Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

28 minutes ago, dictater said:

Many years ago a Thai friend of mine was raped by an employee of a small resort on Koh Mok, the man fled in the middle of the night as she had bit into his tongue. I picked her up from the hospital and took her to her uncle's house in Chon Buri who was a high ranking police official at the time. Weeks later I asked if she had ever reported it to the police. She hadn't but her uncle had the hospitals and clinics scoured for a man that had come in that night for stitches in his tongue and according to her, they found him. No charges, no arrest, no trial. He was taken out to sea and put to rest. Case closed. That is the Thai way to deal with rapists. 

This is what the "glee club" posting here are missing. They think everyone who disbelieves the police are 'Thai bashers' but they are only proving their naivety. Either that or their sad minds just live in the gutter...

Whether  the rape occurred or not is irrelevant now; the cover up began without the disputed assault even being reported!  Such is the mindset with certain people in power that the PR machine was put into full motion, in case there really was some proof. In any case, the knight in shining armour was duly appointed lead deflector. Didn't take them too long to come to the conclusion that the girl cannot prove a thing, so best choice of action is to bully, threaten and prance around with puffed out chests?

More like Myanmar every day...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, a total joke all the way around.  Why doesn't he just hop on a plane and bring her back to face charges, as Thai police have free reign throughout the world.  Let's see what happens when a Chinese citizen gets raped~it will happen, and they will have to build a temple for her or something

49 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

My thoughts too Jouec, Im sure they are delighted to hear that victims are encouraged not to report any rape incidents. The island needs some A list celebrity to get behind  it, the British and Australian media doesnt seem to be getting the message across. Oprahs doing nothing nowadays, get her on it.

Indeed where are the BBC (Bangkok) hiding these days? Jonathan Head since his attitude adjustment has been conveniently silenced. Hardly a peep from the limp Head since he and the once powerful corporation and tbeir crack Bangkok law firm ran from an uneducated and corrupt Phuket lawyer. Why do the BBC bother having an office at all? What do tbe staff do all day? Here one of their own is being threatened and abused and the only sound is silence.

although I like this guys crime busting efforts he is way off base with this

Rape cases are very difficult to prove either way and generally need a lot of supporting evidence and witnesses including character witnesses, it is complex

If she is telling lies and that is proven beyond any doubt then she would face charges in any country - but that needs to be solid 

If (big joke) the Thai police want to prove anything perhaps they should be concentrating their efforts to prove that she was indeed assaulted robbed and raped, the convenient lack of CCTV on that Island is highly suspect, seems to me there is stuff going on there that they don't want recorded, having operating effective CCTV on Kho Tao would go a long to ensuring tourist confidence and safety

1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

They invite her or they blacklist her? The right hand and the left hand seem to be operated by two different sides of an incompetent brain. Any 'goodwill' is clearly long gone. She will of course never return in case she is jailed for computer crimes or a breach of national security. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Maj-Gen Surachate said if it can be shown that she lied then she will be banned from entering Thailand for life.

That was the actual statement used in the OP. I don't think there is any confusion between the invite to present proof and being banned if proven that she lied.

Sort of 'up to her' now which way to go.

9 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

That was the actual statement used in the OP. I don't think there is any confusion between the invite to present proof and being banned if proven that she lied.

Sort of 'up to her' now which way to go.

The RTP have already declared the results of their investigation.

The only reason to make the current statement is intimidation of the witness.Retract her allegations or suffer the consequences.

BJ after making the statements to the media and British Embassy cannot afford to be proven wrong now. If the rape allegation evidence contradicts the RTP public stated comments , it is the end of his career.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachate added: "Thirty five million tourists come to Thailand each year making it the third most visited place on earth. We want to separate the quality tourists from those that are no good". 

35 million and 30% ++/- make up  the majority of the numbers from a single race. He better get ready to call the Red beast his new Master ( After small p) as China is not a friend just coming and investing here for no reason. Look at Sri Lanka and Cambodia now. The Chinese people are buying property like its going out of style, and so by this they move in and take over in numbers this way. Thailand's days are numbered. 

Beeing on Big Jokes blacklist is just a joke by itself....you think somebody is scared beeing on a Thai blacklist? How many other wonderful countries are in this world to visit.

And yes TWO foreigners were lying. If so how many hundred thousands are lying, Thais and foreigners. Ok blacklist them all and Thailand is empty!!!!!!!

So what a <deleted> of a more stupid story and action from Thai autorothies..

That's the big laugh!!!

We demand the evidence to support your claim that a crime we say cannot have happened, might have actually happened, so we can bury it. And if you do not come back and risk being killed off for being an inconvenience, rather like happened to your predecessors then we will ban you from coming back anyway. What? The risk of being killed is why you fled after the local police ignored you? Well then, case closed. Nothing to see here. Move on............

Certainly a big joke.

Of course the risk that a slightly more credible force might decide to test the evidence against the DNA from the previous crime - now I suspect that has someone worried.

Is it Up to the police to decide punishment (lifetime ban)?

If she wanted victims fund money, how come according to Koh tao police she didn't mention being raped during initial report? Surely any scam involving getting access to victim fund money would include her reporting the rape initially? Or is she playing some type of 4d chess that I can't see?

Surely Big Joke who has decided to take the role of judge as well as media reporter and investigator would understand that accusing someone of being a liar should come with a proposal of motive for the lying..... Did I miss it? What is it?

Let's say that we should trust the Koh tao police (huge stretch), then she first didn't report rape and then she claimed rape.

A scammer would planned it for some time and would have a straight story.

