Preschoolers injured in Chiang Rai crash

webfact

Preschoolers injured in Chiang Rai crash

By The Nation

5b9e62bd8fccc05954fa83a1ab88526e.jpeg

A van taking 25 children to a nursery in Chiang Rai's Wiang Pa Pao district crashed into the rear of a truck, injuring the van driver and 14 children.

The accident on the Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai road in Moo 6 village in Tambon Wiang Ka Long happened at around 7:20am.

5a9b64cfb54470d79d069f25982bbda3.jpeg

The van driver, Kamol Phothi, 59, suffered injuries on his face. A girl on the front passenger seat had her legs stuck in the damaged console and rescuers had to use a tool to free her.

6273e74628302723c5393f778c285403.jpeg

Five of the preschoolers were more seriously injured with two suffering broken arms, one head injury and two others had bruises and cuts.

Everyone was taken to Wiang Pa Pao Hospital and 11 unharmed children were released.

db45d25d1284c02f1c3068eae9678f66.jpeg

Seksan Wongsuwan, 50, the driver of the six-wheel truck, said he was about to change lane to make a U-turn when the van crashed into his rear.

Police have yet to investigate the accident.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353233

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-29

12 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

Im surprised there are not more accidents 

There are!
Keep in mind that in Thailand every day an average of 60 people die in traffic. Only a fraction of these is reported about.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police have yet to investigate the accident.

Yet it manages to get into the press. I'm assuming of course that "yet to investigate" could possibly be different to attending the scene of an accident.

Having said that any police force worth their salt would be investigating immediately. Perhaps the driver of the truck the van ran into hasn't paid them anything to begin investigating.

Ah yes, I realise now, my mistake above - 'police force worth their salt'.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A van taking 25 children to a nursery in Chiang Rai's Wiang Pa Pao district crashed into the rear of a truck, injuring the van driver and 14 children.

25 children in one van? Responsible and sensible people. Wait now. How many seats? How many safety belts? Isn´t there a law that states you must wear a safety belt in a van or a bus as well as in any other viechle?

13 hours ago, Get Real said:

25 children in one van? Responsible and sensible people. Wait now. How many seats? How many safety belts? Isn´t there a law that states you must wear a safety belt in a van or a bus as well as in any other viechle?

Exactly, Take a look at the photo.....Looks like three boards running the length of the bus with a padded cushion fitted.....No seats, no seat belts....that is how they got 25 in there.....it is obvious the children were all catapulted to the front with the worst injuries sustained by the children in the front......How, with all the new regulations did this ever get on the road........Sorry, we all know that answer.......village idiot part time driver......Thankfully nobody died, but the kids will be traumatised.......What punishment will the driver receive.........answers on a postcard please.......:bah:

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yet it manages to get into the press. I'm assuming of course that "yet to investigate" could possibly be different to attending the scene of an accident.

Having said that any police force worth their salt would be investigating immediately. Perhaps the driver of the truck the van ran into hasn't paid them anything to begin investigating.

Ah yes, I realise now, my mistake above - 'police force worth their salt'.

The BIB action of "investigation" probably has something to do with checking the contents of the brown envelop so as to determine how much of fault if any is determined to be either what driver or "Them damn breaks failure again."

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

Whether something is illegal or not has absolutely no relevance in Thailand.

14 hours ago, poohy said:

I think its also fair to say most of the school vans especially more remote areas are driven by some one with the qualifications of the village idiot

Now, now , you are being unkind to the Village idiots, the one in my village, might very well be an idiot but he picks up all the garbage and keeps it clean. 

On 8/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, webfact said:

A van taking 25 children to a nursery

25 preschoolers packed in a van on their way to nursery school! They all had their seat belt on, right?

Child endangerment laws are non-existent in Thailand.

Fine: 500 baht. :post-4641-1156693976:

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yesterday my 4 year old went on his first school trip on a similar van I was very nervous all day

And ...? Do you plan to be very nervous all day for the next years?
Or maybe become used to it ...?
Or maybe to try to change something ...?

Archived