Problem solved: Thai man swears he won’t touch Cambodian wife’s lottery windfall

webfact

Problem solved: Thai man swears he won’t touch Cambodian wife’s lottery windfall

By The Nation

cam.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A dispute between a Cambodian woman and her Thai husband in Rayong was resolved on Monday when the man gave his word in front of police that he wouldn’t touch the Bt6 million she’d won in a lottery.

Paitoon, 39, whose surname was withheld, told police he only signed his name to the back of his wife’s two first-prize-winning lottery tickets in case they were misplaced and someone else tried to claim them.

He had no intention of demanding a share in the winnings, he said.

The signatures are what sent Huen, 38, to the police station on Sunday. She said he refused to let her sign either ticket.

But she bought them with her own money, was in Thailand legally and bought the tickets legally and her husband had no right to share in the proceeds, she said.

She’d called him home on Saturday to tell him she’d won big and he immediately signed his name on the tickets, Huen said.

“I swear I just signed them to prevent them from getting lost,” Paitoon insisted to police, and his wife could keep all the money.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353596

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-03

4 minutes ago, missoura said:

Could be true. In my family the wife does seems to keep most of the money anyway...

Simply because no Thai women ever trusts a Thai man ,  never mind a Cambodian unlucky enough to have married one.  But still her luck has changed now by the looks of it.

The fact that he signed them seems quite normal after the lottery fiasco recently .
But, the fact that he refused to let her sign them is suspect and she did the right thing by involving the police and media.

Maybe she will relent and lend him a couple of hundred baht !! [emoji51]

Archived