BANGKOK 21 February 2019 05:29
watcharacters

Good news for Taco Bell fans in Bangkok

18 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

frijoles are hard to make from scratch and time consuming...maybe the TB parent company has got a 'frijoles mixture' that they can ship out from the US, just add water, etc...sorta like falafel mix...

when I was working in the ME there was always canned frijoles available in the supermarkets and when I'd come home to Thailand on leave I bring a few cans in my luggage...substitute fresh arabic bread for flour tortillas and bob's yer uncle...whip up some sauce in the blender from toms, onions, cilantro and fresh chiles, etc...

'ick! uncle tutsi what is that mess???' 'itsa bean burrito, very famous in falangland, have some...' and then the thai niece pretends to barf...

Refried bean cooked in your kitchen is time consuming.....But beans cooked on a large scale is no big deal with jumbo pressure cookers......Beans keep for a long time in the fridge..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Refried bean cooked in your kitchen is time consuming.....But beans cooked on a large scale is no big deal with jumbo pressure cookers......Beans keep for a long time in the fridge..

I make a healthier, simplified version of frijoles at home using just a regular rice cooker and then an electric food processor/blender (though a hand masher could handle the latter part in a pinch if need be).

I don't use lard or oil in mine. Just cook the pintos in the rice cooker, boiling them, with the lid partially removed to prevent boiling over, until tender.  Then rinse and drain, pop into the food processor, add a jar of El Sapo salsa for flavoring, and blend. Place the blended product into smaller-size food boxes to store in freezer until needed. Done!

• Like 1

No Chain restaurant opening in Thailand has ever had as much good will that Taco Bell had behind them....Their success was almost guaranteed 100%....

But now it looks like they are doomed to failure..... They will say Thailand does not like Mexican food.....Sorry dip shits Thailand loves Mexican food with BEANS AND BEEF.......

True. I had a few drinks at Margherita storm lower Sukhumvit with the Gf.
Ordered some beef taco's and she in typical thai style refused to even look at them let alone try one

After some gentle persuasion she took a teeny little bite.

It's now her favorite eat out food.

• Like 1