VIDEO: Speeding Thai minivan driver rages at foreign tourist who told him to slow down

rooster59

28 minutes ago, Spidey said:

This thread was about a Thai van driver who was completely out of order. Should we blame the farang for him driving like a maniac?

No but dont pretend the world is not infested with a**h*les. A shitty driver is not an indictment of culture.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 1dayumay said:

That’s your life, thaivisa forum.

get your ass out and do something productive.

cheap Charlie lifestyle..

I would like to think you are unaware of Colin`s personal circumstances, he has made no secret that sadly he is a paraplegic.

He does still go out but nowhere near as easy for him as most others..

I am amazed at his mental strength/ fortitude.

No cheap charlie either, has as stated spent money converting his house to be  more user friendly for his condition.

So he spends a lot of time here, so what ?

12 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Typical Thais. They agreed with the driver. 

Typical Thaigeezer- fails to read the article.

"Many of the Thai passengers also complained the driver was rude, bad mannered and had they had been overcharged 150 baht for the journey."

18 minutes ago, toenail said:

“Saving face” in Thai society really seems to act as a deterrent in making progress in this modern world. Many positive aspects about this society but ...

It stops there growth as a nation and as individuals.

its also a  hiding place of the coward.

He's a thug with a hugely inflated ego but reflects males generally in this country His licence should be withdrawn but as men are in charge of that as well nothing will happen because they also have the same problem egocentricisity and arrogance about their own self importance

None of these minibus drivers or taxi drivers has got a passenger vehicle driver license, none of them know the Highway Code, and none of them know there even is a highway code. The government should make it so hard for these people to get a passenger vehicle license, lots of test and exams. only have drivers with above average intelligence, but the above is applicable to 95% of Thai drivers??     

20 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

It stops there growth as a nation and as individuals.

its also a  hiding place of the coward.

Agree, and for the past 20+ years, I've been saying that FACE, perse, is not necessarily bad. It exists in other Asian/Eastern and even Western societies.  The issue is in what seems like the average Thais character combined with face.

The Japanese and Koreans also have a strong face culture, but they also have cultures of HONOR. People there tend to be taught to be honorable. So face in those societies manifest as a mostly positive trait. Thais seem to generally have no concept at all of honor 

51 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No but dont pretend the world is not infested with a**h*les. A shitty driver is not an indictment of culture.

I'm not sure what would be worse: someone who pretends that bad people don't exist everywhere or someone who believes that they exist in equal number and measure in all circumstances. 

Why do people pretend all things are equal? Does that make sense? 

9 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agree, and for the past 20+ years, I've been saying that FACE, perse, is not necessarily bad. It exists in other Asian/Eastern and even Western societies.  The issue is in what seems like the average Thais character combined with face.

The Japanese and Koreans also have a strong face culture, but they also have cultures of HONOR. People there tend to be taught to be honorable. So face in those societies manifest as a mostly positive trait. Thais seem to generally have no concept at all of honor 

OK, so lets see, what I have learned from all these bashing threads.....

Thais have no honour, are uncivilized, childish and lazy

Indians are cheap rapists who smell

Africans are scammers

Americans are loud, obnoxious, overbearing ignorant louts

Aussies are the same as above but they drink more

Brits are arrogant, rascist drunks

Germans are the same, only they are more orderly

Chinese are ethnocentric, rude, moneygrubbing cheaters who seek to dominate the world

So are the Jews

Armenians too but they have given up on world domination

Russians are misanthropic stupid violent criminal alcoholics with hot women

Japanese are big spending polite rascist perverts

So are the Koreans

Burmese are...burmese, you burned our capital

French are cheese eating surrender monkeys

Arabs are dirty violent cheats

Israelis are arrogant violent cheats

I left out Swiss, Danes and Swedes because they are almost OK. 

PLEASE NOTE PC POLICE THAT THE FOREGOING IS SUPPOSED TO BE IRONICAL

Now that we have that settled....

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I guess it depends on the foreigner? 

I wonder what Thai folks think of foreigners? Maybe it depends on the Thai folk.

