Australian man found dead in Chiang Mai condo

rooster59

Australian man found dead in Chiang Mai condo

a8ab7j69heda6ke9ciiaa.jpg

Image: Komchadluek

The body of a 45 year old Australian man has been found in a room at a condominium in Chiang Mai.

Police and rescue workers were called to the One Plus condominium in Muang District at 2.30pm on Friday after a maid reported a foul smell coming from the man’s room.

She alerted the building maintenance manager who gained access to the room and discovered the body.

Police said the man’s body was found face down and that there were several empty bottles of Thai whisky also in the room.

Forensic officers said there was no signs of a struggle and that heavy drinking may have contributed to the man’s death. Officers estimated the man had been dead for about seven days.

Staff at the condo said the man had been renting a room for almost one year and that he often stayed in his room drinking and using the computer.

The man’s body was sent to Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital to establish an official cause of death.

Source: Komchadluek

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-02

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

there were several empty bottles of Thai whisky also in the room.

Forensic officers said there was no signs of a struggle and that heavy drinking may have contributed to the man’s death. Officers estimated the man had been dead for about seven days.

Well, if "heavy drinking" was involved, they must have found at least 10 bottles...

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Another Farang,dying alone,nobody wondered where he was

for 7 days,very sad,

RIP 

regards Worgeordie

Of course you are right. Seen from the perspective of reality and how the world really works, it will be alittle bit different.

When a person starts to drink to much, if this is the case, and isolate himself. Yeah, then many people just walk away, because they no longer want to associate themselfs with the person in question. Naturally you should always try to help somebody if possible, but if that help is rejected to many times. Then the world looks like this.

As sad as it is, it is simply up to a persons way of respecting himself that creates the care of others.

Naturally, it´s far to early to say anything for sure here. Murder, no murder? Alcohol or another cause? Nobody know yet, and this is also probably a piece of news you never hear about again.

I find it quite sad that a couple of posters see it as a good time to try and express  their rather feeble attempts at humour.

If It was a member of their family, or possibly an acquaintance, maybe they would not find it so funny.

R.I.P. to the deceased.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Forensic officers said there was no signs of a struggle and that heavy drinking may have contributed to the man’s death.

I save my bottles and cans for recycling. If I die I guess they'll say heavy drinking may have killed me. I mean really. These guys are meant to be experts but several (how many is that?) empty wiskey bottles.  Maybe he drank himself to death. Maybe he hasn't cleaned up for a while. Maybe he was on meds that you shouldn't drink alcohol with. There are always maybes in this type of death and it's these maybes that need to be investigated but not here in Thailand. Here it's jump to the first conclusion albeit unsubstatiated and publish it before cause of death has been proved.?

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Brit tourists deaths in Spain 4 in 1 million,deaths in Thailand 60 in 1 million.2017.

Very adroitly totally ignoring the demographic of the visitor to spain vis a vis the visitor/expat to Thailand. 

But then again that adroitly reflects your continued anti thai agenda

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

What happens to the Condo of a dead Franger is there is no Thai will and no relatives make claim? Furniture stolen and auction off by the Juristin person?

It was a rented room.

Staff at the condo said the man had been renting a room for almost one year

18 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

So what happens if the Foreigner is the owner?

I think I understand what you are asking, even knowing in this case he only rented, but if an owner, who dies intestate than maybe this applies......though trust me I am no lawyer, and it can be a minefield having no will...

If you have NOT made a Last Will or Testament, or valid will, the law (intestacy rules) will determine what happens to your assets when you die. Under Thai inheritance laws this generally means that the assets will be distributed amongst the statutory heirs. Under section 1629 of the Civil and Commercial Code of Thailand there are 6 classes of statutory heirs and they are entitled to inherit in the following order:small map Thailand

1. descendants
  2. parents
  3. brothers and sisters of full blood
  4. brothers and sisters of half blood
  5. grandparents
  6. uncles and aunts
  7. The surviving spouse is a statutory heir, subject to the special provisions of Section 1635 Civil and Commercial Code.

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Brit tourists deaths in Spain 4 in 1 million,deaths in Thailand 60 in 1 million.2017.

He wasn't British,  or a tourist. 

But not to be over generalist or pedantic to a fault,  I understand Aussie death rates are higher than average here as well. 

Tourists generally have drunken mishaps.

Expats (who die suddenly)  generally have troubled histories, and this outpost is the end of the line. 

Although the law here is Dodgy Brothers Inc. I generally accept these tragic apartment deaths and falls at face value. Without further speculation,  I hope he has at least one mate to sort out his affairs,  and I hope he's found peace. 

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I save my bottles and cans for recycling. If I die I guess they'll say heavy drinking may have killed me. I mean really. These guys are meant to be experts but several (how many is that?) empty wiskey bottles.  Maybe he drank himself to death. Maybe he hasn't cleaned up for a while. Maybe he was on meds that you shouldn't drink alcohol with. There are always maybes in this type of death and it's these maybes that need to be investigated but not here in Thailand. Here it's jump to the first conclusion albeit unsubstatiated and publish it before cause of death has been proved.?

No conclusion stated in the article. Last paragraph states the body has been sent for autopsy to determine cause of death.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

What happens to the Condo of a dead Franger is there is no Thai will and no relatives make claim? Furniture stolen and auction off the room sale by the Juristin person?

A neighbor of mine , also an Aussie , John ke mou , also died from drinking in his condo in CM , spent ten years renting , decided to buy the condo and died a year later .

That was five years ago , they just looked the door and its not been opened since

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Another Farang,dying alone,nobody wondered where he was

for 7 days,very sad,

RIP 

regards Worgeordie

It's a shame, in my condo building,if I didn't make an appearance during the day, the next morning I would fat a call from the manager... of course management liked me so that might make a difference..

4 minutes ago, JRUSA said:

It's a shame, in my condo building,if I didn't make an appearance during the day, the next morning I would fat a call from the manager... of course management liked me so that might make a difference..

Yes, you sound like a really nice guy . 

Going on threads and suggesting that a recently deceased guy wasnt liked .

You sound like a really nice kind of guy

Just now, sanemax said:

Yes, you sound like a really nice guy . 

Going on threads and suggesting that a recently deceased guy wasnt liked .

You sound like a really nice kind of guy

,I said I was liked at my condo, I don't know if he ever was at my condo..

I think I understand what you are asking, even knowing in this case he only rented, but if an owner, who dies intestate than maybe this applies......though trust me I am no lawyer, and it can be a minefield having no will...

If you have NOT made a Last Will or Testament, or valid will, the law (intestacy rules) will determine what happens to your assets when you die. Under Thai inheritance laws this generally means that the assets will be distributed amongst the statutory heirs. Under section 1629 of the Civil and Commercial Code of Thailand there are 6 classes of statutory heirs and they are entitled to inherit in the following order:thailand.png&key=3898875dd79d26c234d991f3fba9c64bf387349e8911b3314087b119b665cd97

1. descendants
  2. parents
  3. brothers and sisters of full blood
  4. brothers and sisters of half blood
  5. grandparents
  6. uncles and aunts
  7. The surviving spouse is a statutory heir, subject to the special provisions of Section 1635 Civil and Commercial Code.

That is exactly what I asked. And if Nobody from the aliens family ever claims it? Yes, all part of the “Thai fever”. Many condos bought by foreigners end up abandoned becoming property of influential people on the board or management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived