Good news for Taco Bell fans in Bangkok

On 4/18/2019 at 12:55 AM, atyclb said:

have you heard about the new entertainment venue franchise opportunity

"cellulite au gogo",  oh wait, it seems every one has become cellulite au gogo

I ordered a but light not cellulite!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:01 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, I saw a FB post from Taco Thailand the other day saying that this past week they were adding what they call their "cheesy beef burrito" to the menu at their Mercuryville location.

It "sounds" like something I ought to like. But given how miserable and tasteless their "beef" was in the several entrees I already tried at Mercuryville, those being a regular burrito, crunchwrap supreme and California bowl, I'm almost scared to order the cheesy beef burrito.... :sad:

I was in the neighborhood of Taco Thailand at Mercuryville today, and somewhat reluctantly, I stopped by to order and try one of their newish 139b "Beefy Cheesy Burritos." Much as I had feared, it would have been better if I had skipped it altogether.

Instead of their name, I'd call it instead a "Ricey, Starchy, Cheesy Burrito," with not surprisingly, nothing inside that remotely tastes like beef or has any mouth feel consistency of ground beef. Instead, it comes off tasting as a very rice heavy burrito with a bit of melted cheese inside, and not much else AFAICT. I know there's some meat in there, but my mouth and taste buds sure can't tell it's there.

842173873_TacoBellBeefyCheesyBurrito1.jpg.c9a3e8a7eaa22bf9b20fb6d9b457fe79.jpg

798834208_TacoBellBeefyCheesyBurrito2.jpg.b4447bb8fd0c66d43dcd90c4623d44f4.jpg

I did, on the same visit, order another round of their Kickin' Chicken tacos (158b for a pair), and on the flip side, found them to be pretty good for my second order of them. Soft flour tortilla, fried KFC-like chicken strip for meat with a spicy coating, shredded lettuce and finely diced tomato, along with some sauce. Tastes fresh and the cool/cold veggies nicely offset the warm/spicy chicken strip.

My verdict for Taco Thailand remains the same now based on having tried multiple of their different entrees -- avoid the beef.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I had TB here in the states last night after a savage smoke seeion with a lithe hotty and as usual, it was up to its usual damn-im-wasted-and-this-cheesy-beef-burrito-is-just-sliminglynomnom standards.

I have been roaming around the Triad NC area and the Mexican/Central American Food trucks here are astonishing. I had some Arepas the other day that literally blew my mind. 

The Mexican/Honduran/South Am food in the states is better than in its nation of origin.

Now the Thai food mind you...who puts sweet bell pepper in Pad Krapow Moo and charges you 300 baht for it?

For Mexican Margarita Storm down in farangland is the way to go. Good for people watching too.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was in the neighborhood of Taco Thailand at Mercuryville today, and somewhat reluctantly, I stopped by to order and try one of their newish 139b "Beefy Cheesy Burritos." Much as I had feared, it would have been better if I had skipped it altogether.

Instead of their name, I'd call it instead a "Ricey, Starchy, Cheesy Burrito," with not surprisingly, nothing inside that remotely tastes like beef or has any mouth feel consistency of ground beef. Instead, it comes off tasting as a very rice heavy burrito with a bit of melted cheese inside, and not much else AFAICT. I know there's some meat in there, but my mouth and taste buds sure can't tell it's there.

842173873_TacoBellBeefyCheesyBurrito1.jpg.c9a3e8a7eaa22bf9b20fb6d9b457fe79.jpg

798834208_TacoBellBeefyCheesyBurrito2.jpg.b4447bb8fd0c66d43dcd90c4623d44f4.jpg

I did, on the same visit, order another round of their Kickin' Chicken tacos (158b for a pair), and on the flip side, found them to be pretty good for my second order of them. Soft flour tortilla, fried KFC-like chicken strip for meat with a spicy coating, shredded lettuce and finely diced tomato, along with some sauce. Tastes fresh and the cool/cold veggies nicely offset the warm/spicy chicken strip.

My verdict for Taco Thailand remains the same now based on having tried multiple of their different entrees -- avoid the beef.

Taco Bell's Beefy Cheesy Burrito is one of the new items on their $1 Cravings value menu test. The burrito features premium "Latin rice," seasoned ground beef, and nacho cheese.

The single Beefy Cheesy Burrito USA is one dollar or about 30 baht the 

Cheesy Double Beef Burrito was 1.89  or around 60 baht when they still had it.......

So it looks like your almost paying 5X the price for a Beefy Cheesy Burrito in Thailand for less beef than even the one dollar Beefy Cheesy Burrito has in the USA......

The Cheesy Double Beef Burrito Taco Bell USA 1.89  or around 60 Baht

hqdefault.jpg

The Cheesy Double Beef Burrito Taco Bell USA 1.89  or around 60 Baht

Pdp_cheesy_double_beef_burrito.jpg

Edited by fforest1

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Taco Bell's Beefy Cheesy Burrito is one of the new items on their $1 Cravings value menu test. The burrito features premium "Latin rice," seasoned ground beef, and nacho cheese.

Cheesy Double Beef Burrito was 1.89  or around 60 baht when they still had it.......

So it looks like your almost paying 5X the price for a Beefy Cheesy Burrito in Thailand for less beef than even the one dollar Beefy Cheesy Burrito has in the USA......

hqdefault.jpg

ick! that looks like some horrible velveeta type processed cheese on the burritos... always used to have grated natural longhorn cheddar in the old days as a minimum...have the standards in the US sunken to such a level??? if so, no wonder we can't find no decent taco bell in Thailand...(pretends to barf)...

On 4/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

... Tell me if you can spot any beef inside either of these entrees: ...

Old Wendy's commercial:

image.png.52e300485b3437fd1bcefa9cd1f6ac09.png

54 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Old Wendy's commercial:

Quick and dirty.....

Beef.jpg.d2516cd578165dfeed5ce101b03eff31.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

ick! that looks like some horrible velveeta type processed cheese on the burritos... always used to have grated natural longhorn cheddar in the old days as a minimum...have the standards in the US sunken to such a level??? if so, no wonder we can't find no decent taco bell in Thailand...(pretends to barf)...

I have to agree with you - that looks disgusting.  No wonder it is cheap.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fforest1 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Yuk !    that looks like the same orange colored cheese that Mcdonald's use.

disgusting ....     it's an insult to mexican food.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Yuk !    that looks like the same orange colored cheese that Mcdonald's use.

disgusting ....     it's an insult to mexican food.

FWIW, it doesn't look like Taco Thailand is using that kind of nacho cheese sauce in their so-called Beefy, Cheesy Burrito. From the one I had, it appeared be some kind of shredded cheese that's melted, probably the same kind they use in their other items like tacos, etc. However, that little detail still didn't make their burrito any good....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

FWIW, it doesn't look like Taco Thailand is using that kind of nacho cheese sauce in their so-called Beefy, Cheesy Burrito. From the one I had, it appeared be some kind of shredded cheese that's melted, probably the same kind they use in their other items like tacos, etc. However, that little detail still didn't make their burrito any good....

I am surprised they would not use nacho cheese....Man that stuff is cheap and has so many chemicals in it that it never goes bad....But it would have to be imported.....So maybe they found some domestic cheesy crap that was even cheaper?