Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen, in guilty plea, says made payments at candidate's direction

webfact

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Laundered Russia money?  maybe, any evidence, data, links those types of things?

Be patient. And be careful what you wish for.

These investigations are complicated and take a long, long, long time. Just ask Ken Starr, and Brett Kavanaugh.

DdV_MjMWsAEOnKf.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mtls2005 said:

Be patient. And be careful what you wish for.

These investigations are complicated and take a long, long, long time. Just ask Ken Starr, and Brett Kavanaugh.

DdV_MjMWsAEOnKf.jpg

Fair enough let's see.  I think they will damage him along the way for political purposes and there will be no collusion at the end. But who knows?

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Laundered Russia money?  maybe, any evidence, data, links those types of things?

There has been MUCH written about this.  But it's mostly investigative reporting type stuff, not criminal investigations.  It would take an army of lawyers, investigators, and financial experts to figure out what the heck is going on.  But wait, we have the Mueller investigation....cool.

Here's just a few of many articles.  Look it up for yourself....

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a21654291/wow-its-strange-these-russians-paid-millions-in-cash-for-trump-properties/

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/robert-mueller-probing-trump-money-laundering-collusion-russia.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-fusion/sales-of-trump-properties-suggestive-of-money-laundering-researcher-idUSKBN1F727X

Even Bannon mentioned it....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-trump-money-laundering-kushner-20180105-story.html

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Not at all I was for Bernie and think Trumps a megalomaniac but I want truth, not petty liberal 'get him at all costs'.  If he's done wrong let's see it in cold, hard facts.  Paying off girls is unsavory but endemic I want to see the BIG stuff like collusion.

It’s coming.

Though I’m not at all convinced you want to see it.

We’ll check back on your response when the real dirt arrives.

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I think they will damage him along the way for political purposes and there will be no collusion at the end.

He's arguably damaged himself - seems to be one of his many, many, many, many character faults. Daddy issues?

Conspiracy, not collusion, will be proven. Of that, I have no doubt. Whether trump was directly involved is 50/50. His gang definitely conspired with Russians.

IT is over. This all reminds me of Al Capone getting caught on tax evasion, because you know this was just the tip of the iceberg with trump. 

There are still more problems possible with both cohen and manaford. There could possibly be more recordings made by cohen which would absolutely end trump. Then even if he did make it through all this, the muller report is still coming, and who knows what other endictments on people who could flip on him. Plus there are hundreds of cia and fbi agents denouncing his actions. 

There comesa time when you can't buy and lawyer your way out of problems any longer, and trump has reached that time. 

4 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

IT is over. This all reminds me of Al Capone getting caught on tax evasion, because you know this was just the tip of the iceberg with trump. 

There are still more problems possible with both cohen and manaford. There could possibly be more recordings made by cohen which would absolutely end trump. Then even if he did make it through all this, the muller report is still coming, and who knows what other endictments on people who could flip on him. Plus there are hundreds of cia and fbi agents denouncing his actions. It is over. 

Unfortunately nothing is over. This is just a small bump that may or may not have any significance. Al Capone was judged by a system that wanted him convicted. Trump will be judged by Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of, and are likely terrified of setting a precedent that could come back on them.

No, this is a show. Nothing more. Nothing is over. Clinton was caught dead to rights in a perjury scandal, and walked away without a scratch. This is a minor bump by comparison, and anyone who thinks most politicians at that level haven't illegally colluded to win an election (Really? A politician paying someone off to hide a scandal is news?) during their career is living in fantasy land.

Is Trump guilty? Of course. Does it matter? Probably not.

There are so many skeletons in so many closets that this has very little chance of meaning anything.

29 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

"Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen"

Is attorney - client privilege null and void when one is no longer retained?

Irrelevant, the court appointed a ‘Special Master’ who has reviewed Cohen’s documents and records (including tape recordings).

Almost all have been released to the FBI as not subject to ‘Client/Attorney Privileged’.

4 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Unfortunately nothing is over. This is just a small bump that may or may not have any significance. Al Capone was judged by a system that wanted him convicted. Trump will be judged by Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of, and are likely terrified of setting a precedent that could come back on them.

No, this is a show. Nothing more. Nothing is over. Clinton was caught dead to rights in a perjury scandal, and walked away without a scratch. This is a minor bump by comparison, and anyone who thinks most politicians at that level haven't illegally colluded to win an election (Really? A politician paying someone off to hide a scandal is news?) during their career is living in fantasy land.

Is Trump guilty? Of course. Does it matter? Probably not.

There are so many skeletons in so many closets that this has very little chance of meaning anything.

