Wi-fi Or Internet In Khorat / Chaiyaphum

steve73

Hi All,

I'll be visiting the region next month for a couple of weeks, and wonder if any of you know if there are any places that have internet access (preferably via a free wi-fi connection, although I'm more than happy to buy a few beers or a meal if it's in a bar or restaurant..! Me, Cheap Charlie? - never!!)

I'll be staying in the Phra Thong Kham / Ban Luam / Khong area, and don't really want to have to go to Khorat city for this (it's too busy for my liking).

Alternatively, does anybody know a suitable (cheap) access number using dial-up via a land-line, or even whether I could arrange for a short term Broadband connection from the family's place (they already have a land-line).

Next option would be to go to Chaiyaphum city (or Khorat even lower down the list), might even stay overnight in Chaiyaphum if any hotels offer free wi-fi.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

• 3 months later...

Free WiFi would probably only be available in the 'big' hotel chains in the cities (maybe Starbucks also?). Cheap dial-up is a bit easier. We generally get the 1 month / 45 hour CS-LoxInfo card from one of the IT shops. It has local dialup numbers for most areas & doesn't seem to increase the phone bill too much. The card come in a range of prices: 100 / 300 / 500b. It is slower than you're probably use to, but we can't have everything out here...

• 4 weeks later...
Free WiFi would probably only be available in the 'big' hotel chains in the cities (maybe Starbucks also?). Cheap dial-up is a bit easier. We generally get the 1 month / 45 hour CS-LoxInfo card from one of the IT shops. It has local dialup numbers for most areas & doesn't seem to increase the phone bill too much. The card come in a range of prices: 100 / 300 / 500b. It is slower than you're probably use to, but we can't have everything out here...

Well you're not going to find any of that in Chaiyaphum unless you're near my house...I gave up after a week of searching and ordered DSL and a wireless router.