Suggestions on an area with low pollution where my client could rent a property for around 100K / month?

RichardThailand

I've a client who would like to find a house to rent somewhere within a 1 hour drive of central Bangkok but in a safe area with as low pollution as possible. Can anyone give suggestions on what areas might be good to look into and also how does one go about finding an agent that deals with higher end property house rentals? Clients budget is around 100,000 a month but they could go higher.  Thanks very much. 

I live near Mega Bagna which is only 3/4 hr from the city centre. If you look at the housing estates along Kanchanaphisek Road then you will find some good homes. I live in Burasiri which has a few rental homes available. Airport easy to get to as well as to head down to Pattaya for the day.

Bang Yai in Nonthaburi.. 25km from Bangkok CBD.. But don't know if there'd be a mansion for 100k pm.. I'm in a baan housing village, 2 shops on site, 24hr gated security in a townhouse.. 3br, 2 floors, 2 bathroom, large living area and kitchen.. Only 5500k pm but unfurnished.. 

6 minutes ago, Batboy said:

I live near Mega Bagna which is only 3/4 hr from the city centre. If you look at the housing estates along Kanchanaphisek Road then you will find some good homes. I live in Burasiri which has a few rental homes available. Airport easy to get to as well as to head down to Pattaya for the day.

Thanks,  I will look into those areas.  Can you give me some idea of the sizes and prices of rentals.  Just some approx numbers would really help.  Also what size would you say the larger homes are.  Also any suggestions on how to find rental properties there.  Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, lust said:

If I could afford +100,000baht month on rent, I sure as hell wouldn’t be in Thailand.

Almost my feeling too but I think the client is wanting to stay there as it's an easy place to stay after buying one of those long term visas.  Just out of interest where would you suggest to stay in Asia?  I think for a person who doesn't want to stay in Europe or USA there are not so many options that allow long term visas. 

1 minute ago, RichardThailand said:

Thanks,  I will look into those areas.  Can you give me some idea of the sizes and prices of rentals.  Just some approx numbers would really help.  Also what size would you say the larger homes are.  Thanks in advance.

All houses in my compound of Burasiri are 2 story with 3 bedroom ,2 bathroom (Ensuite Main Bedroom) Small kitchen and reasonable size living room area. There is also a gym and pool for residence use. Gated entrance and security patrols 24 Hrs. You will find most housing compounds similar

I was going to say that Bang Kon Tien is the ONLY area in BKK with really fresh air.

If you could extend a bit, include Samuth Prakan, then things would be different, more options.

If you could do with half decent air I would look at MinBuri in NE Bangkok.

Bang Yai was mentioned, that is not in BKK, the air is OK but not clean. I live there.

As someone else said, Nonthaburi way, particularly around the Rama V roundabout where Nakhon Inn crosses Rachapreuk. 

ladalom on Nakhon Inn is high end, with the lowest rental around 50k per month and increasing. Bangkok Boulevard also is very 

good with prices starting at 35k a month. Ladawan on Rachapreuk is one of the best, but you are looking at closer to 150k starting price.

There are also a number of others around that area, it is easy to just turn up speak to the management at the Clubhouse and look 

around straight away or make a future appointment. All of these are less than an hour to central Bangkok, traffic permitting.

I live in a safe and quiet area, about 45 km from centre areas like Sukhumvit. Far from city and traffic but still polluted air sometimes. The district is Nongchok close to Min Buri I where the new Bangkok MRT orange line is going to have end station.  

I stayed in village grand Monaco near mega bangna. There are some houses renting for thb 50,000-100,000 with and without swimming pool. Gated community with excellent security 24/7. There is also a community club with swimming pool and a small lake . Air quality is decent too. Place is quiet too. Village was by golden land so built quality is ok . Being staying here for 6 years and no complaint at all. Place is near mature market and shopping centre. 30 minutes to airport and like the other poster said, a breeze to nip down to pattaya from here. Google grand Monaco for more details. 

