Any tips on how to not get sick in Thailand

Bonobojt

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

common sense mate. Why seven years?  What is so special about that length of time?  What about babies against adults?  My daughter moved from LOS to UK at the age of 3.  Are you telling me that it took her until age 10 before she was acclimatised?  How about moving from the UK to the US?  Does that take 7 years as well?  As I say, sounds like BS.  Oh and  Wikky says it takes about 2 weeks, if you believe that.  Makes more sense to me. 

About three weeks to acclimatize to the heat in southeast Asia... that's about what it takes me if I avoid A/C.   But this isn't about tropical heat..  

It's about Traveler's Diarrhea.....  

"Why seven years?"  to get used to the bugs in another part of the world that gives us Traveler's Diarrhea ? ?      

Hell, I don't know..     Ask the researches that came up with that number. Perhaps you can set them straight.  But for now I will simply assume that Dr. David Shlim and Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, Charles D. Ericsson know more about the subject than you or I do. 

Here you go:   

"It goes by many names: Delhi belly. Montezuma's revenge. The Aztec two-step. But doctors use one not-so-glamorous term: "traveler's diarrhea.""

Dr. David Shlim, president of the International Society of Travel Medicine and director of Jackson Hole Travel & Tropical Medicine.

"Shlim has spent 30 years studying travelers' illnesses in Nepal. He found that long-term trekkers and expats will eventually build up immunity to diarrhea-causing bacteria. But it takes years, not weeks or months.

"Over a five-year period, your chances of coming down with diarrhea continue to drop," he says. "And you get less severe cases. But nothing changes much for one to two years.""

So why don't the locals get sick? They did — when they were kids.

Young children in developing countries are frequently exposed to diarrhea-causing E. coli and thus build up immunity to these strains during the first few years of life. These types of E. coli are much rarer in the U.S., so kids here never become immune to them."

URL for ref:   https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/08/06/429356591/can-you-protect-your-tummy-from-travelers-diarrhea

"Travelers often get diarrhea from eating and drinking foods and beverages that have no adverse effects on local residents. This is due to immunity  that develops with constant, repeated exposure to pathogenic organisms.

The extent and duration of exposure necessary to acquire immunity has not been determined; it may vary with each individual organism.

A study among expatriates in Nepal suggests that immunity may take up to seven years to develop—presumably in adults who avoid deliberate pathogen exposure. Conversely, immunity acquired by American students while living in Mexico disappeared, in one study, as quickly as eight weeks after cessation of exposure.

References: 

>   David R. Shlim, Understanding Diarrhea in Travelers. A Guide to the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the World's Most Common Travel-Related IllnessArchived 2008-05-24 at the Wayback Machine.. CIWEC Clinic Travel Medicine Center, 2004.

>  Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, Charles D. Ericsson, Travelers' diarrhea. In Jane N. Zucherman, Ed., Principles and Practice of Travel Medicine, John Wiley and Sons, 2001. p.153 Google books preview Archived 2017-09-08 at the Wayback Machine.

>

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Catoni said:

About three weeks to acclimatize to the heat in southeast Asia... that's about what it takes me if I avoid A/C.   But this isn't about tropical heat..  

It's about Traveler's Diarrhea.....  

"Why seven years?"  to get used to the bugs in another part of the world that gives us Traveler's Diarrhea ? ?      

Hell, I don't know..     Ask the researches that came up with that number. Perhaps you can set them straight.  But for now I will simply assume that Dr. David Shlim and Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, Charles D. Ericsson know more about the subject than you or I do. 

Here you go:   

"It goes by many names: Delhi belly. Montezuma's revenge. The Aztec two-step. But doctors use one not-so-glamorous term: "traveler's diarrhea.""

Dr. David Shlim, president of the International Society of Travel Medicine and director of Jackson Hole Travel & Tropical Medicine.

"Shlim has spent 30 years studying travelers' illnesses in Nepal. He found that long-term trekkers and expats will eventually build up immunity to diarrhea-causing bacteria. But it takes years, not weeks or months.

"Over a five-year period, your chances of coming down with diarrhea continue to drop," he says. "And you get less severe cases. But nothing changes much for one to two years.""

So why don't the locals get sick? They did — when they were kids.

