health food stores in bangkok?

yogavnture

Try the gourmet supermarket at Siam Paragon.  Last I was there they had a massive selection of 'Bob's Red Mill' products which should cover you for flax seeds (had other brands too.  They've got soy milk but if you're looking for non-dairy and non-soy options I'm pretty sure I saw some other forms of milk like oat and rice milk etc. 

A dichotomy- you will die from the pollution years before the effects of chia seeds , guinoa, paleo diet , clean eating etc etc kick in .

What is with flax seeds ? 

You have been sold total snake oil nonsense from the food industry- who can sell all these bogus products at a huge premium - profits are huge. 

Its utter nonsense. 

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

A dichotomy- you will die from the pollution years before the effects of chia seeds , guinoa, paleo diet , clean eating etc etc kick in .

You have been sold total snake oil nonsense from the food industry- who can sell all these bogus products at a huge premium - profits are huge. 

Its utter nonsense. 

I don't think you understand the problem, if you are on the Keto diet (need to lose weight) then all wheat products are banned as are any vegetable that grow under ground! The diet encourages you to eat as much animal fat as possible, consider, better to put full fat cream in your coffee or butter rather than milk!

More people die of being overweight than from eating non fattening food! ?

18 minutes ago, TPI said:

I don't think you understand the problem, if you are on the Keto diet (need to lose weight) then all wheat products are banned as are any vegetable that grow under ground! The diet encourages you to eat as much animal fat as possible, consider, better to put full fat cream in your coffee or butter rather than milk!

More people die of being overweight than from eating non fattening food! ?

80% of people who die have eaten carrots sometime in the past.

Give up carrots and hey presto you are in organic clover

Try the Lemon Farm chain of stores.

Locations I can recall off the top of my head are:

Index Living Mall Rama 2

Mega Bangna

The Walk Kaset-Nawamin

The Walk Ratchaphruk Mall

If those locations are not convenient, there's probably others you could find with a Google Maps search, etc.

Edit: Here's a list: http://www.lemonfarm.com/?page_id=1786

12 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

80% of people who die have eaten carrots sometime in the past.

Give up carrots and hey presto you are in organic clover

Give up carrots and you'll still be one of the 80% who ate carrots sometime in the past 

11 hours ago, Glock3am said:

Index Living Mall Rama 2

Mega Bangna

The Walk Kaset-Nawamin

If those locations are not convenient, there's probably others you could find with a Google Maps search, etc.

There's one a short way down Langsuan Road on the left. Pleasant onsite restaurant. 

16 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Its utter nonsense. 

I agree. Diet coke and smoking is the way to go.

19 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Its utter nonsense. 

Just wondering.   So you eat whatever you want because you see pollution as the overriding factor?

Sunshine Market in Sukhumvit Soi 22 is the best/better source for all products from Bob's Red Mill in Bangkok, as they are the official retailer for BRM products in Thailand, and supply BRM items to other retailers like Villa, Siam Paragon, etc, who usually resell them at higher prices.

It's a good little market with a nice range of healthy products, both packaged and fresh made by the shop.

As for non-dairy milks, most Thai supermarkets these days are carrying several varies of a pretty decent Thai produced almond milk from U.S. almonds under the 137 Degrees brand that come in both 1 liter and 250 ml single use cartons. They come in both a plain, unsweetened variety and several flavored sweetened varieties.

Villa and Foodlands, along with some of the Central Markets, used to sell an unsweetened, imported rice milk brand of 1 liter cartons from the brand Freedom Foods. But lately, my usual sources seem to be out of stock or not carrying that item anymore, not sure if that's temporary or permanent.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, Glock3am said:

Index Living Mall Rama 2

Mega Bangna

The Walk Kaset-Nawamin

thanks somebody actually answered my inquiry  thanks

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:22 AM, peterb17 said:

Its utter nonsense. 

no u are nonsense dont pollute my thread please go to another thread and destroy that one.  thanks

10 hours ago, yogavnture said:

now im wondering if I could buy online and get delivered to my guest house in bkk...........ive had luck doing this on ebay as I travel.

Radiance deliver pretty quickly or you could specify one of the pick-up points they have around Bangkok.

• 5 months later...

I think best bet is to make your own food, that way you can ensure healthy eating but if you don't have the time and 

live in South Bangkok, you can always try my wife's family business, who have nearly serviced around 1k people.

They use low sodium/salt sauces and been cooking for 3 generations.

www.eatcleananddiet.com

"im trying to clean up my diet. are thier any places in Bangkok to get "health food"? looking for flax seeds and non dairy milks etc." - Have you tried going to either a supermarket called Foodland or Villa Market? They do sell those things. Not sure about other supermarkets selling flaxseeds but every other supermarket also sells non-dairy milk too.

Archived