Northern people warned of early arrival of cold and dry seasons

snoop1130

Methi.png

As several northern provinces continue to be battered with torrential rain which is expected to taper off by the end of this month, the northern meteorological centre on Wednesday issued a warning to northern farmers to conserve water, saying that cold season will come soon to be followed by dry season starting early next year.

Mr Methi Mahayotnan, director of the northern meteorological centre, said Wedesday that combined volume of rainfall in the northern region this was estimated to be less than 600 mm which is about 50 percent less than normal.

He said the rainy season for the North would end sooner with rain expected to ease by the end of this month and substantially ease next month with the onset of the cold season to be followed by dry season.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/northern-people-warned-of-early-arrival-of-cold-and-dry-seasons/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-9-5

23 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

torrential rain which is expected to taper off by the end of this month

23 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

cold season will come soon

Making statements like these is utter nonsense ...!

55 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The brilliance of these highly paid officials is mind blowing. He is telling us that it is raining now but  the rainy season will finish soon and the rain will stop and it won't rain anymore and it will get cold and therefore people will have to put on warm clothes. And after that there will be no rain so therefore it will be dry. These people are professionals at making idiots of themselves.

What would the northern people do without them.

17 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The brilliance of these highly paid officials is mind blowing. He is telling us that it is raining now but  the rainy season will finish soon and the rain will stop and it won't rain anymore and it will get cold and therefore people will have to put on warm clothes. And after that there will be no rain so therefore it will be dry. These people are professionals at making idiots of themselves.

What would the northern people do without them.

Us northern people do not need idiots like this to tell us .... JEEZ LOUISE

yes it was great to see some sun ,I live south outside of town .The nights are getting cooler now , love the cool season . I have woken up some mornings  in this time of the year  and had ice on my windshield , and last year went through a hailstorm . ...grouse ...

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:02 AM, Nyezhov said:

there is no cold season in Thailand. Cold is -40.

It says your location is Bangkok mostly.

You ever been up in the mountains in the NW and NE here in Dec-Jan?

It might not be -40 but it can be cold.

Fortunately for us people who prefer to live ooop north, we actually have 3 seasons unlike in BKK, the surrounding areas,  and further south.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:40 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Hurray! Cool and dry season is the best season of the year.

Rainy season is the only season I like. This year we had an early one. Here's hoping it goes long too.

Cold season is too cold, where I live, and dry season is also hot and smoky season. Rain rarely last more than an hour, and the rest of the day can be cool and the air is fresh.

13 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Rainy season is the only season I like. This year we had an early one. Here's hoping it goes long too.

Cold season is too cold, where I live, and dry season is also hot and smoky season. Rain rarely last more than an hour, and the rest of the day can be cool and the air is fresh.

i love the cols season mate.. live below the mountains and is a little colder than the city .It is so nice to see the fog coming down the mountains. Plus our home is heated , so still walk aroung in shorts and tee shirt . Watch movies in the home theater, as snug as a bug.Love it .

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Cold is places like I have lived in such as New York Canada,  Alaska. So 0 is like a picnic.

For you, yes.

But we are in Thailand, and talking about Thai weather and the Thai people, for which 0 C is not a picnic, and anything below 10 C is cold.

We are not talking about Canada nor Alaska.

I found myself in Harbin in NE China in January once about 25 years ago...never thought that it could get that cold, didn't even wanna see an ambient temperature gauge...

here in central Thailand the cold season is nice...tutsi struts about bare chested and in underpants as the rest of the family huddles under layers of clothing...plus then ye can turn off the AC at night and sleep with yer duvet with just a fan with a considerable savings on the energy bill...

'but tutsi, the kids are freezing...' 'oh yeah? then fire up the BBQ and let's have them fer supper...two birds with one stone, kinda like...warm kids and good eatin'...'

gotta watch the expenses now that I'm 'retired'...

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I know. I merely made the point that while subjectively it may be cold. Objectively it is not. It aint fatal.

Just like when I was having a brewski with a dude who HVACed at McMurdo.....What are you talking about, Alaska isnt cold...Antarctica? Thats cold.

Try peeing in -40. Freezes as it hits the gound. Ya got to pee through your fingers so your tube dont cube so to speak.

Everytime folks whing about how bad Thailand is I remember things like going over the Burlington Skyway in a blizzard.

First, McMurdo isn't really that cold, it's on the coast. Second, Alaska or Winnipeg may be cold to a north american, but they are a picnic (your word) to any Yakutian. I have seen kids playing football on the street and workers building houses at -55, and when it hits -65 things get more interesting than just freezing your pee. I am talking Celsius.

So, back to Thailand's climate?

Archived