Lolita's on the mekong

sjeng

10 hours ago, malt25 said:

For those not familiar with Lolitas, can you expand on this venue & where in Nakhon Phanom ?

drive into Nakhon Phanom straight down the main street to the river, turn right and about 500 meters on the right is the Lolitas

its always been closed ever since i have been here but go past it often, so will call and try it out

12 hours ago, Joinaman said:

drive into Nakhon Phanom straight down the main street to the river, turn right and about 500 meters on the right is the Lolitas

its always been closed ever since i have been here but go past it often, so will call and try it out

What actually is Lolita’s? A family restaurant?

"Lolita" is the title of a famous novel of a college prof and very young girl who end up in bed together  for many months.  Caused some distress in USA when published as pedophilia was considered 'Un-American', rather like adultery, homosexuality, and all other sexual deviancies, as defined by Christian Americans.

Actually i thought this thread was about some scenic brothel along the famous Mekong River.  I guess i was mistaken, maybe.

We used it on opening maybe 8 years ago and it lasted maybe a year because of the sky high (for here) prices.

Re-opened maybe 2 weeks ago with a new English manager and I hear Leo has been reduced  ? to 90/small bottle. I'm guessing services similar to before and definitely NOT a family pub with beer garden for the kids.

Original directions were OK. Maybe clearer if you turn right at the new water-spouting Payana (various names), pass Immigration and two of the many temples and it's a few yards before the T Junction lights.

Enjoy -- I'm now far too old.

3 hours ago, yosib157 said:

We used it on opening maybe 8 years ago and it lasted maybe a year because of the sky high (for here) prices.

Re-opened maybe 2 weeks ago with a new English manager and I hear Leo has been reduced  ? to 90/small bottle. I'm guessing services similar to before and definitely NOT a family pub with beer garden for the kids.

Original directions were OK. Maybe clearer if you turn right at the new water-spouting Payana (various names), pass Immigration and two of the many temples and it's a few yards before the T Junction lights.

Enjoy -- I'm now far too old.

Too old for what ?  5555

• 5 months later...

its closed and now cleared out

said he didnt want the cheap charlies in there, just wanted the rich business men 

think he found out not many rich business men in Nakon Phanom,  or at least that wanted to pay his prices, which was twice the price of next door

but nice place to have the occasional beers though

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, Joinaman said:

its closed and now cleared out

said he didnt want the cheap charlies in there, just wanted the rich business men 

think he found out not many rich business men in Nakon Phanom,  or at least that wanted to pay his prices, which was twice the price of next door

but nice place to have the occasional beers though

What's next door? 

4 hours ago, Trembly said:

What's next door? 

Mostly Thai restaurants along that road, selling large beers for around 70 Baht a bottle. Lolitas was selling small bottles for 90 baht and thought that was cheap. But was a nice place to go for a couple of beers and chat to the landlord and maybe another farang, always quiet there, but air con and nice bar. The young ladies seemed to sit out of the way so never spoke to any of them. Its closed now, cleared out, not sure what they are going to do with it now

Archived