Time to rethink prostitution ban, say experts

rooster59

23 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

That place still exist ? I heard most of the girls left for Uni and became doctors ?

oh how very dare you.

Last time I was in Nana was maybe 4 or 5 years and I can't actually remember if the Rainbow was still there. Last time I was in the place was probably 3 or 4 years before that. 

Nana was starting to become too 'dark' for my liking a few years ago and a lot of the girls seemed to be developing husky voices, and I don't mean they howled a lot.

On topic again, let's say they actually legalise prostitution will/should they cover 'all' including LBGT groups.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nordic approach "is to eradicate prostitution". Yes, men don't have a need for sex, it's just a choice like going to a movie. And all men are already happily involved with a willing sex partner. And women everywhere will make sure no man is left out. The justified belief is 10% of the men get 90% of the action. The Nordic approach is feminist rubbish. Their motto: If a man enjoys anything, it must be bad. 

Consensual should be the key word they consider.

9 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Hardly a low opinion of myself,  just not an exaggerated story like you posted that exemplified your own bigotry and pomposity.  But still , just carry on in your own pretentious delusional world because clearly you are unable to accept reality.

Gee, I am so pleased you know my life. I have accepted the reality I stated. You seem to be the one who just cannot fathom such a situation. As I said, you have my sympathies.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

oh how very dare you.

Last time I was in Nana was maybe 4 or 5 years and I can't actually remember if the Rainbow was still there. Last time I was in the place was probably 3 or 4 years before that. 

Nana was starting to become too 'dark' for my liking a few years ago and a lot of the girls seemed to be developing husky voices, and I don't mean they howled a lot.

On topic again, let's say they actually legalise prostitution will/should they cover 'all' including LBGT groups.

Why not as there should be no gender/not to sure gender  differentiation or prejudice  IMHO 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:10 AM, Vacuum said:

venues can easily rake in up to Bt10 million per month, a fraction of which is used to bribe law enforcers against closure. The bribes start from Bt200,000 a month and can reach a startling Bt400,000

Oh my lord.

Bribery?

To law enforcers? 

There must be some mistake

On 9/1/2018 at 7:25 AM, gmac said:

Can't see why registration is necessary, is it necessary for other types of worker to register their occupation?

There are hundreds of occupations in which one must be certified, licensed or registered. They range from attorneys, architects, engineers etc to welders, truck drivers, etc. to massage therapist to sex workers in countries where it is legal.

16 hours ago, smotherb said:
19 hours ago, atyclb said:

nope, lots of them even university grads commonly look for financial assistance.  either want to borrow money soon or just free cash.  many with normal day jobs that moonlight at nightclubs.  i knew a lawyer that moonlighted at nightclubs when she wanted to buy a car. she was selecive, not anyone but still the game was the same.

not 100% but very common.

it gets better in higher levels of society or sometimes the higher level gals just look for higher amounts of money.

I think you must have been hanging around with women who  expect to be compensated.

"Who can marry have dowry for parent and diamond ring for gift on marry."

this is a "teacher"

read her message and reply from target farang

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.28.19 PM.png

19 hours ago, micmichd said:

As shopkeepers, as housewives, as clerks, as students, as bar girls, as massage girls - whatever their job is. In a labour society it's the time that counts. 

so why do you feel the need to compensate them for being with you in their "off work time" ??  they normally sleep and are not at work while they sleep so if they slept with you they would not be losing time from work

this is a "teacher"

691152506_ScreenShot2018-09-02at12_28_19PM.png.e40f34ba5eb6027e5cc2b42e59c0a37a.png&key=5ef895dfb93ea5b73a716a53f88576b42a0a27147dfe66a392e80778437584f9

Look on the bright side, with that low level of ‘engrish’, I’d suggest they havent met many tourist in the Pattaya/BKK ‘hell-holes’

The phrase ‘farm fresh’ springs to mind! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Look on the bright side, with that low level of ‘engrish’, I’d suggest they havent met many tourist in the Pattaya/BKK ‘hell-holes’

The phrase ‘farm fresh’ springs to mind! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

target farang replied to her . to get dowry and diamond ring at . www.gofundme.com

34 minutes ago, atyclb said:

this is a "teacher"

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 12.28.19 PM.png

And, what is your point? You show a dating site proposing a dubious female whose expectations are plainly stated. You believe she is a teacher; sounds like an experienced online dating girl to me.  Why don't you just go to a bar and ask the bar fine of a girl you like; same-same.

14 minutes ago, smotherb said:

And, what is your point? You show a dating site proposing a dubious female whose expectations are plainly stated. You believe she is a teacher; sounds like an experienced online dating girl to me.  Why don't you just go to a bar and ask the bar fine of a girl you like; same-same.

part of the discussion is about gals looking for money / expecting compensation. then another poster remarked that i must be with the wrong type of gal. so here is a uni grad teacher no less that doesn't dice words.

btw,    gofundme.com just may be the solution for all these gals and their search for cash LOL

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 1.47.50 PM.png

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

I can assure you that that will not happen in the future .

