Good news for Taco Bell fans in Bangkok

watcharacters

Many of the Thai takes on Western fast food have been surprising good. I haven't tried Thailand Taco Bell yet. 

Although Stateside Taco Bell isn't too bad, it will do for satisfying the munchies, I really can't understand anyone praising it or worrying that Thailand will screw it up.

You think Taco Bell's newest location is crazy? Burger King put a store in a Caltex gas stop, off Ratchadapisek, in Prachachuen! Talk about the middle of nowhere!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, Curt1591 said:

Many of the Thai takes on Western fast food have been surprising good. I haven't tried Thailand Taco Bell yet. 

Don't get your hopes up if you've got your heart set on beef and refried beans. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:36 AM, Curt1591 said:

Although Stateside Taco Bell isn't too bad, it will do for satisfying the munchies, I really can't understand anyone praising it or worrying that Thailand will screw it up.

You think Taco Bell's newest location is crazy? Burger King put a store in a Caltex gas stop, off Ratchadapisek, in Prachachuen! Talk about the middle of nowhere!

The new location is not crazy but I think it shows they want to develop in the future their home brewed Thailand Taco Bell formula/restaurants away from from the farangs/Thais who have complained relentlessly on TripAdvisor  Facebook and social media about them straying far away from the original Taco Bell menu/formula........The vast majority of Thais have never had a Taco so would not know the difference.....

I still dont get why they absolutely 100% 1000% refuse to sell even one product with beans..... 

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

I still dont get why they absolutely 100% 1000% refuse to sell even one product with beans..... 

Although I haven't met them all, I have yet to meet a Thai who likes beans, other than stink beans. 

My wife, who loves Mexican food, prefers to do without them. 

4 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Although I haven't met them all, I have yet to meet a Thai who likes beans, other than stink beans. 

My wife, who loves Mexican food, prefers to do without them. 

there's a sweet/khanom made from local dried red pintos that I've seen down the market that appears to be popular...never tried none meself...

10 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

there's a sweet/khanom made from local dried red pintos that I've seen down the market that appears to be popular...never tried none meself...

Red bean is popular. But, the "bean" always seems to simply be a matrix for all the added sweetener.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We passed the Mercury Ville Taco Bell at lunchtime on a weekday last week and on entering the shopping centre there were four guests all seated at one table.  We left Mercury Ville ten minutes later and the place was completely deserted.

Had it been busy and hence more inviting then we would have had lunch there but the sheer lack of customers told its own story.  

5 hours ago, torturedsole said:

We passed the Mercury Ville Taco Bell at lunchtime on a weekday last week and on entering the shopping centre there were four guests all seated at one table.  We left Mercury Ville ten minutes later and the place was completely deserted.

Had it been busy and hence more inviting then we would have had lunch there but the sheer lack of customers told its own story.  

Interesting. This location had lines out the door for months recently when it first opened.

Archived