Compulsory golf caddy

scubascuba3

On 1/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, vogie said:

Yes nice course, most people might not need a driver though as the longest par 4 is just over 200yds, no par 5s. But very friendly course, quiet most times.

Kwan is really a par 3 course, I wouldn't class any holes as par 4s, it's an ok course for practice, 100 baht for each 9. Most holes are short irons. For me it's 4th choice in that area.

Heaven not having a caddy at those 4 courses. Don't forget Pratamak soi 4 par 3 course, great for short game practice but over priced at 370 baht last time i went

Edited by scubascuba3

• 2 months later...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine might not be the correct one, but...

I mostly play golf for fun these days and I tend to enjoy the game more when I have a caddie. My general view is that many players focus too much on the result, despite being unable to break par. If, for any reason, one still wants to focus on the result - find a caddie you're comfortable with, someone who understands your ambitions and your game OR play at military courses where caddies are not compulsory.

I have fun as he** playing with a caddie in Thailand. And considering how some (notice the word 'some') people behave on the course, I think of caddies as more of course marshalls whose role it is to make sure the place is not wrecked.

And I have to add, it DOES help to get the attention of the caddie if you can speak Thai...that's a fact.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 3:34 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Private clubs institute their own policies regardless of so-called “laws”.

I can't play at Krungthep Kreetha Golf Course because they require players to have a full set of clubs! So I was told!

Edited by VocalNeal