Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

24 minutes ago, varun said:

It's a twisted world out there.

Maybe, just maybe she is actually lying or not telling the complete story - there is no shortage of attention whores who'd do anything for a splash in the tabloids.

All we have is her testimony that she was raped - maybe she was shitfaced and horny and wanted a roll in the hay with one of the island boys.

False claims of rapes do happen.

It's only confirmation bias regarding Koh Tao that is leading us to assume she was a rape victim as well - not hard evidence.

The actions of visiting and requesting medical examination on return to UK is not typical of someone making it up.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jouec said:

Look at all the badges, he's a tourist cop for god's sake?

Apparenly he's a paratrooper, navigator, special forces, superspy and wizard ice cream eater too!

If the RTP have to qualify for all those toy ribbons, no wonder hat they have no time to do any police work!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke that is what you are a big joke, talking bs all the time, you are tourist police, nothing else.

You are threatening a girl for what reason? She has brought the spotlight on to the goings on which the authorities here dont want people to know about.

Big show Big Joke goes to the island finds no evidence why? Because you never looked for any, thats why, cover up just the usual c++p blame the victim, discredit her just so Thailand comes out smelling of roses.

"...you are tourist police, nothing else".

Well, nothing else than a RTP officer, then.

"You are threatening a girl for what reason? She has brought the spotlight on to the goings on which the authorities here dont want people to know about".

He is not threatening the girl, he is stating that if she refuses to be questioned about an allegation she has not made, her mother made it, and there is no evidence to back up her case, which at this stage there is not (the T-shirt hasn't been produced, remember), justifiably there could be consequences.

"...discredit her just so Thailand comes out smelling of roses".

At this stage in this case, there seems to be no rational reason for Thailand not to come up smelling of roses.   The girl refuses to be questioned, doesn't she?

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

The actions of visiting and requesting medical examination on return to UK is not typical of someone making it up.

A medical examination is rather unlikely to prove anything after such a long time unless the alleged victim had never been sexually active.

The only reason would be to provide a hair sample, which may reveal any drug that was in the bloodstream at the time of the alleged assault.

There are quite a few cases of people claiming to be victims of crime when no such crime occurred. Is the alleged victim one of these or did a crime actually take place? I, and virtually everyone else responding, do not know. 

At the moment there are reports from 2 newspapers that are not renowned for the amount of checking done before publishing. 

If the claim was false the the reported response is rather mild. 

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So, if a girl is raped by a local, reports it to the police who cannot find sufficient evidence, she is a liar and will be prosecuted. I wonder what the attitude be if this happened to a Thai lass whilst abroad, if you could find a country with such a laughable police force as here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That sir is a fine point.

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So, if a girl is raped by a local, reports it to the police who cannot find sufficient evidence, she is a liar and will be prosecuted. I wonder what the attitude be if this happened to a Thai lass whilst abroad, if you could find a country with such a laughable police force as here.

Was this girl raped?  Was there a local responsible? Where's the evidence for any of that?

She did not report it. If she had reported it perhaps she would have offered the t-shirt evidence to the police but, no she "kept it" to take home.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, big threat.

What rape victim doesn't want to return to the place where they were violently assaulted, then vilified and blamed by the authorities as part of a cover up?

She has been offered the facility of being interviewed in London, she hasn't taken that up either.  Wonder why?

Guys like him obtain their positions from what we call in the West, the 'old boys network ' It most certainly is not based on intelligence or ability.

Key positions in the RTP are bought, traded, bribed and the guys who end up in these positions all depend on who is the flavour of the month and running the country.

The guy is clueless, hence the need for a TV crew, make up artist, newspapers and a massive entourage of nitwits masquerading as detectives following him around.

The only thing he needs now is the police to be at the ready with pencils and paper, so they can rub out and alter the facts, and to write down his every word, and he could be a stand-in for Kim Jong Un.

A real policeman would not find it necessary to draw on public adulation, they would simply get on with the job in hand but that is alien to these guys.

I find it difficult to believe that the girl cut short her holiday, got back to the UK, reported it immediately to the police she felt she could trust, handed over evidence to the same police to check for DNA, all for no apparent reason? There was nil advantage, no insurance scam, just a lot of negative publicity, why would she do that?

In contrast, we have seen this clown of a policeman go down again to Koh Tao, walk around an empty beach, probably spoke to the hostel owner and TOLD HER WHAT TO SAY, a quick chat with the local durian seller, and ' Bob's your uncle, aunts your fanny' no crime committed.

He then proceeds with character assassination against the girl of 19 years old, who is probably extremely traumatized by the whole affair, threatens to ban her from a place she has no intention of returning to, calls her a liar, all this is to gain the upper hand by bullying and for news and public consumption and to gain merit awards from his bosses.

He then finally sets out to arrest those who put the Facebook story together and the SAMUI TIMES EDITOR for publishing a story in the public interest. I mean is not as though these things don't happen on Koh Tao now, is it?

