Registering UK Marriage in Pattaya

I received me and my wife's UK marriage certificate back yesterday from the UK, now all we have to do is whizz to Bangkok tomorrow get it translated at MOFA and then wait for it posted back to Pattaya

Thing is I heard a rule that when marrying in Thailand you need at least 10 days left on your visa...does this apply to us registering as we're already married in the UK... I can't see us getting the remaining bits done with still 10 days  left, I might have to use my 30 day extension

Or do you think we should just go into the Amphoe and see if its OK ?    we checked with the guy on the reception who's been there for years and he said all we need is my certified passport letter from UK Embassy,  Legalized UK Marriage cert and the translated MOFA bit ......I'm hoping they don't ask for my birth certificate or anything else as we specifically went there to check beforehand 

P.S - I also don't know how much it will cost to register us in the Amphoe, I'm assuming there will be a fee obviously but can't find any info on this or get any sense from them when I went there ?

Edited by richiejom

24 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Thing is I heard a rule that when marrying in Thailand you need at least 10 days left on your visa...does this apply to us registering as we're already married in the UK...

No it does not and in reality as far I know there is no 10 day requirement to register a new marriage.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you need more time. Immigration does not require a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry to apply for it.

• Like 1