Any book stores in Chiang Rai selling books and newspaper in English

MadameM

We went to the bookstores in Central Plaza in the city of Chiang Rai to find them without a newspaper in English -- Bangkok Post or The Nation, much less mention about newspaper from the western. B2S had 3 copies of Bangkok Post - sold out very early and 1 copy of the Nation ordered by one customer. I have the feeling that we may have to drive to Chiang Mai to get a copy of newspaper or book unless somebody knows where in Chiang Rai.

Hi MM - Having lived in a small village for many years, there came to be nothing like having a kindle [or any e-reader]- - book shopping and delivery in seconds and I even like reading on it as I can adjust type size etc... but I would go up to CM and still not be able to find the books I wanted... as to newspapers, also available online and I have found that in my small nearby city, they always at least have a copy of the nation in print form in the lobby of a decent hotel... 

Hi MM  depending what part of the city you are currently staying in. You should be able to go to the local news agent sell all Thai papers and magazines. and request to be put on the list for daily or twice a week Bangkok post or Nation. The small agent in Wiang Chai does this for many Farang in our area. Or as some have stated sign up for online BP and  or Nation. Reasonably priced compared with america. Personally once I got my fiber optic cable in the house  I didn't need to drive into town to get a paper more news and from varied sources than in one paper

Thanks - you all. I will have no problem reading news and stuff online. My husband is a different case -- a pre-boomer generation who still sticks to the touch and smell of the print. I'll keep on looking at places suggested above, or have him subscribe for daily or weekly delivery.

11 hours ago, MadameM said:

Thanks a lot. I'll check it out very soon.

I found it much more convenient to keep up my library membership in Australia, and request e-books on-line as they become available, if I want new releases, otherwise I can order e-books in stock.  I have about 20 books in my Kindle reader.  Easy to carry as there is no weight involved.

You can also have access to international newspapers with a Kindle reader.

2 hours ago, MadameM said:

Thanks - you all. I will have no problem reading news and stuff online. My husband is a different case -- a pre-boomer generation who still sticks to the touch and smell of the print. I'll keep on looking at places suggested above, or have him subscribe for daily or weekly delivery.

I would never have imagined I would prefer the kindle to a physical book... but the most amazing part is the shopping aspect... 

15 hours ago, masuk said:

I found it much more convenient to keep up my library membership in Australia, and request e-books on-line as they become available, if I want new releases, otherwise I can order e-books in stock.  I have about 20 books in my Kindle reader.  Easy to carry as there is no weight involved.

You can also have access to international newspapers with a Kindle reader.

I wish I could convince him. Wish me luck ? 

8 hours ago, MadameM said:

I found Orn's bookstore on the map. Will be there today. Thanks.

KINDLE Paper white suits me, as it has a built-in adjustable light, and you can read in bed, in a plane, even if the lights are out. Font sizes are also adjustable, as is the actual font.

Archived