VAT return in DMK? And how?

chado

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

You need the receipt together with the VAT return form and of course the item which you are exporting

do I get a VAT return form in an airport?

Say, I bought shoes for 3k baht.

I have only a receipt with me. The shoes may be put into my bagpack which has already been checked in.

Wil I get VAT return?

1 hour ago, chado said:

do I get a VAT return form in an airport?

Say, I bought shoes for 3k baht.

I have only a receipt with me. The shoes may be put into my bagpack which has already been checked in.

Wil I get VAT return?

No, you won't get VAT return like this.

You get the VAT return form from the shop when you buy the item, you can not get this later.

For Suvarnabhumi it works like this, but at DMK it should be quite similar:

At the airport you have to show the item at the VAT return desk (before checkin), they stamp your form, you then check in your bag, and then after immigration in the duty free area at the VAT return desk you get the money (but somehow it's not the whole 7%, but less, i don't know exactly why)

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

No, you won't get VAT return like this.

You get the VAT return form from the shop when you buy the item, you can not get this later.

For Suvarnabhumi it works like this, but at DMK it should be quite similar:

At the airport you have to show the item at the VAT return desk (before checkin), they stamp your form, you then check in your bag, and then after immigration in the duty free area at the VAT return desk you get the money (but somehow it's not the whole 7%, but less, i don't know exactly why)

It is because the Bht 3000 is actually 107% of the shoe price. So the VAT is only Bht193... Is it worth it?

Archived