Fire On Second Road..................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 7th 2007

Fire at Second Road Arcade

On the 6th of February at 4pm an Advertising signboard caught fire at the Central Shopping Arcade opposite Mike Shopping Mall on Pattaya 2nd Road creating a huge traffic jam from the South Pattaya to Central Pattaya intersections.

A witness told that the fire started when a power wire scratched the signboard belonging to the Big Horn Steak House located in Soi Diana Inn. The heavy rain at the time caused a short circuit and fire. The wire tore and fell down onto a public phone booth and motorbikes which also caught fire and the leaking gasoline caused even more havoc.

Pattaya Fire Brigade attempted to rush to the scene but it took so long to get to the fire because of the traffic jam. Eventually they got the blaze under control. Another witness stated that sounds of short circuiting were heard many times but nobody paid any attention and no official department came to resolve this problem until the fire took place.

post-26634-1170856882_thumb.jpg

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 7th 2007

Fire at Second Road Arcade

On the 6th of February at 4pm an Advertising signboard caught fire at the Central Shopping Arcade opposite Mike Shopping Mall on Pattaya 2nd Road creating a huge traffic jam from the South Pattaya to Central Pattaya intersections.

A witness told that the fire started when a power wire scratched the signboard belonging to the Big Horn Steak House located in Soi Diana Inn. The heavy rain at the time caused a short circuit and fire. The wire tore and fell down onto a public phone booth and motorbikes which also caught fire and the leaking gasoline caused even more havoc.

Pattaya Fire Brigade attempted to rush to the scene but it took so long to get to the fire because of the traffic jam. Eventually they got the blaze under control. Another witness stated that sounds of short circuiting were heard many times but nobody paid any attention and no official department came to resolve this problem until the fire took place.

.........Rumour has it that The Big Horn were only serving Well Done Steaks for the rest of the day :o

what really amazes me with fire engines and ambulances is that no one moves out the way for them, i maybe wrong but i am sure it is an offence in the uk not to move over. The number of times you see ambulances (and i am sure the same for fire engines) with their sirens blazing and no-one moves out the way, there could be some one dying in the back, a little bit of education and i am sure a lot more lives would be saved in Thailand each year.

BB

what really amazes me with fire engines and ambulances is that no one moves out the way for them, i maybe wrong but i am sure it is an offence in the uk not to move over. The number of times you see ambulances (and i am sure the same for fire engines) with their sirens blazing and no-one moves out the way, there could be some one dying in the back, a little bit of education and i am sure a lot more lives would be saved in Thailand each year.

BB

My wife was amazed that people pull over for ambulances and fire trucks here in the U.S.

Some sort of public education is badly needed.

Incredible that a nation of 95% Buddhists can be so selfish.

BB

I've travelled up front in PBH ambulance a couple of times and admired the skill of the driver and appreciated that traffic did get out of our way.

BB

In Germany, if you block ambulances or fire engines, you can be sure to lose your driving license. Sometimes it is really a strange behavior here. In addition I notice that ambulance or police sirens are not very loud here, in opposite to local Karaoke bars.

Cross my fingers that I will never be a victim of a serious accident here.... :o

On the 6th of February at 4pm...

...The heavy rain at the time caused a short circuit and fire.

There was a heavy rain Tuesday afternoon???

No rain at all in Jomtien that I was aware of. In fact, that was about the time I walked to the fresh market for some take-home grub.

BB

My wife was amazed that people pull over for ambulances and fire trucks here in the U.S.

Some sort of public education is badly needed.

Incredible that a nation of 95% Buddhists can be so selfish.

Perhaps also some education to abulance and fire truck drivers to only use lights and sirens when neccessary so to avoid "the boy who cried wolf" syndrome ?

:o

Yesterday I sat my theory test for my motorcycle. As I already have a car licence. One of the mcq questions had the answer that it was the law to get out of the way of Emergency vehicles if you can!

This goes to show that anyone who takes their test has to know that this is the law. I believe it is the older drivers who do not shift their asses! If anyone is interested in further info on the Thai driving test they can contact me here

p.s. I passed and am now legal in both cars & m/c :D

and what % of Thai motorbike riders do you think have actually taken the test?

I was surprised but it was real busy at the Pattaya test station,but I agree with you, I have asked many of my Thai friends if they have a licence? The resounding reply is NO!

It sure is nice to know I am legal though. Maybe we should do a poll ,to see how many forum users actually have bothered to take a m/c test knowing that they only have a car licence in their own country?

and what % of Thai motorbike riders do you think have actually taken the test?

I was surprised but it was real busy at the Pattaya test station,but I agree with you, I have asked many of my Thai friends if they have a licence? The resounding reply is NO!

It sure is nice to know I am legal though. Maybe we should do a poll ,to see how many forum users actually have bothered to take a m/c test knowing that they only have a car licence in their own country?

Same goes for cars. Loads of people bought there car and motor cycle licences

Not so easy now, but a few years back this was pretty much standard

practice.

I even know one falang who bought his girl friend a new car, she phoned

my misses up in a panic, to come and show her how to drive it !!!!!!!!!

Talk about the blind leading the blind., With a lot of fancy foot work around her boyfriend , she managed to pull it off with out him sussing it all out.

The guy worked out side of Thailand so she had plenty of time to get the practice in whilst he was away at work.

She had a full car licence but had never driven a car in her life, she got the car one at the same time as the motor cycle one.

Amazing

I never told him.