Restaurants like Nandos

RickG16

I went to Piri Piri Grilled Chicken in Emporium last night hoping it could replicate the Nandos experience but it didn't come close on a number levels.

Are there any other restaurants that serve up Portuguese style or Piri Piri Grilled / BBQ chicken in bkk? Or is this a case of 'you can't have everything?' 

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Well pining for the Nando's 'experience' is a new one for me. Thailand really takes all sorts.

Well mr smutcakes according to this article pining for Nandos in Thailand was happening at least five years ago:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/drinking-and-dining-nandos-and-nan-donts-at-piri-piri-flaming-chicken/

And I'd agree Thailand takes all sorts. But I'd venture that pining for a Nandos doesn't put me in the weirdest category of people... by a long stretch. 

5 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

I find Piri Piri quite nice actually in comparison to Nando's but seems everyone's taste vary, however I wouldn't call it dire!!!!

Yeah each to their own... I'm judging it purely on the grilled chicken btw. Not tried anything else on the menu. As the guy said in that review, seemed to have no taste at all. Mine also looked like it was pre-cooked and been sat under a hot plate.

But with chicken its better over than under cooked I guess! 

Archived