British man fined 5,000 THB over Pattaya pool party sex tape

webfact

British man fined 5,000 THB over Pattaya pool party sex tape

1pm1.jpg.9d8d08a2ba579d1c5d6d470789c1d55b.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The foreign man seen cavorting in a hotel pool with a Thai woman in a tape that annoyed the authorities has been named as British.

INN reported that Daniel Robert Smith, 33, was fined 5,000 baht for offending public decency.

He was then handed over to immigration officials by Pattaya police.

It was not stated in the story that he was being deported but INN quoted police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that the cops had not stood still in the matter and that they were determined to stamp out wrongdoing by foreigners including people on overstay.

No word has been made about the female in the clip in what is believed to have been simulated sex acts in the pool of the A-One The Royal Cruise during a party organized by Kolour at the hotel on Saturday.

The poster pf the clip is now in custody and faces jail.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I find really funny about this, is that while we are all laughing that they would bother getting into a frenzy over something so petty, these clowns actually think they are helping Pattayas reputation, when in truth they are doing quite the opposite. Amazing Thailand!

Pattaya known all over the world for being the easiest place to get what ever you desire sexually.

With out that reputation it would be like a ghost town.

Yet here you have a bunch of clowns getting their knickers in a twist over what?

A man having a little fun with a lady, no sex , no nudity, no offence to others at the party, but little upstarts who have not been getting any attention make a big song and dance over it, IDIOTS, you will just get tourists going elsewhere in future.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The thing I find really funny about this, is that while we are all laughing that they would bother getting into a frenzy over something so petty, these clowns actually think they are helping Pattayas reputation, when in truth they are doing quite the opposite. Amazing Thailand!

See, I think they are, in fact, enhancing Pattaya’s reputation...just not the one they wish to project. What is said? And publicity is good advertising.... fond memories.

6 minutes ago, nahkit said:

How can you offend public decency at a private, paid for gathering held on private property?

Maybe allowing yourself to be filmed while partaking in lewd acts and having posted on the internet isn't so private.i notice how quick they are to find the farang but not the girl.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

No word has been made about the female in the clip

but has already had 000's of hits on p*rnhub in the under one minute library of " eating seafood " ( euphemism ) category .. 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The same thing happened back in April when the cops raided a private party and filmed the whole thing and then released it to the media. Presumably that would have enhanced Pattaya's reputation as the flesh capital of Asia and possibly created an increased demand for these sorts of parties.

Dumbo police.

23 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Maybe allowing yourself to be filmed while partaking in lewd acts and having posted on the internet isn't so private.i notice how quick they are to find the farang but not the girl.

I haven't watched the clip so I've no idea if he allowed himself to be filmed but I thought they had arrested a Thai for actually posting it.

51 minutes ago, nahkit said:

How can you offend public decency at a private, paid for gathering held on private property?

Apparently you can. The little pipsqueak who posted the clip, should get hauled over the coals. The peeping tom was not in bed by 7:30 pm. It should get a fine of 25,000.00 Baht and a three month stint in prison, regardless of who their daddy is, for helping Pataya's reputation sink lower than the bottom of the cesspit.

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

The scary part is he was fined and deported. No court, no judge and really no law was broken , yet fined and deported

Fined - but not deported (yet). According to the original post: "It was not stated in the story that he was being deported"

The story says he was handed over to Immigration (for apparent overstay violation). He may well sit in an IDC cell for awhile before going to court and then being deported.

And lewd behaviour in public probably is a crime (in Thailand) for which he was fined. 

So it would appear that yes, laws were broken. Thai laws. Not "in my country they wouldn't even arrest us for that" laws.

Word to the wise - if you want to look like a criminal, act like a criminal and are already on "overstay" - don't get filmed doing lewd things in a PUBLIC place. 

No, it wasn't a "private party" at a "private venue" so don't even bother arguing otherwise. It was a sponsored party (Kolour Beachside Partyat a hotel's pool, the "A-One The Royal Cruise" hotel in North Pattaya. The hotel is the one that was built to vaguely resemble a couple of cruise ships and is on Beach Road between soi 2 and 3.
The swimming pools are in front of the "ships", between them and Beach Road.

The party that was even advertised on ThaiVisa's (or Inspire's TV channel). (I think they are one and the same aren't they ?)
Had a chuckle when I saw the party was still being advertised there a couple days after the event (and after the news stories broke).

Archived