Thai man who bottled female tourist apologizes to society and Koh Phangan - she's gone to Dubai

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the <deleted> is it that leads these morons to apologise to society? It has little to do with society; everything to do with whomever was on the receiving end of their moronic behaviour.

And he needs to remember that the next time, he will likely misjudge his potential victim and find himself on the wrong end of the violence.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:15 AM, The manic said:

The crazy <deleted> who started it should be apologizing 

I'm the least bashy of the projecting-to-the-thais stuck up old baby boomer loser crowd here, but even I'd point out that bottling someone who poses no threat to you because 1) they're a girl and 2) they're drunk is abit much

This behaviour is what makes Thailand a destination to be avoided, so upsetting someone that's a local is putting yourself at risk  ............ sadly, it's pretty common for tempers to flare over minor incidents or misunderstandings. Any dispute with a local will attract a crowd, which eventually ends up with the mob attacking you. It's definitely "one sided' & it's the "mindset" here that's the problem ......... any argument with a local will always end with you in trouble. Don't think for one moment you will be treated fairly ............ just walk away & do not retaliate. It's the worst situation you can place yourself in here ........ I love the place don't get me wrong, but I wish that "farangs" were treated better ............ here's wishing eh?

3 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

This behaviour is what makes Thailand a destination to be avoided, so upsetting someone that's a local is putting yourself at risk  ............ sadly, it's pretty common for tempers to flare over minor incidents or misunderstandings. Any dispute with a local will attract a crowd, which eventually ends up with the mob attacking you. It's definitely "one sided' & it's the "mindset" here that's the problem ......... any argument with a local will always end with you in trouble. Don't think for one moment you will be treated fairly ............ just walk away & do not retaliate. It's the worst situation you can place yourself in here ........ I love the place don't get me wrong, but I wish that "farangs" were treated better ............ here's wishing eh?

I disagree, given how much flak this guy is getting in thai media. literally no one is supporting him.

3 minutes ago, sadhukar said:

I disagree, given how much flak this guy is getting in thai media. literally no one is supporting him.

The damage is done & he'll not have to pay for what he's done ......... probably a few "wai's", slap on the risk .......... all is forgiven & forgotten ......... life goes on. This how it works I'm afraid.

Full Moon Parties , drunk young girls who can't behave .

The problem here is that Thais can't control themselves , they are not used to this. If they were making noise and bad behavior he should have called the police . But the local cops are not interested. Then he lose his temper. Accidents waiting to happen . 

I gave the finger to a Thai once and was almost killed. 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

Full Moon Parties , drunk young girls who can't behave .

The problem here is that Thais can't control themselves , they are not used to this. If they were making noise and bad behavior he should have called the police . But the local cops are not interested. Then he lose his temper. Accidents waiting to happen . 

They were sitting outside a shops doors eating take-away pad Thai on the floor , the guy asked them to move and they refused and were abusive , they them moved ten inches and sat on the road, still causation a blockage , the owner asked them a few times to move and they were refusing giving hand gestures and being abusive , sat on the floor eating their pad Thai .

One of the woman then got up and slapped the owner around the face and began hitting him and the other woman joined in the attack .

Th woman caused this incident by being insolent, rude and violent 

47 minutes ago, sanemax said:

One of the woman then got up and slapped the owner around the face and began hitting him and the other woman joined in the attack .

Exactly that whats drugs do to you .  As I said accidents waiting to happen . A Thai just can't tolerate that kind of behavior.  

In the western world the police would have been there and sorted it out . 

27 minutes ago, Slip said:

The video shows clearly that the drunk girls wouldn't move and didn't care less about the shop owner. 

So they tried to throw water at them first , but that didn't help .  Then the girls started to get violent and  attacks the owner, Which finally led to the bottle episode. 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

The video shows clearly that the drunk girls wouldn't move and didn't care less about the shop owner. 

So they tried to throw water at them first , but that didn't help .  Then the girls started to get violent and  attacks the owner, Which finally led to the bottle episode. 

Also of note was around the minute mark where the guy marches right through the middle of them.  We all know how that goes down in Thai culture.  I don't think anyone comes out of it looking good at all. I do understand the shop owner's position- they are on a walking street and people who sit effectively block his shop completely, and the assistant seems civil enough to start with, and the girls are really aggressive, but to escalate to a bottling was too far.   The other thing that I thought noteworthy is the obvious shock from the owner at his assistant's actions.

6 hours ago, balo said:

Last week I warned a farang about helmet control pointing to my head and he turned around and was about to slap me for showing him the bird (no, i am not kidding it really happened).

I guess stuff is missed in translation and adds to unnecessary aggression.

The tourists got what they deserved. They started the whole thing. You white knights need to chill. And its not like it was a huge guy vs some tiny girl. You cant play the girl card if the girls are the ones who are being overly aggressive. Girls were high on drugs/drunk. 

9 minutes ago, alexpoker said:

The tourists got what they deserved. They started the whole thing. You white knights need to chill. And its not like it was a huge guy vs some tiny girl. You cant play the girl card if the girls are the ones who are being overly aggressive. Girls were high on drugs/drunk. 

I hope you are not condoning smashing a bottle over someone's head as a reasonable resolution to a disagreement. 

There is another video doing the rounds on Thai forums which shows the Thai guy asking the 'group' (a Guy and two girls) to move. The guy gets up and moves away, the girls seems to argue... BUT, they are simply sat in the street (close to the front of the pharmacy), one of the girls moves forward half a meter and continues to sit in the street (footpath).

The girls escalated which was not very smart. But, the guys running the pharmacy do not own the street. They (the guys from the Pharmacy) also ignored a group of 4 tourists who were stood talking in front of the pharmacy. 