A rape victim however is going through all types of mental break downs.. for lack of better terms.. first failing to report to a couple of arrogant looking pigs (my imagination) is completely <deleted> understandable.. I don't even report when my car gets damaged because I don't want to deal with those "people" they call police.

46 minutes ago, Nip said:

Indeed where are the BBC (Bangkok) hiding these days? Jonathan Head since his attitude adjustment has been conveniently silenced. Hardly a peep from the limp Head since he and the once powerful corporation and tbeir crack Bangkok law firm ran from an uneducated and corrupt Phuket lawyer. Why do the BBC bother having an office at all? What do tbe staff do all day? Here one of their own is being threatened and abused and the only sound is silence.

The BBC and Jonathan Head have more guts than any other major news media organization or most on this forum.  I doubt that anyone living in Thailand would dare to post their full names in a letter to the Bkk Post accusing the Thai Police of a cover-up of the alleged Koh Tao rape case.  

I would come down in favour of the girl on this one and so yes, it is rather worrying why they are going to such great lengths to publicly destroy her. My first question would be, both her and Martin filed a complaint of being drugged and having their personal belongings, including an iPhone stolen. I believe, maybe wrongly that apple can track a modern iPhone, so the question is, where are their stolen personal effects and what progress have the police made with this complaint? The furore that Big Joke is creating is nicely covering up the fact that a crime was reported and yet we hear no progress on this at all. This is at the crux of the argument, if you can prove that they were drugged and robbed then you can believe that she was also raped. Any half decent investigator could have made remarkable progress on the original complaint.

It's a twisted world out there.

Maybe, just maybe she is actually lying or not telling the complete story - there is no shortage of attention whores who'd do anything for a splash in the tabloids.

All we have is her testimony that she was raped - maybe she was shitfaced and horny and wanted a roll in the hay with one of the island boys.

False claims of rapes do happen.

It's only confirmation bias regarding Koh Tao that is leading us to assume she was a rape victim as well - not hard evidence.

Maj

Maj-Gen Surachate said if it can be shown that she lied then she will be banned from entering Thailand for life.

This would suggest that the aim was to make a lier out of her rather than investigate the truth or the crime

That they were  looking to prove she lied rather than what actually happened 

2 hours ago, Darcula said:

Imagine anyone being on Big Jokes' blacklist. How could anyone live with that kind of trauma of never being able to visit the land of smiles again!

Unfortunately its quickly becoming more like The Land of Piles,   full of hemorrhoids like this fool,  whom are nothing more than painful flatulence and a pain in the a**e.   What country in the world would condone a senior police officer attempting to blackmail an alleged assault victim,  by threats such as this ?  Not of course would any rape victim ever wish to return to a country where rape and murder are covered up. Big Joke sadly is not the right word for it. Perverting the course of justice is a crime elsewhere but appears to be a pastime here sadly.

4 minutes ago, varun said:

It's a twisted world out there.

Maybe, just maybe she is actually lying or not telling the complete story - there is no shortage of attention whores who'd do anything for a splash in the tabloids.

All we have is her testimony that she was raped - maybe she was shitfaced and horny and wanted a roll in the hay with one of the island boys.

False claims of rapes do happen.

It's only confirmation bias regarding Koh Tao that is leading us to assume she was a rape victim as well - not hard evidence.

I think most likely she was raped. It's the simplest explanation. It fits completely. Imagine how hard it could be to report a rape to Thai cops.. men too probably ... And then she finally reported it once she calmed down a little from the schock etc.

Your idea fits too. But I think rape fits better.

If she just had some drunk sex she probably would have been embarrassed and not reported it. Unless she is psycho. IMHO. Which is plausible. But she got raped is even more plausible.

7 minutes ago, hobz said:

I think most likely she was raped. It's the simplest explanation. It fits completely. Imagine how hard it could be to report a rape to Thai cops.. men too probably ... And then she finally reported it once she calmed down a little from the schock etc.

Your idea fits too. But I think rape fits better.

If she just had some drunk sex she probably would have been embarrassed and not reported it. Unless she is psycho. IMHO. Which is plausible. But she got raped is even more plausible.

plus its a little more plausible as it wasn't just rape that has been claimed, it was anal rape which somehow to me would not be consistent with someone 'making it up'

wow the thirt most visited country he said,i dont think so.2017 stat

1 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 89.8 million 82.7 million Increase 8.8 Decrease 2.2
2 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 82.2 million 75.6 million Increase 9.2 Increase 10.3
3 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 72.9 million 75.6 million Decrease 4.0 Decrease 2.1
4 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 60.7 million 59.3 million Increase 2.5 Increase 4.2
5 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 58.3 million 52.4 million Increase 11.2 Increase 3.2
6 23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico 39.3 million 35.1 million Increase 12.0 Increase 9.3
7 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 37.7 million 35.8 million Increase 5.1 Increase 4.0
8 23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey 37.6 million 30.3 million Increase 24.1 Decrease 23.3
9 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 37.5 million 35.6 million Increase 5.1 Increase 1.8
10 23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png Thailand 35.6 million

Err... go ahead. I'm not sure she's going to be overly concerned even if you extended that ban to her family and friends. It's not like she or anyone near her are in a hurry to visit Thailand in this lifestime - that is - if what she claimed happened to her is true. Stop making all these face-saving (not!) empty threats - banning people from Thailand, suing editors etc. Really, stop making yourself into a bigger JOKE than you already are. Not that you're funny, for a start.

As for quality tourists, it's not that you're not getting any. You and your lot are just bent on milking and scamming every last satang from them and that's what's driving them and keeping them away. Keep operating like this and all you'll ever get are low-quality low-lifes. Quite like yourselves, come to think of it.

Archived