Young children in developing countries are frequently exposed to diarrhea-causing E. coli and thus build up immunity to these strains during the first few years of life. These types of E. coli are much rarer in the U.S., so kids here never become immune to them."

URL for ref:   https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/08/06/429356591/can-you-protect-your-tummy-from-travelers-diarrhea

"Travelers often get diarrhea from eating and drinking foods and beverages that have no adverse effects on local residents. This is due to immunity  that develops with constant, repeated exposure to pathogenic organisms.

The extent and duration of exposure necessary to acquire immunity has not been determined; it may vary with each individual organism.

A study among expatriates in Nepal suggests that immunity may take up to seven years to develop—presumably in adults who avoid deliberate pathogen exposure. Conversely, immunity acquired by American students while living in Mexico disappeared, in one study, as quickly as eight weeks after cessation of exposure.

References: 

>   David R. Shlim, Understanding Diarrhea in Travelers. A Guide to the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the World's Most Common Travel-Related IllnessArchived 2008-05-24 at the Wayback Machine.. CIWEC Clinic Travel Medicine Center, 2004.

>  Luis Ostrosky-Zeichner, Charles D. Ericsson, Travelers' diarrhea. In Jane N. Zucherman, Ed., Principles and Practice of Travel Medicine, John Wiley and Sons, 2001. p.153 Google books preview Archived 2017-09-08 at the Wayback Machine.

>

"The cells lining the stomach, because they're exposed to acid, replace themselves about every five days. Cells in the epidermis last about a week. Red blood cells live for approximately four months in the body, while hepatocytes (liver cells) live about five".

we can all find opinions and 'science' dressed up as fact on the internet mate.  Most of it is rubbish and not proven by experience. 

4 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

From the first day I came to Thailand I’ve had ice in my drinks eaten “local”food and occasionally drunk a little tap water. Only lack of knowledge made me take longer to eat street food. Never had an issue.

went back home a few years back and spent 3 days n bed after an egg mayonnaise sandwich from a well known coffee chain.

With me.... I've taken Dukoral before both big trips to Thailand and Cambodia. I'm sure it's not 100% effective... but I'd be happy even with 20% protection... it's better than nothing. From personal experience... I have to highly recommend Dukoral. 

This is a Youtube commercial for it.      

I'll guess it's 80% protection.  All I know is that both trips, four months... and two months.. eating street food... and even poverty village food... I never got sick. Not everyone else got badly sick... some just a mild case of traveler's diarrhea...  but several others who did not take Dukoral and instead tried nothing... or "alternative" ways of protection like apple cider vinegar or other things... did get badly sick...  one ending up in a hospital for a few days.. 

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

"The cells lining the stomach, because they're exposed to acid, replace themselves about every five days. Cells in the epidermis last about a week. Red blood cells live for approximately four months in the body, while hepatocytes (liver cells) live about five".

we can all find opinions and 'science' dressed up as fact on the internet mate.  Most of it is rubbish and not proven by experience. 

Perhaps you missed it.......this is not some quack drive by internet guy......   I hope you don't mind, but I'll listen to him before I listen to you. 

Like I said pal...... you should get in touch with them and set them straight if they've got it wrong...  

Your duty now is to get published in the literature and get a nice award.  

David R. Shlim MD is the recent past-president of the International Society of Travel Medicine, and the author of over 45 papers on travel medicine. He lectures all over the world on travel medicine and medicine and compassion.

Rush Medical College of Rush University - Medical Education

Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center - Internship - Family Medicine

The Journal of Travel Medicine published by the International Society of Travel Medicine is a peer reviewed and PubMed indexed journal for the concentration of travel medicine. Published by ISTM 6 times a year, it provides medical professionals with current research and original articles. Subjects included in previous journals are: epidemiology among traveling individuals (including members of the military, refugees, and migrants), preventative travel care, diagnosis of illnesses obtained during travel, adventure travel, expatriated individuals, self-therapy, and the impact of travelers on a host country.   

