VIDEO: Speeding Thai minivan driver rages at foreign tourist who told him to slow down

rooster59

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2018 at 10:56 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I got in one of these vans, for the first time in years, last month. I was pleasantly surprised that the driver had a device which alarmed at 90km/h and also alarmed every hour, to wake him up ?

So there is change happening, how many are changing is hard to gauge !!

So he's sleeping while he's driving, and you were pleasantly surprised? ? Sorry!

On 9/2/2018 at 11:16 AM, lapd said:

Everyone knows a farang that constantly has problems with thais.  The reason is that they have not learned how to deal with thais.  

If you go around acting like you do in the western world you are guaranteed to have problems. 

When I have a problems with thais for whatever reason I just say it's all my fault.  I am wrong.  I made a mistake.  I am the stupid farang.  You get the idea.  Does not matter if it is your fault or not.  That is not the point.  If you do things that help a thai save face you will make your life much easier in Thailand.  

The LAST thing you ever want to do is act/say/do things that makes thais feel like you think you are right and they are wrong.  That goes double/triple for farangs.  Thais dealing with thais can get away with it sometimes but that does not mean farangs can. 

Your crszy!! If Thai people want western money.  They have to care and respect western thinking. Do not put western tourist in danger.  Keep them safe and they will come back.  Thai people love money? Take care of the tourist.  Do not abuse their kindness.  

Just now, tonysilly said:

Your crszy!! If Thai people want western money.  They have to care and respect western thinking. Do not put western tourist in danger.  Keep them safe and they will come back.  Thai people love money? Take care of the tourist.  Do not abuse their kindness.  

Clearly you haven't met many Thais!

What about us Norwegians? We're drunks too, I feel left out.
Hey you take it to a whole new level. [emoji1] I went to see The Eagles at the Jorvik stadium in Stavanger a few years ago. People falling down drunk everywhere. Surprised if anyone remembered the concert by the next morning. Thought brits could drink but Norwegians give us a good run for our money

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:24 AM, i claudius said:

Not all Thais agree with this sort of driving ,while we were on a family outing ,my sister in law ,berated the driver about his bad driving and rang head office demanding a new driver .

My wife berates me about my bad driving continuously. Often threatens to get out of the car.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:10 AM, Somtamnication said:

Typical Thais. They agreed with the driver. 

Evidently not and in my experience there is no such thing as a typical Thai or people of any nationality for that matter. 

"But that wasn’t all. Many of the Thai passengers also complained the driver was rude, bad mannered and had they had been overcharged 150 baht for the journey."

Archived