It could be that the manner in which the girls were asked/told to move on initiated the argument. 

Neither side were shining examples of their country of culture.... the girls argued in response, responded and pushed the issue too far, but we can't see what was said to them. But, whatever was said to them p£ssed them off. 

In the escalation, the 'pharmacy guy' bottled a girl over the head...  The girl didn't deserve that... no one would deserve that...

To think someone deserves getting a bottle smashed over their head suggests a level of imbalance. 

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

They were sitting outside a shops doors eating take-away pad Thai on the floor , the guy asked them to move and they refused and were abusive , they them moved ten inches and sat on the road, still causation a blockage , the owner asked them a few times to move and they were refusing giving hand gestures and being abusive , sat on the floor eating their pad Thai .

Th woman caused this incident by being insolent, rude and violent 

So don't eat food in a public street in Thailand as thais find it extremely offensive and you will probably get glassed.  Should be signs  posted warning tourists that eating in public isn't acceptable and this may have been avoided.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

So don't eat food in a public street in Thailand as thais find it extremely offensive and you will probably get glassed.  Should be signs  posted warning tourists that eating in public isn't acceptable and this may have been avoided.

I don't find it offensive

8 hours ago, alexpoker said:

In what basis do you make that claim? Got some evidence or inside knowledge to show?

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

the guys running the pharmacy do not own the street.

IMHO, therein lays the root of the problem. Sure the girls should not have inflamed the situation by their reaction but IT IS NOT a "bottling" response!

If the guy had done that to another Thai male or group of them he could have gotten beaten up or shot!

Hold on Thailand is famous for its street food....but now its offensive to Thais...so maybe thats why the "democratic soldier" wants the street vendors gone ?
makes sense now.....not.

What you see is the black shirt tell lady when she is by herself to leave the front of store so people can enter store. I do not think I saw any one enter the store the whole time. There was a group of 4 people also on the front of the store taking much more room than the girl when she was by herself, but the coward never confronted them because there were 4 of them. He was like all young Thai men-bullies. I have live here a long time and the worst thing in Thailand is the young men. I have seen them beat down Thai ladies too many times. Next he must have called his blue shirt friend to come and walk through the girl and her two friends who were off to the side and on the street. Then when the blonde girl confronted the blue shirt man he cowered at the door like a fish running away from a cat. It is disgusting the way these Thai men acted and yes as some one posted before, if black shirt had a gun he would have shot her. It is loooooong over due that the Police, Justice and Government system hand down heavy fines with jail time. This bull crap of 500-1000BHT and a sorry is crap. Too much violence from young Thai men and they know they can get away with it until the Police/Justice? and Government implement strong penalties for these kind of violent acts

14 hours ago, johng said:

Hold on Thailand is famous for its street food....but now its offensive to Thais...so maybe thats why the "democratic soldier" wants the street vendors gone ?
makes sense now.....not.

Street food does not mean vicious drunks sitting in the road.

7 minutes ago, tootall said:

What you see is the black shirt tell lady when she is by herself to leave the front of store so people can enter store. I do not think I saw any one enter the store the whole time. There was a group of 4 people also on the front of the store taking much more room than the girl when she was by herself, but the coward never confronted them because there were 4 of them. He was like all young Thai men-bullies. I have live here a long time and the worst thing in Thailand is the young men. I have seen them beat down Thai ladies too many times. Next he must have called his blue shirt friend to come and walk through the girl and her two friends who were off to the side and on the street. Then when the blonde girl confronted the blue shirt man he cowered at the door like a fish running away from a cat. It is disgusting the way these Thai men acted and yes as some one posted before, if black shirt had a gun he would have shot her. It is loooooong over due that the Police, Justice and Government system hand down heavy fines with jail time. This bull crap of 500-1000BHT and a sorry is crap. Too much violence from young Thai men and they know they can get away with it until the Police/Justice? and Government implement strong penalties for these kind of violent acts

Well, let's hope they identify the drunk attacker and bar her from Thailand. No matter how shocking the bottling was it shocked her out of violent red missed and stopped barrage of aggression.  Women who fight like men should expect to be treated like men. It's equality.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:49 AM, Slip said:

Also of note was around the minute mark where the guy marches right through the middle of them.  We all know how that goes down in Thai culture.  I don't think anyone comes out of it looking good at all. I do understand the shop owner's position- they are on a walking street and people who sit effectively block his shop completely, and the assistant seems civil enough to start with, and the girls are really aggressive, but to escalate to a bottling was too far.   The other thing that I thought noteworthy is the obvious shock from the owner at his assistant's actions.

Many people asked the girls to stop their attack.  They  wouldn't. The bottling stopped the aggressor and shocked her into stopping her assault. He had little or no choice except to have his eyes scratched out and accept a beating.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:18 AM, lubfishin said:

You are a direct result of your parents and your environment. Your bad behavior reflects on your parents so everyone has a right to not just call you out but your whole family who was responsible for raising you. You have to learn this bad behavior from someone. You learn right from wrong from your parents correct? But I see the same s*** in every country and it's only getting worse. I believe it has to do with the change in society where spanking a kid is no longer acceptable. I got my ass beat so many times by my parents. I got my ass beat so many times by my principal. My Generation does not do this crap. It is these millennial New Breed people who don't understand consequences for their choices and decisions. They don't understand negative reinforcement. Rant over.

I am a bit confused by your post.

So are you saying that copping a beating is good for you? And this girl was never slapped as a child so doesnt know how to behave. So the the Thai chemist sorted her out because her parents never did?

Archived