The International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM) is an international society of physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other medical professionals based in Dunwoody, GA to promote travel health initiatives. Founded as an organization in 1991, ISTM has built a global network that is committed to the advancement of travel medicine - currently the largest organization of this type. The ISTM fosters research, facilitates the rapid exchange of information, and provides educational programming to serve the travel medicine community. Promoting the development and evaluation of safe, effective, preventive and curative interventions for patients prior to travel, during travel and post travel is an important aspect of supporting the travel medicine community.

Dr. David R. Schlim has memberships in the:

International Society of Travel Medicine

Wilderness Medical Society

American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene

International Society of Mountain Medicine

Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)

Positions Held

Past- President, International Society of Travel Medicine. The ISTM is the preeminent international organization dedicated to travel medicine, with over 3400 members in 85 countries.

Medical Editor, CDC Health Information for International Travel (The Yellow Book).

The Yellow Book is produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as the primary source of information for all travel health practitioners in the United States.

Past Chairman, Teton District Board of Health (2006 to 2016)

President, Rangjung Yeshe Gomde California: A Tibetan Buddhist Meditation and Retreat Center, Leggett, California

http://www.istm.org

https://www.tetonhospital.org/services/travel-medicine/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Society_of_Travel_Medicine

I dont know why some on this forum don't dress themselves in a massive skin tight condom and dowse themselves in Dettol every 2 hours. or maybe they should  just stay at home in the nice safe West, where, apparently, nobody ever gets sick.   

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

sounds good to me.  I was in the airline industry for many years, flying from continent to continent for over 20 years.  I never got sick from local produce/water/bugs/mossies/, just the odd cold and that was when I was at home base,  in UK or Taiwan. 

Tell it to the maybe millions of people who've traveled in the world over the last 60 years or so who have suffered all kinds of diseases and sicknesses...  including Traveler's Diarrhea..      

Arrogant, conceited "I'm better than you" type of people don't impress me..  

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I dont know why some on this forum don't dress themselves in a massive skin tight condom and dowse themselves in Dettol every 2 hours. or maybe they should  just stay at home in the nice safe West, where, apparently, nobody ever gets sick.   

I read an Australian statistic some time ago where there were 5 million cases of food poisoning every year there, the majority from restaurants.

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

Tell it to the maybe millions of people who've traveled in the world over the last 60 years or so who have suffered all kinds of diseases and sicknesses...  including Traveler's Diarrhea..      

Arrogant, conceited "I'm better than you" type of people don't impress me..  

You mean people who aren’t paranoid somehow think they’re better than you even though they haven’t a clue you even exist....erm right ok then

How the hell do you guys argue over shit?

You are gonna catch it or you arent.

90% of the time when I travel (and I travel a lot) I get the squirts just from the trip. Get off the plane and get the rumbles. Your body reacts to lots of things.

Wash your hands, hand sanitize, drink bottled water in dodgy places, eat where you see lots of locals, carry some peptol, Immodium and antibitoitcs and deal with it. If you want a vaccine, go for it, its cheap in BKK. Ill probably do it for my upcoming Cambodian road trip, but if not, see above

I’ll Just stick to terminal 21 food court, extremely popular with the Thais and has freshly cooked food on the go.

occasionly will go to a popular restaurant if I’m with a female companion. I’ll avoid street food maybe. 

As soon as I arrive I’ll buy a worm medicine /parasite from the pharmacy and take that as I’ve never taken it before, might need it you never know 

and I’ll buy some Bragg’s apple cider vinegar and it’s good for the gut

might buy grapefruit seed extract but not sure I trust it will do anything

might buy some ginger tea 

I’ll avoid alcohol but might have some vodka, it would kill off some bugs and germs inside me too.

5 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

If anyone knows any supplements that have antibacterial properties that you can buy in Thailand easily can you let me know 

things like Grapefruit Seed Extract etc ...

Probiotics are on sale at many pharmacies.  You can also buy betagen sour milk or Bulgaria yoghurt at most 7/11 stores.  And you can buy garlic capsules and carbon tablets here and there.  But really I doubt they would do much to combat an invasive bacteria or parasite..

The biggest issue is contamination- fruit and veg is of course very healthy, however, the water it is washed in maybe not. 

Because of the scene, there is actually quite a bit of squalor around the Sukhumvit area.  I wouldn't want to spend too much time there.

Honestly, the kind of worrying you do is not good for the guts; you must have noticed?