Why does every thread about some <deleted> somewhere turn into Thai bashing.

They earn the bashing.

For some people, it takes a personal tragedy at the hands of Thai incompetence and lackadaisical safety attitudes to sour on these aspects of Thai culture. Some might call this a selfish reaction. 

Others of us can imagine others we love, maybe family or friends, and some of us even imagine Thais themselves who are gravely harmed by these cultural traits and grow angry. Some might call this a more selfLESS reaction. 

Will it take for you, God forbid it, or someone you love to be injured by this nationally consistent gross incompetence and arrogance before you realize these are not good traits? 

10 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'm not sure what would be worse: someone who pretends that bad people don't exist everywhere or someone who believes that they exist in equal number and measure in all circumstances. 

Why do people pretend all things are equal? Does that make sense? 

I never pretend. Im an American, we are the best. I see lots of flaws everywhere

But I dont expect American culture to be indicted for some nut with a gun, just like I dont indict Thai culture for some nut with a car.

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Africans are scammers

Chinese are ethnocentric, rude, moneygrubbing cheaters who seek to dominate the world

So are the Jews

So are the Koreans

I could play this game, but I suspect you are switched on. 

Yes, stereotypes are useful. Would you not stereotype a lion approaching you in the open? Would you try to remove yourself from the situation or would you just casually walk past it? 

Not all lions kill people, right? 

2 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Will it take for you, God forbid it, or someone you love to be injured by this nationally consistent gross incompetence and arrogance before you realize these are not good traits? 

555555....nice try

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Africans are scammers

So are the Jews

So are the Koreans

What about us Norwegians? We're drunks too, I feel left out.

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You have to laugh when he says "why worry?" A quick reference to the country's accident statistics might provide the answer.

Much of which are caused by idiots driving too fast.

Yes and this is perfect example of the screwed mindset. Nothing will change anytime soon. I am not even metioning the customer service but that will be over the driver IQ.

racist pc of sht! whats thais and farangs got to do with it. Its a bus, its to take people from point a to b. Fkn childish idiot. So i guess i can say thais have no balls or brains because surely someone should have said. Yeh, maybee it would be a good idea to slow down. This idiot should be a crash test dummy not a bus driver.

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

Mate , don't sell yourself so cheap.  i will help you.  :giggle:

Zero charisma.

Never know when to laugh at a joke.

Bad hair cuts

ABBA.

Bad breath.

Brown Cheese.

I feel somewhat whole again, but Brown cheese is no joke (joking about G35 is punishable by death in Norway).

only 130 came back from koh chang to bkk and he did not do less then 140  was on a suicide mission  went through 3 red lights went across  lanes traffic most people got out that van sweating  from fer they are like load nutters on the road and even when the rain was so bad i thought he slow down you could not see more then say 5 meters in front you he just carried on  as if was clear day chatted on his phone most time as well maddness

Sorry I didn't bother to read all comments but there is a article in the newspaper that can not be named here where it says that another Thai passenger filed a complaint at the DLT and the driver will je suspended for 30 days while the company will be fined for violating public safety and failing to activate the GPS device. The details about the amount of the fine have not been made public.

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

130kph. Obviously didn't have his foot down. 120/130kph is about normal for these guys.

p.s. That Thai girl is hotttttttttttttttt.?

She is in the right place to get a lot hotter as well, they tell me the screaming soon "dies" down but the smell of burning human flesh tends to linger in the memory

6 hours ago, CGW said:

So, are you trying to say that the government is doing a great job in producing and keeping "wage slaves" in there rightful place?

Forbid them advancing! then they will want all sorts of things that are forbidden to them, like a functioning government and Police force ? 

You don"t miss what you never had

5 hours ago, rosst said:

A similar thing happened to me and I did get out of the van and after he took off, I felt pretty stupid standing on the side of the motorway until the commanding officer of the local police stopped and picked me up and after I told him I had to get out of the van because I was terrified I would die. 

The officer radioed ahead and had the driver arrested and contacted the company and demanded they pick me up from his office and take me to Pattaya my destination safely which they did. 

How did the return journey pan out

Archived