Akara gold mine company acknowledges charges

webfact

Gold mine company acknowledges charges

By The Nation

a926a58d8bfd6d2c1c60e519fb426671.jpeg

File photo

Akara Resources Public Company Ltd has acknowledged three charges levelled against it by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI).

The charges are related to a gold mine the firm had operated in Phichit’s Thab Khlo district and Phetchabun’s Wang Pong district. 

The mine is now closed. 

Cherdsak Utha-aroon, the firm’s general manager, acknowledged the charges at the DSI headquarters yesterday. They include illegitimately acquiring land-rights documents for forestland, of encroaching on a highway and of encroaching on forestland. 

Pichet Thongsrinun, director of DSI Marine and Coastal Resources Centre, is heading the investigation into the company’s alleged wrongdoing. – The Nation

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353178

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-29

This will be interesting.."illegitimately acquiring land-rights documents"....who issued them?

Just can't imagine Akara going down any illegal path for acquiring land documents to use in their operation ..especially in Thailand.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Akara Resources Public Company Ltd has acknowledged three charges levelled against it by the Department of Special Investigation

What would change if Akara didn't acknowledge the charges?

I'm sure DSI would continue its investigation with intent to prosecute.

Archived