53 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Probiotics are on sale at many pharmacies.  You can also buy betagen sour milk or Bulgaria yoghurt at most 7/11 stores.  And you can buy garlic capsules and carbon tablets here and there.  But really I doubt they would do much to combat an invasive bacteria or parasite..

The biggest issue is contamination- fruit and veg is of course very healthy, however, the water it is washed in maybe not. 

Because of the scene, there is actually quite a bit of squalor around the Sukhumvit area.  I wouldn't want to spend too much time there.

Honestly, the kind of worrying you do is not good for the guts; you must have noticed?

I’m just feeling nausea today,. It’s been quite bad today, and I just want to enjoy my time in Thailand and not feel like this, hence the worrying

might just try natural nausea remedies like lemon and ginger to get me through he days.

11 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I am talking mainly about gut issues like food poisoning, germs, bugs, bacterial, parasite etc...as I don’t have the strongest gut at the moment.

i just want to play it smart this time, think ahead etc ..

i thought Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother was good for the gut ? It kills germs, it’s alkaline, maybe it’s overhyped 

things like turmeric and green tea are very well known to be healthy for your body and immune system.

anyway I guess it’s out of my control, it’s all down to the restaurants and chefs hygiene, and how lucky or unlucky you are ..

I've been around the block a time or two - associated with Thailand and SE Asia over 50 years - the key is to "just dive in"  eat local, slowly and in reputable places, don't go overboard and walk down to the nearest alley and eat there, or in the many food stalls in parking lots where food sits outside all day.........the ones that cook on site are okay.  You will get sick, we all do, regardless what lots have already said "I also have a cast iron stomach, can eat roadkill, but even I will get a jelly belly from time to time  -  I don;t take anything for it 'cept lemon water, if it lets more than 3 or 4 days then its time for the pharmacy - a 5 pill Z-Pack will cure anything Thailand can throw at you.  Surprisingly enough last year I got sick was in the M***tt Hotel buffet in Bangkok.  There ys have it.

Op I came down with IBS-D after salmonella poisoning in Thailand. After four years of eating everything here one day I ate at a restaurant in a mall and that was it.

There is no cure for IBS-D as there is no clear understanding of what causes it. If you wonder what its like, just imagine having diarrhea for the rest of your life. Op you should look at the FODMAP diet. It will freak you out all the foods you can no longer eat.

one another note, I kiss a lot of women in Thailand and I notice I get sore throats after kissing some of them for the first time. But never a second sore throat from the same woman twice. I kissed a lot of women in the USA and also got sore throats. 

Also for me there is a two day period before I get sick from kissing.

I seem to get the flu when I go to Bangkok and ride the Skytrain or go to the mall packed with tourists. If my maid comes over to the house and is sick, then there is a greater chance I will get sick. I noticed that my girlfriend's son got sick and then she got sick with the same thing.  If I stay home and drink bottled water and eat meals that I cook then nothing happens. You have to pay close attention to the expiry dates on food here.    

I know this sounds terrible but it is true, I had a Thai woman decide she wanted to urinate in my mouth. It was totally unexpected and I thought sure I was going to get really sick but nothing happened. So it is really hard to know how a lot of this stuff works.   

I get a stomach ache if I eat too many grapes.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Op I came down with IBS-D after salmonella poisoning in Thailand. After four years of eating everything here one day I ate at a restaurant in a mall and that was it.

There is no cure for IBS-D as there is no clear understanding of what causes it. If you wonder what its like, just imagine having diarrhea for the rest of your life. Op you should look at the FODMAP diet. It will freak you out all the foods you can no longer eat.

one another note, I kiss a lot of women in Thailand and I notice I get sore throats after kissing some of them for the first time. But never a second sore throat from the same woman twice. I kissed a lot of women in the USA and also got sore throats. 

Also for me there is a two day period before I get sick from kissing.

I seem to get the flu when I go to Bangkok and ride the Skytrain or go to the mall packed with tourists. If my maid comes over to the house and is sick, then there is a greater chance I will get sick. I noticed that my girlfriend's son got sick and then she got sick with the same thing.  If I stay home and drink bottled water and eat meals that I cook then nothing happens. You have to pay close attention to the expiry dates on food here.    

