Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! says top lawyer if your bank savings go missing

webfact

13 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

If the bank has took all your money..... how on earth are you going to afford to start legal proceedings and take the bank to court?

Plus you might make the bank look bad and damage its reputation so might get arrested and charged with deformation.  

Just what does a deformed bank look like?

Are the doors too small, the counters too high?

(sorry!)

Bankok Bank losr a substantial amount of my monies in Cyberspace for 3Days. Credit too them , the compensation more than exceeded my expectations and i hadn’t asked for any. Have not Lawyers lost the Status they had even 50 years ago.They seem to be proud of getting the Guilty Off on some tec point.⚖️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In early February 2017 I had 200,000 thb stolen from my Kasikorn Bank account..I have sent countless emails to Kasikorn since then also been  in touch with  BOT after a learned the Ombudsman could not help with financial/bank problems.

I've returned to Thailand on two occasions to try and get things sorted out and make police statements but to date a police investigation is yet to even start!

Kasikorn Bank have told me to deal directly with the police which is not easy as I do not live in Thailand and speak no Thai, so have to use an Interpreter when I call. The last time I called to see if there was any progress the Leitenant in charge of my case told me he was still waiting for some papers from Kasikorn Bank,  I informed Kasikorn of this some 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing since...which is normal for them to keep me waiting weeks in-between emails.

I'm not a Thai citizen and no way am I currently in a position to hire a lawyer ect...so where to go from here?

21 hours ago, Wastingmytime said:

In early February 2017 I had 200,000 thb stolen from my Kasikorn Bank account..I have sent countless emails to Kasikorn since then also been  in touch with  BOT after a learned the Ombudsman could not help with financial/bank problems.

I've returned to Thailand on two occasions to try and get things sorted out and make police statements but to date a police investigation is yet to even start!

Kasikorn Bank have told me to deal directly with the police which is not easy as I do not live in Thailand and speak no Thai, so have to use an Interpreter when I call. The last time I called to see if there was any progress the Leitenant in charge of my case told me he was still waiting for some papers from Kasikorn Bank,  I informed Kasikorn of this some 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing since...which is normal for them to keep me waiting weeks in-between emails.

I'm not a Thai citizen and no way am I currently in a position to hire a lawyer ect...so where to go from here?

This sounds typical of how red tape works here. But better to post this question in the banking subforum where it will be seen by more people who might have relevant knowledge and be able to advise. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:36 AM, lamyai3 said:

This sounds typical of how red tape works here. But better to post this question in the banking subforum where it will be seen by more people who might have relevant knowledge and be able to advise. 

Ok many thanks, so should I post again in the banking forum?

Archived