Thai boyfriend faints in tears as Frenchman, 80, leaps to his death

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kwan said:

OK lets cut to the chase - View Talay 2B - Jomtien Facing - to the right of the front entrance - does it matter - very sad - many ill informed/guesswork and callous suggestions posted. 

By not including it in the news, it makes it matter more. It's a matter of fact thing to mention in news report.

36 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

A 38-year-old "boy"? Hardly.

And what business would that be of an ex-wife anyway?

Yes I agree a 38 year old being described as a boy is odd but by Thai standards of maturity he is probably just that.  As for the Wife then we do not know who divorced who.  If the old man divorced his wife due to his infatuation with this male person  then it could well be his ex wife still cared and loved her ex husband and is/was worried about the infatuation and where it could lead.  This being the case then the problems with the wife, claimed by this Thai, could well be a cover up and the Thai whatever, boy, man, have now been proven  to show that the ex wife's concerns  were well founded.  The Thai man should be interogated as something  smells bad about this story.

51 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

A 38-year-old "boy"? Hardly.

And what business would that be of an ex-wife anyway?

Apologies I call all Guys boys. Anyway. Ex wife? ex doesn’t mean gone 5555

*as he obviously knew as he was having problems with her still, apparently 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I agree. Which SPECIFIC building?

Is there some legal problem with naming it?

It's called NEWS. That means actual facts and information.

That would include the specific condo building.

Yes I wonder why  condos/hotels /guest houses don't get named .

" Man exits condo in Asia , the country has not been named " OK a bit OTT . Maybe the locals/the condo owners think it is unlucky to live in a place where someone dies so if named they sue. And we know how they believe in ghosts here.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please, dude.

Calling a male partner boyfriend OF ANY AGE is a standard thing, for gay and straight relationships.

"Boyfriend" yes. It's a real word. But in this case the word used was just "boy" and that does not apply to 38-year-olds in my book.

3 hours ago, kwan said:

OK lets cut to the chase - View Talay 2B - Jomtien Facing - to the right of the front entrance - does it matter - very sad - many ill informed/guesswork and callous suggestions posted. 

Can any one explain why the View Talay buildings have more than their fair share of jumpers?.....

Looking at Pattaya from the ferry you can see lots of other high buildings in Pattaya...

49 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Can any one explain why the View Talay buildings have more than their fair share of jumpers?.....

Looking at Pattaya from the ferry you can see lots of other high buildings in Pattaya...

There are many of them and each one has masses of people. There is no evidence on a per capita basis that there are more jumpers from that brand of condos than others. I get it that it may superficially seem so.  It would like saying that most people in a small town buy their TP at Walmart. Because they're BIG. 

7 hours ago, Esso49 said:

I'm not surprised the 80 year old was having problems with his ex wife when she found out he was living with a 38 year old Thai man. 

If she is his ex-wife then it is no longer any of her business and if life with her had been pleasant he probably would still be alive in France.

10 hours ago, Happy enough said:

“His boyfriend had shown no signs of depression though he did have some problems with an ex wife in France”

maybe something to do with him being shacked up for the past year with a thai boy half his age in pattaya??

Most wives don't appreciate it when the husband starts batting for the other team.... ?

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Problems with his ex, boyfriend probably pestering him for money, money give me now.

Poor man just had enough, and took the only way out he could think of.

So you knew him then? I doubt it, so why speculate?

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Lucky that he left a note in French. I’m presuming that it was a suicide note? If so that clears the boyfriend. I wonder if this is happening as frequently in the West but is just not reported? The suicide rate of foreigners in Thailand is troubling.

If there is a lack of reporting suicides in the west it can only be because of a lack of interest

Nothing strange about the number of suicides in Thailand involving foreigners either I am afraid, age, health and their financial situation etc etc needs to be taken into consideration for many

6 hours ago, kwan said:

Oh the trials and tribulations of an open forum, frequented by such a mixed bag of contributors 

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a sad/ tragic way to go, R.I.P. sir, hope you are now at peace.

Problems with his ex, boyfriend probably pestering him for money, money give me now.

Poor man just had enough, and took the only way out he could think of.

"boyfriend probably pestering him for money"

Why evidence do you have for this comment?  Please share.

You often write things pretty much demanding people respect you, but you have no respect for others.

Sad.

Just now, scorecard said:

"boyfriend probably pestering him for money"

Why evidence do you have for this comment?  Please share.

You often write things pretty much demanding people respect you, but you have no respect for others.

Sad.

What do you think a young gay Thai guy was hanging out with an octogenarian for? 

Just now, Ks45672 said:

What do you think a young gay Thai guy was hanging out with an octogenarian for? 

Horses for courses, it works in all directions, sometimes very genuine, sometimes out for the spoils, in every society in every country, I very much doubt you know the full circumstances of this case. 

Just now, scorecard said:

Horses for courses, it works in all directions, sometimes very genuine, sometimes out for the spoils, in every society in every country, I very much doubt you know the full circumstances of this case. 

I don't know all the facts

I just have my doubts it was "true love" 

Archived