"Trump will be judged by Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of, and are likely terrified of setting a precedent that could come back on them.
Most members of congress have done far worse? Evidence?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Cohen, one of Trump's closest associates for more than a decade, said he arranged to make payments "for (the) principal purpose of influencing (the) election" at the direction of a candidate for federal office.

This means Traitor Trump is guilty of committing at least two illegal federal acts of campaign finance crimes if he directed Cohen to arrange the payments. This alone should be grounds for impeachment. Cohen implicated Traitor Trump as a co-conspirator while under oath.

If Traitor Trump had any decency (yah, I know, not possible), he should resign as a matter of principle of holding the office of the presidency to a higher standard. Committing at least two federal crimes to get elected and then staying on as president should not be acceptable to any American.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"Trump will be judged by Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of, and are likely terrified of setting a precedent that could come back on them.
Most members of congress have done far worse? Evidence?

Really? That is what you took away from my comment?  The only thing you could think of to say is "Please give me evidence of congressional scandals?"

No. I will not spend time finding evidence of congressional scandals for TV. There are far too many and it would take far too long.

Just now, Monomial said:

Really? That is what you took away from my comment?  The only thing you could think of to say is "Please give me evidence of congressional scandals?"

No. I will not spend time finding evidence of congressional scandals for TV. There are far too many and it would take far too long.

Besides, they would be removed as "off topic".

1 minute ago, Silurian said:

This means Traitor Trump is guilty of committing at least two illegal federal acts of campaign finance crimes if he directed Cohen to arrange the payments. This alone should be grounds for impeachment. Cohen implicated Traitor Trump as a co-conspirator while under oath.

If Traitor Trump had any decency (yah, I know, not possible), he should resign as a matter of principle of holding the office of the presidency to a higher standard. Committing at least two federal crimes to get elected and then staying on as president should not be acceptable to any American. 

And yet, there is a long history of presidents doing exactly this. Trump is no different. He will fight it just like everyone else, and he will likely stay in office. Guilt is not what forces someone at that level from their post.

1 minute ago, Monomial said:

Ofr course you won't, because your claim ' Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of' is nonsense.

1 minute ago, Monomial said:

There are 535 Senators and congressman. "Most" in this context would mean at least 268 recent scandals. Are you really contending that there was anything like that amount?

3 minutes ago, Silurian said:

This means Traitor Trump is guilty of committing at least two illegal federal acts of campaign finance crimes if he directed Cohen to arrange the payments.

And a dash of Conspiracy as well.

All the sex, lies, cover-ups and videotapes regarding the Daniels and McDougal payments haven't helped. Maybe Guiliani has a good explanation?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm starting to think Trump is made of Teflon - nothing sticks.

That's because he's only 'guilty' of paying off bimbos. 

No collusion. Manafort's witch hunt is a big nothing burger ? 

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Ofr course you won't, because your claim ' Congress...most of whom have done far worse than he is being accused of' is nonsense. 

No. The reason I will not is because it is irrelevant. The salient point is that he will be judged by people who are afraid that getting into a war with a sitting president will expose all of their dark secrets. I don't care about delving into opinions about whose scandals are worse.

If you want to have a rational discussion, address the main point which is that Congress is biased against impeachment and conviction due to the harm it could do to themselves if there were any retribution. Even Clinton, who was judged by a majority Republican Congress, was not ultimately convicted. Why do you think Trump's guilt matters one bit?

Antifa protester punches Nazi at heated protest rally: Trumpers gasp, clutch pearls, lament lawlessness, demand police enforce the law, arrest, convict and jail the guy. RESPECT THE LAW! Lawlessness cannot be allowed to prevail! They say.

Trump cohorts plead guilty/convicted of tax evasion, money laundering, perjury, campaign finance violations—Trumpers: meh, is that even a serious crime, c’mon guys, it’s a nothingburger.

2 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

That's because he's only 'guilty' of paying off bimbos. 

No collusion. Manafort's witch hunt is a big nothing burger ? 

If Cohen's contentions are borne out in a court of law, Trump would be guilty of a crime. And that would be a kind of collusion: conspiring to violate campaign laws.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And a dash of Conspiracy as well.

All the sex, lies, cover-ups and videotapes regarding the Daniels and McDougal payments haven't helped. Maybe Guiliani has a good explanation?

And conspiracy is a form of collusion.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Cohen has got hard evidence, documents and tapes.

Correction, the FBI have now got Cohen’s hard evidence, documents and tapes.

If the FBI didn't have evidence they'd just manufacture some. 

Archived