Death of German tourist in Phi Phi reaches top level of Thai police

webfact

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Could just have been an accident,but who knows.

RIP German guy.

regards Worgeordie

The guy might have been somebody important ,staying at the Erawan hotel on Wireless road.Visiting PMs and presidents normally stay there.7,000 baht and up a night there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

It is easy to ascertain whether he sustained the injuries by falling or he was attacked etc...He could have been placed there,pushed there ..etc etc German autopsy would easily explain ?RIP

An autopsy can:

Ascertain the cause of the multiple cuts eg.body hitting rocks or knife wounds etc.

Drowning or death before falling in to the water.

An autopsy cannot usually differentiate between falling or being pushed with absolute certainty.

Footprints or multiple footprints around area of likely fall and motive are probably more helpful.

9 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Now they all come here to die, one way or the other. R.I.P.

Most expats that come to thailand are coffin dodgers in any case.

Sadly when they get here they realise their best days are long gone and revert to what comes naturally.

Griping, sneering and bleating.

Not all mind you

7 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

The guy might have been somebody important ,staying at the Erawan hotel on Wireless road.Visiting PMs and presidents normally stay there.7,000 baht and up a night there.

The article is about P.P. Erawan Palms Resort on Koh Phiphi.
Also, the (Hyatt ) Erawan in Bangkok is on Rachadamri road, not on Wireless road.

The article is about P.P. Erawan Palms Resort on Koh Phiphi.
Also, the (Hyatt ) Erawan in Bangkok is on Rachadamri road, not on Wireless road.
Everyone is just guessing here, could be wireless, could be ratchadamri. Nobody knows for sure, some say Koh Tao, some Bangkok, others Koh Phi Phi. Let's just see what the autopsy reveals.

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Nip said:

Indeed. Well they managed to transport a French man living on Koh Tao to Surat Thani and leave him behind a school for 3 days without attracting the attention of dogs or vermin.

I wonder, did he have a GF, maybe walking along the beach then heart attack, she took off and we will never know.

No theft apparent, yet--- have all his bank withdrawal's been checked? if nothing missing close the case.

19 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I wonder, did he have a GF, maybe walking along the beach then heart attack, she took off and we will never know.

No theft apparent, yet--- have all his bank withdrawal's been checked? if nothing missing close the case.

Dear God man your talking firstly like a real police man and secondly ignoring that the system is MIND OVER MATTER. They don't mind and we don't matter. We are necessary irritants and no more. Sadly. 

German tourist’s island death could be accident or suicide, say police

By The Nation

ger.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police are unsure whether a German tourist found dead on Wednesday night on Koh Phi Phi fell from rocks or suicided.

The body of Markus Steibach, 50, was found on Wednesday night lying near a rock formation on the beach next to a sea gypsy graveyard in Ban Laem Dong village on popular Koh Phi Phi.

The man appeared to have wounds to his eyelids and left ear and bruises on both ankles and was believed to have been dead for 12 hours.

On Thursday, Koh Phi Phi police station’s inspector Pol Lt-Colonel Chokdee Mabang led officers to interrogate the manager and staff of Erawan Hotel on the island where the German stayed.

Pichai Chaiwongkham, the manager, said the tourist had checked in on August 24 and was scheduled to leave on September 2. He was last seen alive on August 27.

Pichai said anti-depressant medicine was found in Steibach’s room.

Pol Lt-Colonel Santipoj Nuanruang, deputy inspector of the Phi Phi police station, said police are waiting for results of a post-mortem at Surat Thani Hospital to rule out murder.

Police have initially theorised that the man might have either accidentally fallen from the rocks or deliberately suicided by jumping, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353409

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-31

5 hours ago, kolumats said:

Everyone is just guessing here, could be wireless, could be ratchadamri. Nobody knows for sure, some say Koh Tao, some Bangkok, others Koh Phi Phi. Let's just see what the autopsy reveals.

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk

I am not 'just guessing'

10 hours ago, tony5150 said:

I suggest to anyone visiting Thailand...carry a knife. Especially for women and elderly.

When I go on a relaxing vacation in beautiful locations I never leave home without an M16 usually with the RPG attachment.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, Mickmouse1 said:

It is easy to ascertain whether he sustained the injuries by falling or he was attacked etc...He could have been placed there,pushed there ..etc etc German autopsy would easily explain ?RIP

Attacked

14 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Sadly when they get here they realise their best days are long gone and revert to what comes naturally.

Not all mind you

I first came here in January 1961 on assignment and from 1974 until 2000 I came here about 60 times to have a ball .In 2001 I retired here To Live ,not to die..And I hope that every one that come here will also have a positive feeling about their life and enjoys the good life. Cheers Mates

I am so so happy they found out there was nothihng suspicious about this death.

oh my buddha boobies

so at least we now know its another of those bloody foreigners either suiciding or accidenting themselves to death

nice one thailand 

16 hours ago, Fireyfish said:

Why don't all yo Thai bashers go back home to utopia

yes love that will be your opinion

your opinion till they come for you

once you have dealt with death threats for asking neigbours to turn down music

or parking in someones spot

then we will see what tune you are singing

they are just as racist here as your us friends, just they hate any foreigner, not just black or mexican ones

1 hour ago, manchega said:

yes love that will be your opinion

your opinion till they come for you

then we will see what tune you are singing

they are just as racist here as your us friends, just they hate any foreigner, not just black or mexican ones

So I repeat, why don't  you  go back home to utopia ?

20 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Not all mind you

Glad you left me out.

What a playpen of pitiful delusional narcissistic keyboard  "warriors" I dare bet there's quite a wealth of knowledge floating around here on a day to day basis but that seems to be lacking recently. Have any of watched the Unusual Suspects? If so take heed and live any similar occurrence in life wisely. Like the old saying goes, the majority always wins and also loose lips sink ships. Be wise not proudful. This country we live in has so much more to lose and we're just a spec of dust in the way...

The arrogance of some members makes me believe...you're only here to encourage a closure of this site, no one in their right mind would leave themselves in the open like that. "When" they seize Thai Visa and see who has been spreading the most negativity what do you think will happen? How can you be so blind..

On 8/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, manchega said:

Perhaps you haven't stayed long in this country? It'll take a few years to get 'acclimatiszed' here.

Archived