Dancing traffic cop lowering stress levels in Thailand's south

webfact

Dancing traffic cop lowering stress levels in Thailand's south

4pm_VID.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a dancing cop who was doing his bit to create good feelings between the police and the public while on traffic duty near a Pangnga kindergarten.

The reporters found Pol Lt Theerapong Srisakda of the Muang Pangnga police strutting his stuff with some fancy moves.

He was clearly a man with music in his heart.

Theerapong said he had been a traffic cop for 20 years - he does the dancing to encourage smiles, create good feelings and relieve stress of road users. They could do with that as the area has a lot of traffic jams.

Local teacher Nareuthai Jittaphan praised the cop for doing a good job and making the children and parents who come to Pangnga Anuban school smile from ear to ear.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-04

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

Theerapong said he had been a traffic cop for 20 years - he does the dancing to encourage smiles, create good feelings and relieve stress of road users. They could do with that as the area has a lot of traffic jams. 

Local teacher Nareuthai Jittaphan praised the cop for doing a good job and making the children and parents who come to Pangnga Anuban school smile from ear to ear.

I think it's a good idea. :smile:   Hope he can pass a urine/blood test if requested.

........"and this is the sort of person enforcing the thai laws......unbelievable ,the clown uniform would be far more appropriate dress. From the hand movements whats goin on go left ,right ,up down ??? Is this a fit?? The other members of the force of course consider this perfectly acceptable and normal ,meanwhile the numbers of deaths on thai roads are at there highest peak even to say worlds no1 most deadliest. Easy to see why. Great to see the Thai government cracking down with such serious actions to the problem . Thank god my kids arent growing up in an area where policing and administrating directions to save lives are taken with such seriousness!

Have seen videos of cops in other countries doing something similar, makes everyone's day. provides a friendly face of the police to children. Personally, I think he's a legend, really nice to see.

The RTP get a really bad press on this forum, undeserved in my opinion. I have come in contact with them a couple of times in their professional capacity, many times socially and once had a drinking session with them. Always found them amenable, courteous and polite, and, above all, up for a laugh.

Get to know these guys and I'm sure you will like them.

9 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Good job.

Next Stop, put a busty young female officer in a tight skirt golden winged uniform,  who would be twerking....high side effects (and a few accidents) guaranteed !!! ?

Once saw a female cop walking down the street in Palermo, Sicily. Huge mane of blond hair cascadind down from a little police cap perched jauntily on her head. Had a face and figure to die for and had obviously altered her police skirt as it fitted her like a second skin. To aid the serious sway that she was getting from her hips, she was wearing a pair of...….RED STILLETOS!

As I watched her, I thought to myself, "Only in Sicily, potless but pure class".

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Have seen videos of cops in other countries doing something similar, makes everyone's day. provides a friendly face of the police to children. Personally, I think he's a legend, really nice to see.

The RTP get a really bad press on this forum, undeserved in my opinion. I have come in contact with them a couple of times in their professional capacity, many times socially and once had a drinking session with them. Always found them amenable, courteous and polite, and, above all, up for a laugh.

Get to know these guys and I'm sure you will like them.

Where I lived in the UK, during the annual air show when traffic is reeeeeelly bad, the police dress as clowns and the like hoping to prevent any road rage etc.  Definitely seemed to work.  Nobody got angry!

Have a look at 41 seconds in.......The provocative innuendos he displays to the young Girl crossing the road is hilarious, though I am sure it is not intentional.....at least it brightens his day, an she walks on with eyes straight forward...LOL )))),

On 9/4/2018 at 2:37 PM, ThaiTrav said:

........"and this is the sort of person enforcing the thai laws......unbelievable ,the clown uniform would be far more appropriate dress. From the hand movements whats goin on go left ,right ,up down ??? Is this a fit?? The other members of the force of course consider this perfectly acceptable and normal ,meanwhile the numbers of deaths on thai roads are at there highest peak even to say worlds no1 most deadliest. Easy to see why. Great to see the Thai government cracking down with such serious actions to the problem . Thank god my kids arent growing up in an area where policing and administrating directions to save lives are taken with such seriousness!

one thing missing is A WHISTLE !!

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

one thing missing is A WHISTLE !!

No, I enjoyed the guy in the video. However there's a little fat traffic cop who directs traffic at a junction, near my house, at peak times every day. Blows his whistle incessantly for a full hour. Really annoying. Strange thing is that he is sometimes deputised by a younger guy who spends the full hour sat on his bike, parked on the pavement, playing with his phone and when he's on duty, traffic flows much more freely.

Archived