Serious flood warning along major rivers in Thailand

webfact

21 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

But Udon is NOT Nong Khai,Sunny & Blue skies here today....But I'll guarantee it'll Piss down around 10pm Tonight or maybe even before ....

I look at the radar most days http://weather.tmd.go.th/kknLoop.php I do realise that UT is indeed not NK ? there has been a lot of rain in that area this year from what I have observed, most times I look at the radar there has been rain!

For the record it is $issing down here in UT right now, one of the bigger rains we have had all year.

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

For folks living in Saraburi and Pathumthani, the Nan river will be the one to watch. It is also an important tributary of the Chao Praya River and can affect Bangkok of flooded excessively and Bhumibol dam reached its limit. 

Yes I remember well in 2010 in Pathum Thani. ...3 months with a metre of smelly brown leech infested waters lying around and in the house.

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

For folks living in Saraburi and Pathumthani, the Nan river will be the one to watch. It is also an important tributary of the Chao Praya River and can affect Bangkok of flooded excessively and Bhumibol dam reached its limit. 

I guess over past few millenia that the flood waters wandered down to the gulf. ..but now  a million condo and hotel and industrial sites built on the swamps lakes and other natural waterways have blocked their path. .not to forget a huge airport!

Archived