What to do in Pattaya

Mattybyrne88

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Its an offer, not a request....Shudderx2

Mekong has been superseded by Songsam years ago.  In 29 years of visiting,  working in and living in Thailand I have never heard such an offer or greeting. It sounds made up to me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The manic said:

Mekong has been superseded by Songsam years ago.  In 29 years of visiting,  working in and living in Thailand I have never heard such an offer or greeting. It sounds made up to me.

Really? Must be an imaginary bottle here. Oh wait,  here is the  red stamp...superseded it says.  you must be right, thank you for leading me into the light with all your knowledge.

Guess you haven't heard everything. I probably hang in fancier places.....

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Really? Must be an imaginary bottle here. Oh wait,  here is the  red stamp...superseded it says.  you must be right, thank you for leading me into the light with all your knowledge.

Guess you haven't heard everything. I probably hang in fancier places.....

Mekong still exists and it is still on sale but it is not a common, nor is it cheap as it was was. It is far more common to see Sangsom, Recency or Blend 285. In this  respect, in terms of common forms of consumption Mekong is less common than Sangsom. Many bars and shops do not stock it. Like Kloster beer it is, primarily, a feature of the peast. I'm sure you will agree.

52 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Really? Must be an imaginary bottle here.

Is it the original rotgut, the one that tastes like diesel oil? The new mekhong they introduced just doesn't kill your innards the same way the genuine one did, they changed it what 2008-9? Since then I don't know of any one drinking it, usually the choice for instant liver cancer is laokhau or hong thong.

20 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Is it the original rotgut, the one that tastes like diesel oil? The new mekhong they introduced just doesn't kill your innards the same way the genuine one did, they changed it what 2008-9? Since then I don't know of any one drinking it, usually the choice for instant liver cancer is laokhau or hong thong.

59 minutes ago, The manic said:

Mekong still exists and it is still on sale but it is not a common, nor is it cheap as it was was. It is far more common to see Sangsom, Recency or Blend 285. In this  respect, in terms of common forms of consumption Mekong is less common than Sangsom. Many bars and shops do not stock it. Like Kloster beer it is, primarily, a feature of the peast. I'm sure you will agree.

The glorious past.....?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 6:06 PM, Spidey said:

Areca Lodge good choice. Nice hotel in the heart of the action.

I doubt very much that you'll see much daylight on your visit.

My advice would be to find yourself a nice companion as soon as you arrive. Used to take me 10 - 15 minutes on leaving Areca Lodge when I holidayed here. The beauty is that having chosen your holiday girlfriend, if you aren't happy, easy to change her for a new one the next night.

As far as things to do in the day, ask your new girlfriend, use her as your tour guide. If you want a few days side trip, try Koh Chang or Kho Samet, your new girlfriend will love either.

Even though I've lived here for years, I still enjoy a day out to Kho Larn. On landing, catch a baht bus to the West side of the island (far side), Tien beach is my favourite, white sand, crystal clear water, few Chinese tourists, plenty of beach chairs/ shade. Good food and drink brought to your beach chair.

http://kohlarn.com/beaches-of-koh-larn.html

How often do those baht buses go and then how often do they show up to bring you back?  We always rent bikes so we can go wherever whenever.  I don't recall seeing a lot of baht busses at the beaches.  Do they go to monkey beach as well?

On 8/23/2018 at 3:12 AM, DrTuner said:

Screw everything that moves. Why else bother coming to Patts?

Majority of people in Pattaya are not here for that.  So clearly there are a lot of people who disagree with that statement.  Open your bloodshot eyes as you drink your first beer of the morning and look around you.  Maybe you will notice the changes.

Just now, lapd said:

How often do those baht busses go and then how often do they show up to bring you back?  We always rent bikes so we can go wherever whenever.  I don't recall seeing a lot of baht busses at the beaches.  Do they go to monkey beach as well?

Probably, every 20 minutes in both directions. Never been to Monkey Beach but they do go to all the main beaches, so I would say "Yes".

To get to Kho Larn, walk to the end of Bali Hi pier in Pattaya. Ask which ferry is going to Naban Port. Pay your 30baht and board the boat. Crossing takes about 40 minutes. Once in Naban, walk up to the village, turn left and a couple of hundred metres later you will see a large car park with several baht busses in it, on your left. Ask the drivers which one is going to your chosen beach. Jump on and the bus will set off when it's full. On arrival, pay the driver 30 baht and enjoy your day. When leaving you will find baht busses parked up at the point they dropped you off.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoy the cinema at Central Festival during the day hours. 

I really like to watch the tribute to the King and the different advertisements.  

Most movies are in English with Thai subtitles, but some are vice versa.

This keeps me in the air conditioning during the hot day time hours.

Archived