BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

VIDEO: Speeding Thai minivan driver rages at foreign tourist who told him to slow down

Thailand has the 3rd highest number of deaths per passenger trip in the world.  The highway accidents are absolutely horrendous and these shared mini van shuttles are the main cause.  The drivers drive like absolute maniacs tailgating at high speed on Thailand's deadly roads which lack guard rails and speed enforcement. When traveling to Thailand always hire a private vehicle and before paying insist the driver agree to drive the speed limit and let them know they will be fired and not paid otherwise.  I'm sure this is why I've never been in an accident while visiting SE Asia.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Were you in the minibus at the time to hear him say that?

Listen to the video and the sound. Even a bit tone deaf you can make out it is a foreigner.  

6 hours ago, Briggsy said: The only reason there was no violence. Is because. He didn't have. Other. 10 other. Taxi drivers to help him.

Being told you are doing your job poorly in front of others = Perfect example of loss of face.

Result = Anger

I am just surprised there was no violence.

Another fine example of Thai tourism.  The person who complained has every right to complain. "Thai people don't worry" Yeah that why there are more death per head of population in Thailand than ANY where in the world.  Freakin moron!!!

The responsibility lies with government to ensure police stop the speeding with harsh fines, I think it would be exactly the same in oz if it weren't for a properly organised government and cops. I'd, just eventually ask to get of the bus if  thought it dangerous. The driver was kind of right.

24 minutes ago, RadKiter said:

Thailand has the 3rd highest number of deaths per passenger trip in the world.  The highway accidents are absolutely horrendous and these shared mini van shuttles are the main cause.  The drivers drive like absolute maniacs tailgating at high speed on Thailand's deadly roads which lack guard rails and speed enforcement. When traveling to Thailand always hire a private vehicle and before paying insist the driver agree to drive the speed limit and let them know they will be fired and not paid otherwise.  I'm sure this is why I've never been in an accident while visiting SE Asia.

If you don't want things to work out in Thailand, just make plans.  But sounds great on paper.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Don't you get tired of hearing that,nobody gives a <deleted>,they just do what they want,

thinking nothing will ever effect Teflon Thailand,BUT one day they might be wondering

what happened !.

regards Worgeordie 

Yes, one day they will say while wringing their hands,  "Why do tourists not come here any more?" In fact, in my neck of the woods they are saying that already, contrary to TAT figures.

Horse and stable door springs to mind!

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

130 kmh is around 80 mph, not that fast, but taking the average driving environment in this blessed country, the fear and subsequent adrenaline rush can make it feel somewhat faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

80 on any Thai road is suicidal. 

At least the driver did not yell at the top of his lungs  to Get the <deleted> out.. like Some in the past...

Bunch of Psychos who are allowed to offer public transport ! Crazy roads and drivers!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hey !! The only job we foreigners are allowed to do without a work permit here in Thailand is to ruin the image of Thailand.

Now this [&ù*£"@*] minivan driver is stealing our job, and that is NOT FAIR.

Mai dee, mai dee rok !

10 minutes ago, chang1 said:

80 on any Thai road is suicidal. 

You don't do a lot of driving in Thailand do you? nonsense statement, I have as many problems with people driving slowly and hogging the road, more than I do with drivers speeding! 

The bottom line is Thai's are a lot smarter than us when dealing with their fellow country folk, they know that they are most likely going to be "angry" when anyone says anything to them, thats why they are able to accept noise, pollution & whatever else is thrown at them, least they stay alive, life has little value here!

6 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Typical Thais. They agreed with the driver. 

Not what I read!!!!

Many of the Thai passengers also complained about his driving and that they had been overcharged 150 baht for the journey!

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I never use the mini buses now as most of the drivers have a death wish  I am happy to continue living even if there not ?

The problem is that you dont need to be in the minivan if it has a high speed collision. You might be in the vehicle that the minivan hits. The road remains dangerous for all until people take road safety seriously