Good news for Taco Bell fans in Bangkok

watcharacters

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

According to what I found while looking up a taco recipe, the chain is coming to Bangkok

Thank you for posting this. more choice is always a good thing IMO 

I enjoy Taco Bell once in a while but unfortunately I don't enjoy Bangkok. and though Taco Bell might be coming to BK ,I certainly will not be .

Been there done that , now nothing for me in BK other than a connecting flight to Khon Kaen.  So please cancel my reservation :tongue:  but if you ever come to Khon Kaen, a bag of chicken Chalupas would be highly appreciated and much enjoyed.

And here's the Khaosod English article that Watcharacters OP post includes....

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/28/taco-bell-to-bring-beefy-cheesy-eats-to-bangkok/

FWIW, I'd prefer Del Taco, but I'll settle for a Taco bell.

Compared to beef hamburgers, I'd guess there's less the locals can screw up with beans, rice, cheese and tortillas compared to beef burgers. But time will tell.

I can't wait for my 7-layer larb burrito!!!   :partytime2:

BTW, the super-rich Mahagitsiri family behind this has been gradually amassing a portfolio of various U.S. F&B franchises for Thailand:

--Pizza Hut

--Krispy Kreme

--Cinnabon

--Jamba Juice

--IHOP

and now soon Taco Bell.

The adult children in the family had stints at university in the U.S., so perhaps became acquainted with the U.S. fast food brands while there.

1 hour ago, chicowoodduck said:

Another fast food joint is NOT good news at any point in time.....one only has to look at what it did in the Philippines......fat kids, fat ladies, etc., etc.....??

Hey, I like fat chicks!

I suspect most folks reading here don't focus on the nutrition/health elements of their eating out choices.

But for those who do, here's the nutrition info website for Taco Bell U.S.

https://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/info

Examples:

7 Layer Burrito - 440 cals, 30% of daily sat fat, 42% (1000mg) of daily sodium

Reg bean burrito - 380 cals, 20% of daily sat fat, 44% (1060mb) of daily sodium

Beef burrito supreme - 400 cals, 30% of daily sat fat, 48% (1140mg) of daily sodium

And when considering the above info, ask yourself, who ever goes to Taco Bell and eats only ONE burrito???  More like 2 or 3 typically. So you can double or triple the values listed above for a typical meal there.

FWIW, I was doing some reading lately on the nutrition info for various popular U.S. restaurant menu choices. And I was amazed at the huge amounts of salt and sat fat that are listed for most of the popular restaurant entree items. I mean chain sit-down restaurants, not just fast good places. A lot of them make the Taco Bell values above look modest by comparison.

It was scary!

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I suspect most folks reading here don't focus on the nutrition/health elements of their eating out choices.

But for those who do, here's the nutrition info website for Taco Bell U.S.

https://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/info

Examples:

7 Layer Burrito - 440 cals, 30% of daily sat fat, 42% (1000mg) of daily sodium

Reg bean burrito - 380 cals, 20% of daily sat fat, 44% (1060mb) of daily sodium

Beef burrito supreme - 400 cals, 30% of daily sat fat, 48% (1140mg) of daily sodium

And when considering the above info, ask yourself, who ever goes to Taco Bell and eats only ONE burrito???  More like 2 or 3 typically. So you can double or triple the values listed above for a typical meal there.

FWIW, I was doing some reading lately on the nutrition info for various popular U.S. restaurant menu choices. And I was amazed at the huge amounts of salt and sat fat that are listed for most of the popular restaurant entree items. I mean chain sit-down restaurants, not just fast good places. A lot of them make the Taco Bell values above look modest by comparison.

It was scary!

Well guy,  please PM me immediately if anyone tries to FORCE you to even visit the BKK Taco Bell.

As I said in my OP regardless of the inevitable  detractors, there is simply a new option for those who want it.

You clearly do not want a Taco Bell option and that's your right.

Enjoy your dining options.

7 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Well guy,  please PM me immediately if anyone tries to FORCE you to even visit the BKK Taco Bell.

As I said in my OP regardless of the inevitable  detractors, there is simply a new option for those who want it.

You clearly do not want a Taco Bell option and that's your right.

Enjoy your dining options.

Actually, you've got it entirely wrong. I'm glad TB is coming to BKK, and have been known to eat their food at times in the past -- but very rarely. Del Taco is much more my favorite.

I was just responding to the other post above that referred to Taco Bell as being the healthiest U.S. fast food outlet. That may be true in relative terms, but it's really anything but healthy....as the info I posted above demonstrates.

But that doesn't mean it can't be an occasional guilty pleasure.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Actually, you've got it entirely wrong. I'm glad TB is coming to BKK, and have been known to eat their food at times in the past -- but very rarely. Del Taco is much more my favorite.

I was just responding to the other post above that referred to Taco Bell as being the healthiest U.S. fast food outlet. That may be true in relative terms, but it's really anything but healthy....as the info I posted above demonstrates.

I get tired of people always complaining about fastfood and unhealthy...why do they never mention the bakeries or deepfry shops on the local markets? 

And believe it or not, there are people who burn loads of energy every day by working/sporting hard. They won't get fat from fastfood.

Then we have the nitrates which are in the burgers/saucages/bacon that are so unhealthy....Well isn't it possible to make a burger without nitrates? Just minced meat with some spices?

If not i will order a meatball sandwich next time.

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Del Taco is the Bomb. The ones in Kalifornia and Nevada at least, in AZ they are sort of mediocre.

But for Ganzha afficianados, where Taco Bell goeth, so goeth legalization.

In N Out. Say no more.

7 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

I remember there used to be a Taco Bell in Siam Square around 1998.  It wasn't too popular though because Thais didn't know what tacos were, and all fast food was relatively expensive at that time.

Not that I recall

On 8/30/2018 at 10:39 AM, Nyezhov said:
On 8/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, YT3k72Em said:

I remember there used to be a Taco Bell in Siam Square around 1998.  It wasn't too popular though because Thais didn't know what tacos were, and all fast food was relatively expensive at that time.

Not that I recall

Oh, apparently it was a TacoTime.  It wasn't good.

• 2 weeks later...

I literally landed 3 hours ago back in the states (from Thailand) and went straight to Taco Bell. This will be a nice change assuming they can get the "meat product" right. Funny, I never eat at McDonald's in the states, only when in Thailand. Maybe I can curb my TB habbit that way too.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:07 PM, Nyezhov said:

Del Taco is the Bomb. The ones in Kalifornia and Nevada at least, in AZ they are sort of mediocre.

But for Ganzha afficianados, where Taco Bell goeth, so goeth legalization.

In N Out. Say no more.

Yup.  I did my last 2 years of high school in Riverside, Ca.  There may have been Taco Bell, I don't recall, it was Del Taco all day every day up there.    If we had small money, could only afford the Red or Green burritos.  If we were flush, it was the Combo.  Hell yeah!  LOL! 

image.png.737e79adfa3c7cfa6c69c8c9279673a5.png

5 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Yup.  I did my last 2 years of high school in Riverside, Ca.  There may have been Taco Bell, I don't recall, it was Del Taco all day every day up there.    If we had small money, could only afford the Red or Green burritos.  If we were flush, it was the Combo.  Hell yeah!  LOL! 

Look at that pic! Food of the Gods! Manna from Heaven! If I was home right now I would fire one up and chow down!

48 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor durum doner kebabi hope we also can eat this soon in BKK , Durum Doner Kebab.

Archived