Business as usual on Koh Tao - no mafia here just a beautiful island!

webfact

Business as usual on Koh Tao - no mafia here just a beautiful island!

3PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on an INN story on Koh Tao in the wake of claims by a British teen that she was drugged and raped there in June.

INN said that droves of tourists were still arriving on the controversial island.

None that they spoke to were aware of the controversy.

The tourists said they came came to Koh Tao because they heard it was a beautiful place.

INN reported this without naming names or saying how many tourists they spoke to, notes Thaivisa.

INN added that they spoke to a driver who transports tourists on Koh Tao. 

This person said: "There is no mafia or people of influence here.

"I don't know if the (rape) claim is true or not but they should investigate.

"As far as I am concerned I have every confidence in the police here".

The driver was also not named in the report that gave no further details.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-29

Anyone who says they have every confidence in the police is not credible for a start.

And if the arrivals have no knowledge of the controversy it follows why they are still arriving.

No mafia just one big happy family? 

Maybe the ones who have lost their lives on this island said the same thing.

It's like any place you can visit they all have risks just don't put yourself at risk and maybe you will have great memories.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

"Hi Mr. Driver, I am Claus (actually "Santa" Claus) let me know what you want for X-mas and the TAT and your local police will send you the packages."

they spoke to a driver who transports tourists on Koh Tao. 

This person said: "There is no mafia or people of influence here." 

And if he (or any other island resident) were to publicly say to the contrary (that both of these statements are bullshit)?

Potential loss of business, intimidation, maybe disappears, sleeps with the fishes, etc. 

11 hours ago, glenmohr said:

I have a pair of breeding mules for sale.  What puzzles me is that the only inquiries I've had are from back packers planning a holiday on Koh tao Island 

You never know when a mule might successfully breed with a backpacker.  It would make Koh Tao world famous.  Rich veterinarians from all over the world would flock there.

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

You never know when a mule might successfully breed with a backpacker.  It would make Koh Tao world famous.  Rich veterinarians from all over the world would flock there.

Famous mule abandons partner and mates successfully with ignorant Koh Tao tourist, a World first, 

So lets ask a guy who depends on tourists for his income what he thinks ?? He is not going to turn round and say don't come here its dangerous is he <deleted> !! ?

As for him saying he has every faith in the police , I am going to bet his brother or brother in law is one of them !!

There is no mafia, there is no prostitution in Thailand. Shame the idiots contradict themselves daily only yesterday an article saying up to 2million prostitutes in Lieland,

didn't uncle P also say he was going to crackdown on mafia as part of his 'corruption  cleansing' they can not even lie well these days

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Rhys said:

What are the family names then?

Toovichien helped finance sutheps election campaign and coup. Very rich.

Google it its common knowledge in thailand

The Toovichien family chief Woraphan held a press conference on the island to deny his family were involved. And later in Bangkok the Thai police staged a press conference with Woraphan to state categorically DNA results did not fit his son Worat nicknamed ‘Nomsod’ (Fresh Milk)  who left the island shortly after the incident. The latest death will come as another blow to the island  family who depend on tourism for their income.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/koh-tao-headman-offers-one-million-baht-cash-evidence-proves-family-implicated-tourist-murder/

Archived