Koh Tao setting a fine example in campaign to stop the peril of plastic bags

webfact

8pm.jpg

Much maligned Koh Tao is setting a great example in restricting plastic bags among tourists.

Thai media Manager said that a 7/11 campaign to protect the environment should be followed at all tourist places throughout Thailand.

Pictures and text on the Facebook page of "Yim Pan Suk" showed tourists more than happy to comply with the request to refrain from using plastic bags at 7/11.

Smiling visitors were shown giving the thumbs up, carrying their purchases in their hands, using a cloth bag and even a bucket.

Manager said that Koh Tao was acting on global warming.

The island has had a bad press after hitting the news in a negative way after a double murder and other mysterious cases and disappearances.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-22

Why not just stop throwing the plastic bags everywhere ?

Just put them in the garbage bag where they belong - problem solved !

On a side note:

Maybe somebody can enlighten me on the connection between plastic bags and global warming.

One more thing:

I saw some old mattresses disposed of next to the road in quite some places here on Koh Samui.

The logical consequence for all of us would be to stop using mattresses and sleep on the floor I guess ???

This would [obviously] also stop global warming and save the planet !!! Great idea !!!

2 hours ago, brain150 said:

On a side note:

Maybe somebody can enlighten me on the connection between plastic bags and global warming.

When plastic degrades it releases methane which is a green house gas.

https://news.sky.com/story/degrading-plastics-release-greenhouse-gases-study-shows-11457278

Wondering why the Thai public thinks this should be implemented in all tourist areas

and not all of Thailand. My guess is they think there pollution and waste does not count.

Also, my guess would be that tourists are more likely to dispose of the plastic bags they

do use in the bin and not discard them willy-nilly.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They need something, since Koh Tao isn't so good in setting fine examples in other topics. 

20 hours ago, brain150 said:

On a side note:

Got a  brain150  name. Yet no brain

Archived