I know this sounds terrible but it is true, I had a Thai woman decide she wanted to urinate in my mouth. It was totally unexpected and I thought sure I was going to get really sick but nothing happened. So it is really hard to know how a lot of this stuff works.   

I get a stomach ache if I eat too many grapes.

I’m not exactly sure what’s causing my gut issues but it randomly started to feel really bad after eating oats and bread so I quit that and basically started to follow the Fodmap diet, I was eating white rice and eggs and fish and lentils and kale, tomato Passata,,,felt improvement but recently I’ve been feeling nausea and fatigue , not sure why. Now I’ve decided to just eat rice and meat and egg and some veggie, cut back on the fibre and carbs. 

Might have to stop eating rice if no improvement

it could be IBS

maybe SIBO 

a parasite 

haven’t really got a clue 

I did get sick from a lack of hydration and over exerting myself in the sun a few months ago. I got a bee in my bonnet as my Mrs family grew a load of lovely mangoes and no one was picking them. So we drove 80km booked into a local hotel with a then 1 year old child. Went to the in laws and spent 4 hours picking and collecting mangoes. Got 4 sacks of 10-15 kg and carried them 200 metres in the baking heat. Big mistake. Get to hotel and was completely fatigued from sun stroke and lack of hydration. Vomited a bit and slept badly with a very hurt head. Had me worried as nearest hospital was 30km away and a death trap in itself anyway. Thankfully the next day I felt 70% so we escaped home and I recovered fully within 24 hours. So my days of being a hero are over. Lesson learned.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I did get sick from a lack of hydration and over exerting myself in the sun a few months ago. I got a bee in my bonnet as my Mrs family grew a load of lovely mangoes and no one was picking them. So we drove 80km booked into a local hotel with a then 1 year old child. Went to the in laws and spent 4 hours picking and collecting mangoes. Got 4 sacks of 10-15 kg and carried them 200 metres in the baking heat. Big mistake. Get to hotel and was completely fatigued from sun stroke and lack of hydration. Vomited a bit and slept badly with a very hurt head. Had me worried as nearest hospital was 30km away and a death trap in itself anyway. Thankfully the next day I felt 70% so we escaped home and I recovered fully within 24 hours. So my days of being a hero are over. Lesson learned.

No hat?

Man, this guy reminds me of my ex-wife. She could turn the most amazing thing into a question of potential disaster.

Me: "Babe!!! We just won $5 million in the lottery!"

Her: "I suppose now everyone will want a loan...or we'll get robbed."

Me after 14 years of marriage: "Babe!!! I'm divorcing you!"

Her: "Well, you've already made up your mind, nothing I can do to change it."

Me 13 years later - living in a tropical paradise, great job, awesome wife and FREAKING HAPPY......

11 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

You mean people who aren’t paranoid somehow think they’re better than you even though they haven’t a clue you even exist....erm right ok then

Uhmmm, no. Not me personally . I thought that would be obvious. But they DO have a clue that a few billion other people exist on this world besides themselves, unless they live in a bubble like you do perhaps. 

So since I get my vaccinations, including DUKORAL... that makes me “paranoid”??

I get all my shots before my trips to Southeast Asia. It’s an “insurance” that I can afford. 

Since you aren’t paranoid, I guess you don’t bother with any kind of insurance, right? 

I guess if you buy health insurance, then you’re paranoid also..right???  Why don’t you show us all just how brave you are and cancel your policies?? 

Actions speak louder than words. 

Man, this guy reminds me of my ex-wife. She could turn the most amazing thing into a question of potential disaster.

Me: "Babe!!! We just won $5 million in the lottery!"

Her: "I suppose now everyone will want a loan...or we'll get robbed."

Me after 14 years of marriage: "Babe!!! I'm divorcing you!"

Her: "Well, you've already made up your mind, nothing I can do to change it."

Me 13 years later - living in a tropical paradise, great job, awesome wife and FREAKING HAPPY......

So can I have a loan then?

