Does AirAsia weigh your cabin luggage in DMK at the entrance?

chado

Never seen this happen, but I wish they would enforce the 7 kg limit on obviously overweight carry on. One or a few KG over isn't an issue but some like to carry all their worldly possessions as carry on baggage.

Or am I just being overly sensitive that I can't fit my legulation carry on in the overhead compartment ?

10 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Never seen this happen, but I wish they would enforce the 7 kg limit on obviously overweight carry on. One or a few KG over isn't an issue but some like to carry all their worldly possessions as carry on baggage.

Or am I just being overly sensitive that I can't fit my legulation carry on in the overhead compartment ?

People do it because it saves on the cost of hold luggage.

I guess the only way it will change is if someone gets seriously injured by a falling backpack, and sues the airline for megabucks. Not likely to happen in Asia, but.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

People do it because it saves on the cost of hold luggage.

I guess the only way it will change is if someone gets seriously injured by a falling backpack, and sues the airline for megabucks. Not likely to happen in Asia, but.

Yes, I agree. But funny they don't insist on having the overweight stuff carried in checked baggage & reap the rewards ?

Just now, malt25 said:

Yes, I agree. But funny they don't insist on having the overweight stuff carried in checked baggage & reap the rewards ?

Airlines operate on tight scheduling. Every minute a plane is on the ground is a minute it's not earning money.

Probably the bean counters have weighed up the extra cash benefit against the checkin delays enforcement would create, and decided to do nothing.

30 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you can't fit it in then its not regulation size ?

I can't fit it in because of all the oversize & multiple carry on of others. Mine always regulation size. 

On 8/29/2018 at 7:26 PM, gaff said:

Just hide your bag during checkin...

Little chance that they see it later, they are mostly Thai and wouldn't see a giant pink elephant on the sidewalk.

of course.

the thing is, *after* registration there might be places where they can pull you off and weigh you luggage

On 8/29/2018 at 8:54 PM, NonthaburiBear said:

depends on the situation, i usualy carry front Backpack, Backpack and my Holdal bag to the cabin.. they ask what it is ?! and i say blanket ? . just stay cool and if the staff are female..say she have beautiful smile and carry on

It's people like you that take advantage then - well done...

3 bags of carry on, seriously.....

Are you African?

21 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Are you African?

Half Farungs..seriously no joke mate. i bring 3 bags, 2 backpacks and 1 holiday bag. ++ extra baggage that i pay around 30kg. tbh my  baggage 35kg, and the checkin counter say..i  can pay for 30kg only

just calm down and carry on

21 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Are you African?

Pity they didn't put him in the hold with all the other baggage.

13 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

Half Farungs..seriously no joke mate. i bring 3 bags, 2 backpacks and 1 holiday bag. ++ extra baggage that i pay around 30kg.

just calm down and carry on

all carry on?

On 8/29/2018 at 7:26 PM, gaff said:

Just hide your bag during checkin...

Little chance that they see it later, they are mostly Thai and wouldn't see a giant pink elephant on the sidewalk.

Wrong.

Air Asia are getting more professional (at last) in their boarding procedures and strictly enforce the zonal boarding system.

There are many signs about the weight, plus the bag frame, at departures - the only issue is the Thai aversion to confrontation so unless you are blatantly flouting the rule you are unlikely to be challenged................. they will get there eventually.

6 hours ago, JaiLai said:

all carry on?

yes of course, i pay my overweight 30kg  goes to baggage and the rest back pack and bag goes to cabin luggage.

As long you can negotiate and polite they will help you. I  lost my book on my flight to Thailand and when i'm back 3 weeks later, put a claim at DM CS ..i meet this 2 gorgeous Thai girl CS who help me and get my book not later than 30 minutes. Its Richard Branson books on my ThaiLi@n flight to Bangkok. Best of luck!

18 minutes ago, NonthaburiBear said:

as long you're sweet talker you can get through? . If you're nervous they will hold you tough

You my friend, are a curse to the civilized traveler. Carry on means just that, carry on for what you might require during the flight. Medication, music, a book & such like. Not your 2 or 3 back packs & your man bag. I guess you think if you can sweet talk a 14 or 15 year old girl into having sex with you it's ok. I reiterate on my above comment... you belong in the hold with all the other baggage.

Archived