Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! says top lawyer if your bank savings go missing

webfact

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! says top lawyer if your bank savings go missing

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Top online lawyer Ratchaphon Sirisakhon has told the Thai public not to stress out if their bank savings go missing.

The banks have to return all your money - that's the law he said citing rules number 672 and 659 of civil and trading codes.

But he warned that banks these days were often trying to wriggle their way out of the responsibility of paying by issuing various regulations.

If no agreement can be found the customer should take the bank to court - they are likely to rule that the bank must return all money to the saver.

Daily News commented that the stress caused by losing money from one's account can be severe not to mention the time lost in rectifying the problem.

Mr Mainwaring was head of a platoon in the BBC's popular sitcom Dad's Army; Corporal Jones played by actor Clive Dunn made the "Don't Panic" catchphrase his own.

It is often used in situations when there is no real need for alarm.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-04
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The banks have to return all your money - that's the law he said

Good luck with that one.

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

If no agreement can be found the customer should take the bank to court

Oh wait, but you can always waste some more money on a TOP lawyer.

More marvelously useless advice from the lawyer out of touch with reality. On every single occasion I have seen where money has gone missing, the bank has point blank refused to pay, and, while I know lots of lawyers, I don't know any who will take on a bank.

Don't stress.....it's only money,and i am sure

your friendly neighborhood bank will swiftly

recompense you ,AFTER they have done everything

to try and prove it was your own fault.

Banks,Lawyers and Insurance Co. don't trust any of them

regards worgeordie

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Top online lawyer Ratchaphon Sirisakhon has told the Thai public not to stress out if their bank savings go missing.

Captain had a saying of his own ..

IMG_20180904_041202.jpg

For the banks to return lost money to someone's account would be like admitting that they were at fault in the first place. And how often does anyone do that in Thailand?  I guess there's a first time for everything :coffee1:

Of course Mr Mainwaring was actually a bank manager so maybe...….

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Top online lawyer Ratchaphon Sirisakhon has told the Thai public not to stress out if their bank savings go missing hair goes missing.

I'm guessing the reason he's a 'top lawyer' is due having no hair on the top of his head?

Perhaps 'slaphead lawyer' would be more appropriate.

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

It worries me that even the topic is broached.

I would have thought it impossible that your money just disappears.

In Thailand it is possible for your money to 'disappear' in a multitude of ways.  After all; this is 'The Land of Scams' !

Scams may happen in Thailand, I know, involving police and authorities but it's amazing the banks work close to int. Standards. I would have thought police would conspire with banks  to try and scam but somehow they are respected and left alone to serve the community without any hickups. Well done to the banks. You deserve all the money in the world

"But he warned that banks these days were often trying to wriggle their way out of the responsibility of paying by issuing various regulations." ??? And who will win do you think ??? ..T.I.T., this is Thailand a country where corruption is so endemic it is encouraged in schools !!!

Archived