After good news comes the bad: 7/11 in hot water after staff seen sweeping trash into the road

webfact

After good news comes the bad: 7/11 in hot water after staff seen sweeping trash into the road

5pm_VID.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The authorities in southern Thailand have hauled 7/11 executives over the coals after two staff at one of their branches were caught on tape sweeping trash from the store and sidewalk into the street.

The footage found its way across social media - one site was TIT (This is Thailand) where foreign posters condemned the Thais and Thais said that contrary to some viewpoints the local people were just as concerned by the footage.

The 7/11 is the one opposite the Naratiwas Ratchanakharin Hospital in Muang district of the southern province.

The local authority called in the executives and fined the CP group for littering and issued warnings.

The area was in a mess after a Muslim holiday on the 23rd of August attracted lots of visitors to the town.

Daily News reported that bins for the litter were just a few meters away.

A 7/11 on Koh Tao was recently praised in a "good news" story for limiting plastic bags.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-28

Here in Chiang Mai the 7\11 at the entrance to out Mu Ban was welcomed when it opened but after a year it was surrounded by cast off plastic bags, coffee cups, straws etc. It makes a disgusting sight as people drive in. Of course the email I wrote to head office was not even knowledged so I no longer buy anything there and will not give up on my fight. They are simply a company that is a blight on the neighborhood.

I have my own patch to clean up and I couldn't care a damn whose looking down on me for it. In fairness, the streetcleaner likes me after she dropped her house keys down a grating into water cos we found a magnet to successfully trawl for them.

A thought here about those businesses that are the worst for kerbside trash and trash collection points. Sushi restaurants. Lots of heavy wet waste in flimsy black bags that invariably rip open for the dogs, cats and vermin. Plus loads of rotting stinky effluent from the foam boxes used to carry expensive fish cuts from Japan. Like Orwell said, hiso dining is remarkably filthy. And the chefs all smoke outside on the sidewalk in front of their wealthy customers. Dogends, abandoned takeouts and tissues everywhere, contributing to the next flood. Customers are also forced to park in restaurant trash, and also walk in it because the sidewalk is blocked by staff motorcycles and piles of trash waiting for collection. But at least the customers are more careful about blocking our entry than they used to be, because our work gives them a clean parking space and sidewalk.

Oh come on! Really? This is news that is worth reporting or even gaining any attention? Are you kidding me... in a country that does not give a fig about where they dump trash? Have they not seen the piles of it dumped in the side of the road... all rifled through by the dogs that they leave abandoned? I have even asked and stopped locals about why they dump their trash there and was actually told that ... it is okay the garbage men will pick it up; 'That is where we are to put it"! What not in-front of their houses or businesses? Who is kidding whom here.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:31 PM, cracker1 said:

I think the person that trained these staff members, perhaps, needs replacement ?

Who thinks they were trained? 

I don't. 

If as you say they were trained, attitude adjustments are now required. 

Oh come on really.

I lived near a particularly popular McDonalds in Sydney, Camperdown-Parramatta Rd,.

Carpark was really swimming in rubbish on particular public holidays/weekends.Knee deep was a slight exageration.

They had industrial scale cleaning people as well. Young'uns are poop + dumb lazy.everywhere.  

On 8/28/2018 at 10:31 PM, cracker1 said:

I think the person that trained these staff members, perhaps, needs replacement ?

No disrespect but, there isn't a Thai within a square kilometer of me, that doesn't sweep out their house/apartment/teepee/yurt...into the sidewalk, street or 5cm out their front door. 

I gave up trying to change the habit of my wife doing the same.  Gave up trying to "gently" recommend to local kids, to their throw trash in a trash can, instead of in front of the house....   Forget it...easier to teach to soi dogs how to read Egyptian hieroglyphs 

Archived