What a plonker of the highest order!

Thailand trying unsuccessfully to do another holiday from hell  cover up, come to the holiday paradise where your safety is our priority but never complain that anything criminal has happened to you, or we will bar you from ever coming back especially if we suspect you have told a lie how many times have I been told 'Love you Long time' and that only lasts until the airport   

41 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I did a search directly on the websites of both The Telegraph and The Guardian to see what they had to say about the 'alleged' rape as covered extensively in The Sun, The Mirror, and The Daily Mail.

No results found.

One problem is that many ( jumping on their click bait high horses ) have no idea about the total lies and fabrications that the gutter press in the UK uses to sell their  fabulous publications.

The punters lap up the seedy side of Thailand ( paedophiles, hookers, ladyboys , full moon parties etc etc ) it’s all exotic, not available to most .

They pay a great deal of money to those making and embellishing stories ( the crocodile skull $5000 story- was only because he was young, good looking and had a decent body - they lap it up)

Have any of you key board Thai bashing warriors ever considered the whole rape thing is total bulls**t - yet another wonderful citizen totally off her face on drugs and alcohol? 

Would have been much better to commit to getting to the truth rather than a shot over the bow suggesting she's lying because they haven't found any evidence that she's telling the truth.

Way to dig yourself into a corner where either people won't come just in case, or they won't come because it turns out she was telling the truth.  It's thought that most rape cases are not reported around the world already.  This isn't helping.  It takes a strong person to take on authorities/media/social branding after a what would I imagine be a very traumatic experience.

1 hour ago, korkenzieher said:

We demand the evidence to support your claim that a crime we say cannot have happened, might have actually happened, so we can bury it. And if you do not come back and risk being killed off for being an inconvenience, rather like happened to your predecessors then we will ban you from coming back anyway. What? The risk of being killed is why you fled after the local police ignored you? Well then, case closed. Nothing to see here. Move on............

Certainly a big joke.

Of course the risk that a slightly more credible force might decide to test the evidence against the DNA from the previous crime - now I suspect that has someone worried.

She been offered the opportunity to be interviewed in London.  She hasn't accepted that either.

Many years ago a Thai friend of mine was raped by an employee of a small resort on Koh Mok, the man fled in the middle of the night as she had bit into his tongue. I picked her up from the hospital and took her to her uncle's house in Chon Buri who was a high ranking police official at the time. Weeks later I asked if she had ever reported it to the police. She hadn't but her uncle had the hospitals and clinics scoured for a man that had come in that night for stitches in his tongue and according to her, they found him. No charges, no arrest, no trial. He was taken out to sea and put to rest. Case closed. That is the Thai way to deal with rapists. 
That's the way they solve such cases in the Philippines. I could also give you some examples. OK, if the rapist is unknown the police investigation is rather useless. But if he is known, the family of the victim will take care if it and do what has to be done. Unlike in my home country Sweden. The rapist paradise in the world. I could not live there anymore. No way. Too risky I could become a killer.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Bit like the girl perhaps, then?

Maybe so, but what if it comes out she is telling the truth? 

Why would he release a statement like this? A person in power doesn't need to be banding threats like this around. It is embarrassing.

Last week it was case closed according to him. Leave it and move on. 

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

I would come down in favour of the girl on this one and so yes, it is rather worrying why they are going to such great lengths to publicly destroy her. My first question would be, both her and Martin filed a complaint of being drugged and having their personal belongings, including an iPhone stolen. I believe, maybe wrongly that apple can track a modern iPhone, so the question is, where are their stolen personal effects and what progress have the police made with this complaint? The furore that Big Joke is creating is nicely covering up the fact that a crime was reported and yet we hear no progress on this at all. This is at the crux of the argument, if you can prove that they were drugged and robbed then you can believe that she was also raped. Any half decent investigator could have made remarkable progress on the original complaint.

"... both her and Martin filed a complaint of being drugged and having their personal belongings, including an iPhone stolen.

They didn't, the items were reported lost, not stolen, big difference.  Bit like the difference between being raped and just claiming to have been raped.

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

I don't think she would have left Thailand if this is what she was after , more likely the thought of remaining where she alleges she was raped was to much to handle and had to leave . 

And if so, the thought of being "banned for life" from Thailand is probably top of her list of priorities (NOT!)

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

She has been offered the facility of being interviewed in London, she hasn't taken that up either.  Wonder why?

Her treatment on Koh Tao would be a likely reason.

The shame that many rape victims feel is often a reason they do not report the crime.

The psychological trauma involved with not only the rape, but the recalling of it and the impact of scum who blame the victim.

If you want more reasons why not google on the subject.

You may, for once, learn something.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

And if she is telling the truth.....what will happen then....nowt !

regards Worgeordie

:wai:
if someone bothers to listen what a girl has to say,
then investigates,  and following that cannot but conclude that the allegations are true,
within the statute of limitations that is, otherwise not even a 
 :wai:

Archived