Do you know this woman? - Chiang Mai police step up hunt for murderer targeting foreign men

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, LatPrao said:

I know someone who was drugged in Bangkok on the taxi ride to his apartment with tainted potato chips, which put him to sleep in his own room.  Awoke finding his credit cards gone, cash gone, phone gone. The thief exited past the security guard and into the night.  Then the thief rang up 20,000 thb charges each card at Tesco.  Maybe a friendly cashier or maybe just the way foreign credit card charges are handled here.    I've noticed that no cashier checks foreign credit cards - neither  the names on the cards or to match signatures between back of card and sales receipt when ringing up a sale.  If the card charge goes through on the terminal and you scrawl something into the signature line of the receipt, sale is complete.  Fait accompli.

If Thailand businesses used pin numbers instead of signatures that they never look at, the statistics for fraudulent CC use here would change, probably quite dramatically.  This always surprises me.  I thought PINs were universal all over the world but here no one except ATM's ever use them.  Are there any other countries that other posters know of that do not use PIN's.   

Makes me wonder:  Is it greed?  "Just get the money", or is it a problem that the banks don't require it. or banks don't provide the P.O.S. PIN  feature on the POS machinery they hand out.

5 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

If Thailand businesses used pin numbers instead of signatures that they never look at, the statistics for fraudulent CC use here would change, probably quite dramatically.  This always surprises me.  I thought PINs were universal all over the world but here no one except ATM's ever use them.  Are there any other countries that other posters know of that do not use PIN's.   

Makes me wonder:  Is it greed?  "Just get the money", or is it a problem that the banks don't require it. or banks don't provide the P.O.S. PIN  feature on the POS machinery they hand out.

USA don't always use pin numbers last time I was there

In Europe we've used them for decades and now they have some additional security thing for online purchases that Thai cards don't have yet so none of my Thai cards worked to book a flight back from London last time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

3 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

USA don't always use pin numbers last time I was there

In Europe we've used them for decades and now they have some additional security thing for online purchases that Thai cards don't have yet so none of my Thai cards worked to book a flight back from London last time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

No.  That is nothing to do with PIN's in ATM cards.

3-D Secure

Not to be confused with card security code.

3-D Secure is an XML-based protocol designed to be an additional security layer for online credit and debit card transactions. 

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

No.  That is nothing to do with PIN's in ATM cards.

3-D Secure

Not to be confused with card security code.

3-D Secure is an XML-based protocol designed to be an additional security layer for online credit and debit card transactions. 

Yes we know that but all cards in Europe have the 3-D secure symbol now as well

Try booking a flight without one or buying someone a gift from amazon with a Thai card and it will not work

Just now, Ks45672 said:

Yes we know that but all cards in Europe have the 3-D secure symbol now as well

Try booking a flight without one or buying someone a gift from amazon with a Thai card and it will not work

I asked if any other countries do NOT use PINs at Point of sale, not about 3D secure.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:17 PM, BritManToo said:

I would have described her as a chubby housewife with short hair.

Who in their right mind would take a woman looking like that back to their room?

I think whilst drunk most of us have done worse.....and choose to forget it, but you cant!

2 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I think whilst drunk most of us have done worse.....and choose to forget it, but you cant!

I have never taken such a woman back to my home for sex in Thailand.

But I did manage to marry one in the UK.

But if I had, I wouldn't have published a book about it (with photos) on Amazon.

14 hours ago, finnishmen said:

i no understand many falang come to thailand meet bar many beauty woman but marry wery ugly woman lot i see, why take ugly woman when thailand have million beauty woman too ? why marry ugly, have mens idiots ? or not have money keep beauty woman 5555. all select poor ugly fat and stupid woman and marry, why not stay europe can marry same ugly shit too and easy.

i had a high school friend that dated overweight ugly girls and i asked him why. he said 2 reasons; # unlikely other guys will try to steal her away # if they leave him he wont care or be sad

22 hours ago, orang37 said:

I know someone who was drugged with soporific-injected cherry Fisherman Friend cough drops surreptitiously inserted ad anum in a massage; he awoke in a stupor in the presidential suite of a Bangkok five-star hotel that he had no memory of checking into surrounded by ten empty magnums of Dom Perignon, and a two-meter by three-meter stuffed elephant plush toy.

His Rolex was gone; his false teeth were missing, but, otherwise he felt great. The room service bill of Baht 125,000 had been paid with his own credit card.

~o:37;

Orang

You know it is dangerous to start a post with :

"I knew someone"

On 8/27/2018 at 4:17 PM, BritManToo said:

I would have described her as a chubby housewife with short hair.

Who in their right mind would take a woman looking like that back to their room?

Difficult to know how his mind was working prior but it sure wasn't "right" after taking her to his room!

On 8/27/2018 at 7:46 AM, trianglechoke said:

Her. ... surely this is a mistake.  I read she was pretty... I'd want paying to hit that

Hey come on you lot, stop being so disingenuous !

If we are very lucky we all get old and if you are not old now and you get there in the future just remember that the 20 something you get off with is more than likely to be thinking “ euk if he was’nt paying me he would ‘nt Have a chance “ she is putting up with you because she knows that she already has one Ahole in her underwear so another one for 10 minutes is ok

Don’t think for one second that she is going with you because you are a “ Hansum man “ she is with you because it is your wallet that is hansom

I'm surprised they haven't catched her yet, normally in cases with lots of media cover the Thai police can act very fast. I suspect she might not be Thai and already left the country.

5 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm surprised they haven't catched her yet, normally in cases with lots of media cover the Thai police can act very fast. I suspect she might not be Thai and already left the country.

Unless she left wearing a disguise, the picture immigration would have taken before she got on the plane should be a perfect match to her appearance on the cctv 

10 hours ago, Ks45672 said:
  10 hours ago, balo said:

I'm surprised they haven't catched her yet, 

The reason is simple they have not been able to “catch “ up with her yet, had they done so they would have “ caught “ her.

However I don’t think ever in the annals of history anyone has ever “ catched “ anything or anyone ! 

Archived