Last minute tips before pattaya

Mattybyrne88

google and others get weird if you log in to email from Thailand. Be prepared to be challenged with security questions.

tell your credit card companies you are in Thailand.

bring a pen on the plane for filling out forms.

Super Rich is best for exchange rates

make sure you know where you want to go and use google maps and save in "my places", because taxi will not have a clue.

first day go to soi six, route 69 bar, ask for Tuktik. 

4 hours ago, Kurtf said:

What’s the big deal? You’re not traveling around the world for goodness sake. Geez, get a grip and just go and enjoy yourself. If you find you need something you left behind, buy another one. Now you’ll have a back-up back home. People like you drive me crazy. Truly pathetic.

Cheers Kurt. How am I truly pathetic? It's my first time travelling so far alone. Feeling very anxious tbh. 

If you got expensive jewellery .. Don't .. Theft of that is not unknown here .. And if you are gonna use ATM's with yo' plastic try and use the one's located within banks in the shopping centres like Centrale .. Drawing cash off some located in the streets can draw attention .. And the girlies .?Personally I'd say enjoy their company and what they might have to 'erm offer .. But past that as Thin Lizzy once sang ..
IMG_20180905_092325.jpg.4fe701319e9bcb706fe199dc6a7a8b4a.jpg

As they say, if their lips are moving, They Lying...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

You need more money-lots more.

Although he's got plenty available to withdraw, personally I'd bring more pounds or euros in cash. Local rate is so much better, especially when deducting the ATM charges and the bank charges back home. 

8 hours ago, Kurtf said:

What’s the big deal? You’re not traveling around the world for goodness sake. Geez, get a grip and just go and enjoy yourself. If you find you need something you left behind, buy another one. Now you’ll have a back-up back home. People like you drive me crazy. Truly pathetic.

Easy, pal. Matty is doing exactly the right thing -- it's called research. Before going into the unknown, bone up on every bit of information you can get so that you are well prepared. He's picking our brains and not been shy about his callowness, and so we're all rooting for him -- until he can do his own rooting, of course.

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Although he's got plenty available to withdraw, personally I'd bring more pounds or euros in cash. Local rate is so much better, especially when deducting the ATM charges and the bank charges back home. 

Not the case for me. I have a credit card that has zero charges for foreign withdrawals. Go into a bank to make your withdrawal and it costs you nothing.

Uses Mastercard exchange rate which, I have found, usually equals or betters any exchange rate in Thailand.

When buying anything on a credit card, always make it clear that you want to pay in local currency, you get a much better exchange rate.

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol I cannot recall being bitten in decades in Pattaya

To the OP "dont think too much"

Having suffered Dengue fever last year, 3 weeks laid up lost 7kilos.....Dengue this year on the up, I would say its a necessity 

Archived