I dont know why you post such nonsense

Don't you watch science fiction ? Who knows what will happen in 1000 years from now.

I'm curious Thailand is very casual about how young girls get pregnant and and then must raise the child alone because the father to young and stupid to take care of the baby. No child support in Thailand so how would the girl take care of a child if she got pregnant?

WHole families thrive on income daughter or what ever, Thai women are mostly on their own. Thailand is a country with no jobs, paying descent to live on. The top 300 bath/day income isnt even enough. The government had 4 jobs in the south of Thailand, there were 2500 applications for it !!! Yingluck tried something but also went down and failed in many ways.

Sinch very long time Thai women work in prostitution, they have kids, family and working their ass off for making it better for them, somehow.

However a USA or maybe any other country isnt that much different. Same story, you are lucky when working in higher society. 

Despite Thai government "have" programs (once red?) to make it better, it's not working. But they do buy U-boats!   

What Thai government should worry about is the Russian mob, they are the really ugly ones. They dont care about anyone but themselves and they import Russian women in a very bad way. In a documentary i saw it was somehow hard to get a grip of that. They let it happen and waited too long and now it s complicated to do some thing(?). Guess thats where the money talks.

If you are just an alien, getting your visa extended is way nicer to discriminate them. Hack, the mob will kill you if you dont comply.  

For women it is possible to act in prostitution, a man almost cant. All though it seems to be more and more possible. However the amount of prostitutes is enormous, so competition is.

It is all about survival for the women, kids, parents, grand parents.

But not any government anywhere gives a shit, they have good income and think it is not in their norms and values and it has to be regulated. If you dont have food, water, or anything else they dont care. Order, neat, controlled then it is ok.  

Any government is not better then a mob.

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

part of the discussion is about gals looking for money / expecting compensation. then another poster remarked that i must be with the wrong type of gal. so here is a uni grad teacher no less that doesn't dice words.

btw,    gofundme.com just may be the solution for all these gals and their search for cash LOL

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 1.47.50 PM.png

If you believe everything someone writes online, especially on a dating site, well . . . .

I knew a bar girl in Vietnam who was a nurse. She was good enough to get a bar fine almost every day. As she said when asked why she worked in a bar instead of a hospital, "Em thich di gung nhieu" . . . I like sex very much. And, of course she got paid more for fewer hours. 

I did not say, nor meant to imply, an educated girl couldn't be a prostitute. What I meant to imply was if a girl has a good job and money of her own; she is less likely to sell her body, be willing to do things she was morally opposed to doing, or expect compensation for loving someone.

47 minutes ago, smotherb said:

If you believe everything someone writes online, especially on a dating site, well . . . .

a grain of salt

47 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I knew a bar girl in Vietnam who was a nurse. She was good enough to get a bar fine almost every day. As she said when asked why she worked in a bar instead of a hospital, "Em thich di gung nhieu" . . . I like sex very much. And, of course she got paid more for fewer hours. 

a real life registered nurse that bw made dozens of adult films told me the same thing, but while we were dating she wasn't interested in getting compensated, just mutual attraction.

I did not say, nor meant to imply, an educated girl couldn't be a prostitute. What I meant to imply was if a girl has a good job and money of her own; she is less likely to sell her body, be willing to do things she was morally opposed to doing, or expect compensation for loving someone.

"morality" and "thailand" are two conflicting concepts

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yes, it is sweet. I like a good-looking, intelligent and capable woman. Someone who can do more than just spread her legs.

We are all spreading our legs when we are walking, running, dancing, skiing, skating, bicycling, climbing and so on - it is just the most lazy ones who dont - the so-called couch inspectors...:whistling:

9 minutes ago, ttrd said:

We are all spreading our legs when we are walking, running, dancing, skiing, skating, bicycling, climbing and so on - it is just the most lazy ones who dont - the so-called couch inspectors...:whistling:

well, I was referring to spreading their legs for sex, but I would still prefer a woman who could do more than run, walk, dance, ski, skate or climb too

40 minutes ago, atyclb said:

a grain of salt

a real life registered nurse that bw made dozens of adult films told me the same thing, but while we were dating she wasn't interested in getting compensated, just mutual attraction.

"morality" and "thailand" are two conflicting concepts

I don't see that conflict as being all of Thailand. I think you need to find a different class of Thais.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I don't see that conflict as being all of Thailand. I think you need to find a different class of Thais.

i am familiar with that different class of thai's and agree with you in that regard.  just really commenting about the majority because that % you refer to is the minority.

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

i am familiar with that different class of thai's and agree with you in that regard.  just really commenting about the majority because that % you refer to is the minority.

Your statement was ""morality" and "thailand" are two conflicting concepts"  I see no percentage.

However, I think you need to realize that morality, as with most other human characteristics, has cultural implications. What we Westerners consider moral may be observed differently here.

Your statement was ""morality" and "thailand" are two conflicting concepts"  I see no percentage.

However, I think you need to realize that morality, as with most other human characteristics, has cultural implications. What we Westerners consider moral may be observed differently here.

Western Morals consider it fine if its in Nice little Streets with Starbucks nearby. ?[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived