reform.

Just now, Sir Dude said:

lol...maybe Chompy. We'll see at the midterms in a few months as that will say it all. 

I’m very much looking forward to the midterms.

I’m even considering a trip to the US to volunteer with the Democrat campaign.

Please look me up when the results are in. 

"It's important... whatever the controversies around Donald Trump, to recognise that actually he has not been the isolationist president that many feared he would," Hunt told BBC radio, in an interview recorded before his departure to Washington.

Farting on and biting or attacking nearly all US friends doesn't make the LOTUS (Liar Of The...) an isolationist?

Hey Mr. Hunt, I'm afraid the „Trump-brain-sickness“ has already infected you. Or was is a@xrsh licking, sometimes named diplomacy ??

On 8/22/2018 at 7:25 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

You are going to be so sad when a reasonable deal between the UK and the EU is reached, albeit at the eleventh hour.  It seems fairly clear that many anti-Brexiteers are hoping that it all goes down the toilet and will no doubt be celebrating if their dire predictions of economic ruin actually come to fruition.  Any conciliatory gesture made by the UK to the EU or indeed to any other country is immediately labelled as a desperate measure. 

No I am not. I sincerely hope we can come to an amicable arrangement at the 11th hour. Why would I pray for the ruin of my British family, my home there and our currency just to be proven right on Thaivisa?

Maybe the British flush will beat the EU straight in poker terms, but I am not happy with the gamble is all I am saying...

On 8/22/2018 at 9:24 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m very much looking forward to the midterms.

I’m even considering a trip to the US to volunteer with the Democrat campaign.

Please look me up when the results are in. 

I would be a bit careful if I were you.

Do you remember the campaign by The Guardian, to get it's readers to write to Americans urging them not to vote for George Washington Bush? That was a bit of an own goal by some accounts...

Archived