On 8/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, RichardThailand said:

Almost my feeling too but I think the client is wanting to stay there as it's an easy place to stay after buying one of those long term visas.  Just out of interest where would you suggest to stay in Asia?  I think for a person who doesn't want to stay in Europe or USA there are not so many options that allow long term visas. 

For what he seems to be able to afford I would suggest Singapore

the air in Asia is nine times more polluted than in the West.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/07/180710122801.htm

your client needs to think vertical and not commuting in and out of Bangkok.

these are a little expensive but you get the idea.

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/heres-what-most-expensive-condos-bangkok-look

traffic is horrible.

I would look at the golf courses in the surrounding provinces (Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathumthani). They are all within an hours drive of central Bangkok.  Some of them have some very nice houses. The green tends to keep the air cleaner. During morning rush hour nothing other than lower Sukhumvit is within an hours drive, so you can't worry about  that. It takes 30 minutes just to get off the tollway, and even inner Bangkok isn't within an hours drive from inner Bangkok.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, RichardThailand said:

Malaysia.

There are plenty of luxurious houses and condos to rent in Pattaya in the 100 - 200k range. I would recommend a penthouse apartment on a high floor on the beach.

Corc

On 8/31/2018 at 11:40 PM, NCC1701A said:

the air in Asia is nine times more polluted than in the West.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/07/180710122801.htm

your client needs to think vertical and not commuting in and out of Bangkok.

these are a little expensive but you get the idea.

https://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/news/heres-what-most-expensive-condos-bangkok-look

traffic is horrible.

If you don't want to spend your time in a traffic jam then you should probably check out  hi-rise buildings in the city centre 

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/search/rent/condo_y/TH.BM_r1/any_r2/99000,202000_p/bed2,bed3,bed4_b/any_a/any_w/any_o/any_i/100.62442610451406,13.77183154691727_c/12_z/list_v

A big thing for me would be how often does he need to be in central Bangkok? 

Even being in the central areas and travelling somewhere else can take an hour. I drove from my place to the driving range on Saturday morning and it took 50 minutes there and 45 minutes back (it is 3km away). 

now that OP has expanded the possible area (here or in the condo thread) I offer some suggestions

bang kon tien, near sea - house

samuth prakan, eastern side of river - house

hua hin, up in the hills - house

cha am - near sea - house / condo

bang saen/an chila - near sea - house

pattaya south - pratumnak on the windy side - house/condo

north pattaya - probably house

najomtien - ocean marina  - condo

all the above should sport pretty fresh air

nonthaburi? house by canal or condo by river?

nonthaburi is polluted - very, mainly 'cause transport

it is not clear to me how high traf. pollution reaches , are you above on the 20th floor?

I'm in a house by canal, lots of forest/jungle around, cleans the air, the air impresses all who visit,

but I can easily sea the traf- shit on surfaces.

I don’t know about the visas, but South Korea would be MY personal choice, if I had money to burn, like he has.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:27 PM, owenm said:

Bang Yai in Nonthaburi.. 25km from Bangkok CBD.. But don't know if there'd be a mansion for 100k pm.. I'm in a baan housing village, 2 shops on site, 24hr gated security in a townhouse.. 3br, 2 floors, 2 bathroom, large living area and kitchen.. Only 5500k pm but unfurnished.. 

How's the level of air pollution in Nonthaburi?  Is that close to any industrial area or heavy traffic area?

1 hour ago, RichardThailand said:

How's the level of air pollution in Nonthaburi?  Is that close to any industrial area or heavy traffic area?

Certainly not an industrial area but as most of Bangkok and surrounds you have main road areas that become congested particularly at peak times.. I'm 2.5km away from Bang Yai City and traffic is very light and no pollution smog like central Bangkok.. Very quiet with some neighbour's cooks around.. 

On 9/1/2018 at 11:21 PM, tropo said:

There are plenty of luxurious houses and condos to rent in Pattaya in the 100 - 200k range. I would recommend a penthouse apartment on a high floor on the beach.

That;s what we booked in pattaya for a weekend...6* between the Thai moviestars...but guess what? They were building a new high hotel right next to ours ?

Archived