Customs Office in Sa Kaeo confiscates 49 million baht worth of counterfeit products

webfact

Customs Office in Sa Kaeo confiscates 49 million baht worth of counterfeit products

PNECO610903001000201.jpg

SA KAEO, 3 September 2018, (NNT) - The Customs Office in Aranyaprathet District of Thailand's Sa Kaeo Province has handed over 170,000 items of counterfeit products to the Department of Intellectual Property. 

Attending the handing over ceremony were officials from the Aranyaprathet Customs Office, the local Immigration Office, military and police, the Provincial Commerce Office and the Provincial Administrative Organization. 

According to the officials, the counterfeit items were confiscated from 127 cases. These pirated products are worth 49 million baht.. 

The Aranyaprathet Customs Office said it had confiscated about 92,000 counterfeit items worth at least 16 million baht in 2017 fiscal year. The office seized about 200,000 of such items worth 53 million baht from October 2017 - July 2018.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-03

These pirated products are worth 49 million baht..

Is that the street value of the pirated copies or the value of what they would be if they were real.

As the RTP are prone to using the figures which make them look better I would presume that the real value of the haul would be worth nowhere near 49 million baht.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Oops! I honestly, honestly misread 'confiscates' as 'confesses to'.

I must have been here too long, expecting what it might be about to say. It wasn't wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 2:14 AM, secondfusilier said:

These pirated products are worth 49 million baht..

Is that the street value of the pirated copies or the value of what they would be if they were real.

As the RTP are prone to using the figures which make them look better I would presume that the real value of the haul would be worth nowhere near 49 million baht.

Customs will usually give the MSRP of what the genuine goods would go for.

Archived