9 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I’m not exactly sure what’s causing my gut issues but it randomly started to feel really bad after eating oats and bread so I quit that and basically started to follow the Fodmap diet, I was eating white rice and eggs and fish and lentils and kale, tomato Passata,,,felt improvement but recently I’ve been feeling nausea and fatigue , not sure why. Now I’ve decided to just eat rice and meat and egg and some veggie, cut back on the fibre and carbs. 

it could be IBS

maybe SIBO 

a parasite 

haven’t really got a clue 

It sounds more like a stomach issue (not intestines/bowels), since you report nausea but no gut symptoms.

Inappropriate diet, fast lifestyle, booze, physical exhaustion, nerves, heat exhaustion, lack of sodium and essential nutrients such as iron- they all play a part, and worrying can be a cause and not the effect.  You mentioned Terminal 21 so I'm guessing you are in the Sukhumvit area of Bkk.  The area you're in goes with a certain lifestyle that will undermine health imo- been there, done it, and seen many friends bed ridden from a few unwise days and nights' action.

I would say more rest, eat at Foodland soi 5, where you can have your traditional diet.  The portions also tend to be on the stingy side which may suit you at present. It's clean and largely booze free.

As to the rest, well you probably need an antacid, and a sedative.  A visit to the clinic might help.  It's possible that you are not really connected up to your body and a doctor might see something you are not aware of such as non allergic rhinitis, which would result in too much phlegm going in to your stomach.

4 hours ago, Catoni said:

Uhmmm, no. Not me personally . I thought that would be obvious. But they DO have a clue that a few billion other people exist on this world besides themselves, unless they live in a bubble like you do perhaps. 

So since I get my vaccinations, including DUKORAL... that makes me “paranoid”??

I get all my shots before my trips to Southeast Asia. It’s an “insurance” that I can afford. 

Since you aren’t paranoid, I guess you don’t bother with any kind of insurance, right? 

I guess if you buy health insurance, then you’re paranoid also..right???  Why don’t you show us all just how brave you are and cancel your policies?? 

Actions speak louder than words. 

You’re right, I don’t have any policies to cancel. I gave up on stuff like anti malarial donkeys years ago. I don’t have jabs that I think are unnecessary 

14 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Rice was found to be a major source of "travellers diarrhoea" according to a survey conducted a few years ago...…...this esp from stalls where it is cooked then left in a warm environment.

Also this time wear a condom!!

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Rice was found to be a major source of "travellers diarrhoea" according to a survey conducted a few years ago...…...this esp from stalls where it is cooked then left in a warm environment.

Also this time wear a condom!!

I see no reason to wear a condom when eating rice!  Frankly, that someone could get in to a state of arousal from such a prosaic activity is beyond me!

17 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I see no reason to wear a condom when eating rice!  Frankly, that someone could get in to a state of arousal from such a prosaic activity is beyond me!

article-2527235-1A3AB4C900000578-443_634

Off to take care of chubby

On 8/22/2018 at 8:14 AM, themerg said:

Don't drink public water.

For diarrhea, which I had, here are 3 advices.  Number 1-- Get and keep a supply of all medicines you were given at the hospital.  Number2-- Have the doctor give you a 10-day supply of medications. Thais are smaller people, the normal prescription is 5 days.   Number 3-- Go to a hospital, you will most likely need an IV bag of of Vitamin B complex.

Thai hospitals are very inexpensive. I went to Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai emergency room for diarrhea, it cost me 3, 360 Thai Baht ($100.00 US) with medicines included, and they billed me for 15 days later. In the USA, this would have cost $600.00. I was feeling better and able to travel in 3 hours on a already scheduled trip to Mon Jam.

A packet of generic Immodium (referred to by "Best Beloved" as "Vitamin for not go toilet") would have cost you 30 baht.a litre of water from 7/11 would cost 16 Baht (17 if you wanted a posher label); Robert would be your mothers brother!

?

God it’s frustrating eating out now in the western world, now that I’m on the Fodmap diet, gluten free dairy free, sugar free etc.. I’ve got to spend the night at Gatwick airport then then another night at Copenhagen airport then I’m off to Bangkok, dam I should of got a direct flight, can’t wait to have access to the Thai diet.

had a sirloin steak yesterday, haven’t eaten a steak in years, my body didn’t react well to it , bad idea that was. 

I’m such a mess at the moment it’s quite laughable 

Archived