Thai man who bottled female tourist apologizes to society and Koh Phangan - she's gone to Dubai

webfact

Thai man who bottled female tourist apologizes to society and Koh Phangan - she's gone to Dubai

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The pharmacy worker who smashed a bottle over the head of a female Portuguese tourist has apologized.

But he didn't say sorry to the victim. He blamed the tourist and her friend for starting it and said today that anyone who had seen the full story would have come to their own conclusions about their behavior.

And he asked netizens to stop commenting about his parents as that was hurtful.

After the provincial police chief Maj Gen Apichart Bunsrirot ordered some action the local police on Koh Pangan charged Jakkrit Jantasorn, 29 from Chiang Rai and another pharmacy worker Pitiphat Sangkhaha from Pattalung with assault.

Jakkrit smashed the bottle over the tourist's head while Pitiphat held on to her.

No word was made on the penalty indicating that the matter is likely to go to court though that was not reported in the Thai Rath story.

Thai Rath said that Jakkrit told police that three times he requested the tourists to move away from the shop. Finally he threatened to throw water at them.

Jakkrit said one tourist went for his mate and things escalated from there. He admitted he had gone over the top but he had lost his temper and could not control his emotions.

In his statement he said: "I would like to apologize to society and the people of Koh Pangan.

"If you saw what happened from the start you would draw your own conclusions about the behavior of the tourists".

The woman who was bottled left Koh Pangan after the Full Moon Party without making a report to police.

The cops said she boarded a plane in Phuket bound for Dubai.

Earlier it was reported that she did not pay her bill for stitches given to her at a clinic on Koh Pangan.

Jakkrit added that he had been of good character in the five years he has worked at the pharmacy.

He asked posters on social media to save their comments for him and not have a go at his mother and father as this was hurtful.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-29

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute scumbag <deleted>. I am no white knight and believe that a person should be allowed to defend themselves against a man or a woman, however as the altercation was not really beyond the grappling stage, and that bottling somebody who isn't even in a position to defend themselves is a dog act of the highest order.

The fact that he has come out with a shitty apology of sorts to anyone except the victim is moot. Should be jailed and fined HEAVILY. And yes i have seen both videos of this incident before anyone chirps up in this idiot's defence

1 minute ago, ndfdjnd said:

Same old story.  Thais aren't used to confrontational behaviour so when faced with it they have no experience in controlling themselves.

In this instance the tourists probably instigated it.

Oh yeah..sure.

The tourists instigated it whilst the poor Thai -in an unfamiliar situation and not used to violence-cracked under the pressure.

Pure Disneyland.

10 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

Same old story.  Thais aren't used to confrontational behaviour so when faced with it they have no experience in controlling themselves.

In this instance the tourists probably instigated it.

"He admitted he had gone over the top but he had lost his temper and could not control his emotions." Imagine if he had a gun nearby ?!?!

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

He admitted he had gone over the top but he had lost his temper and could not control his emotions.

It sounds that either he belongs in a psych ward or a prison cell...

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

Jakkrit added that he had been of good character in the five years he has worked at the pharmacy.

So what was he before? In prison, gang member, or just some other low life criminal?!

15 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

The tourists instigated it whilst the poor Thai -in an unfamiliar situation and not used to violence-cracked under the pressure.

That is what happened though, if you read the story and understand the Thai brain.  The tourists did behave improperly and the Thai reacted inappropriately y smashing a bottle across her head, probably due to not being used to improper behaviour.

Just now, ndfdjnd said:

That is what happened though, if you read the story and understand the Thai brain.  The tourists did behave improperly and the Thai reacted inappropriately y smashing a bottle across her head, probably due to not being used to improper behaviour.

Sure.

It is essential that everyone stepping foot in the country understands the male Thai brain.

It is truly unique.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He admitted he had gone over the top but he had lost his temper and could not control his emotions.

Wow! And what are the chances he claims to be Buddhist.

I’m an atheist and I hold myself to much higher standards than, “I couldn’t control my emotions”. Scary stuff. 

The girl has sneaked off to Dubai leaving unpaid bills in Thailand. Wonder what she`s doing there? Wonder what she was doing in Thailand?

I believe the guy, every word of it. Those girls were trouble makers, out for trouble and they found it. Good riddance.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He asked posters on social media to save their comments for him and not have a go at his mother and father as this was hurtful.

Tough.

You lost all rights to request any consideration when you assaulted this woman.

Cowardly, whining, scum.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

How many times have we heard this before from some local maniac in the wake of their crime?

For people who supposedly frown on public displays of emotion or aggression and place a high value on face, a goodly portion of the locals seem to have quite the problem controlling themselves and keeping their jai yen yen intact.

Archived