BANGKOK 25 April 2019 05:10
Mattybyrne88

What to do in Pattaya

Any recommendations on things to do during the day ? First time visit to Thailand and decided to do 7 days in Pattaya and 4 in Bangkok. Plan to go fishing in castaway one of the days and maybe one of the islands another. Is there any day trips anyone can recommend?  Also has anyone ever been to the island with monkeys as it will save me a trip to lopburi. 

For me, 7 days in Pattaya would mean a day or 2 of shopping and the rest just a short ride over to Koh Larn Island.  Relaxing and you wouldn't even know you're in Pattaya (area).  If you want a pool, I recommend Bee Orchid Resort in the village.....or.....no pool, right on the beach is Xanadu Beach Resort at the very end of Samae Beach. Always do one of these 2 when there and will never change.  (also Monkey Beach [aka "Nuan Beach"] on Koh Larn Island  still has a few monkeys hanging around down at the end of the beach too when there just a few months ago)

Edited by mushroomdave

First time trip ? Have you been to SE Asia before ? 

Thai Visa is an absolute font of information:

But we need more info.

What exactly are you hoping for this trip? 

Age? 

Cultural interests - there are a few nearby places, temples, Sanctuary of Truth etc etc

Food/ Restaurants- need to find out  the best recommendations - 5* or local ? 

Will you have transport? 

Shopping? 

Are you hoping to find yourself on a fabulous tropical beach? ( tricky in Pattaya)

Is it in the back of your mind - perhaps would like to interact with the locals - then we need to know if you are straight, gay or perhaps trans . 

Pattaya is tricky for first time visitors - there are loads of hidden gems - an example small bars on the beach in Na Jomtien . 

OP- more info required - and then Thai Visa will come up with the goods.

Sadly probably nothing more will be heard from the OP 

Regards 

Mate if you want a few nice enjoyable days get yourself a few golf sticks can purchase the balls on the out to Siam Country Golf Club  place is full of Beautiful caddies  (Gal's)  dressed in Yellow & Blue, you will have a super time only 20 minutes by Bath bus,

• Thanks 1

Don't go to Ko Larn.  It is a super big waste of time and boring. The beaches suck there.  Really nothing to see....unless 10,000 Chinese is what you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you want to really do an Island Trip why not try Koh  Sichang 

About 45 mins from Pattaya on route 3 North at a nice town called Sriracha

I have not been to the Island for a while. but it used to be really good fora day trip

Good Luck

29 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Don't go to Ko Larn.  It is a super big waste of time and boring. The beaches suck there.  Really nothing to see....unless 10,000 Chinese is what you are looking for.

100 percent wrong advice except for the one Chinese speedboat dominated beach. At least seven beaches and they are clean and have few people and no Chinese. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

100 percent wrong advice except for the one Chinese speedboat dominated beach. At least seven beaches and they are clean and have few people and no Chinese. 

What the hell are you talking about... I was there last weekend and all I could see was Chinese on the beach.  And it is also true that the beaches are nothing special. You should consider going to Railay Beach in Krabi... by far the best beach in all of Thailand!

• Sad 1

On 8/21/2018 at 3:08 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Both hotels are cheap Charlie hotels and quite bad. Food poisoning guaranteed.

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

First time trip ? Have you been to SE Asia before ? 

Thai Visa is an absolute font of information:

But we need more info.

What exactly are you hoping for this trip? 

Age? 

Cultural interests - there are a few nearby places, temples, Sanctuary of Truth etc etc

Food/ Restaurants- need to find out  the best recommendations - 5* or local ? 

Will you have transport? 

Shopping? 

Are you hoping to find yourself on a fabulous tropical beach? ( tricky in Pattaya)

Is it in the back of your mind - perhaps would like to interact with the locals - then we need to know if you are straight, gay or perhaps trans . 

Pattaya is tricky for first time visitors - there are loads of hidden gems - an example small bars on the beach in Na Jomtien . 

OP- more info required - and then Thai Visa will come up with the goods.

Sadly probably nothing more will be heard from the OP 

Regards 

I'm 20, booked April suite s and Areca lodge. Here for women, relaxing, shopping, drinking, sightseeing, fishing etc. I'm up for anything tbh