'Don't touch me,' U.S. Senator Rubio tells conspiracy theorist Jones

webfact

'Don't touch me,' U.S. Senator Rubio tells conspiracy theorist Jones

2018-09-05T222254Z_1_LYNXNPEE84231_RTROPTP_4_USA-TECH-CONGRESS-RUBIO.JPG

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and Alex Jones are seen in halls of Senate outside social media hearing in Washington, U.S., September 05, 2018 in this still image obtained from social media. Cassandra Fairbanks / The Gateway Pundit/via REUTERS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Don't mess with U.S. Senator Marco Rubio.

The Republican senator was talking to reporters on Wednesday in a Senate hallway about social media companies' role in elections and the spreading and blocking of misinformation, while a man spoke over him and reporters.

The man was conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who has fallen foul of several social media companies for violating their community standards, although Rubio said he did not know who he was.

In a video posted online by a reporter, Jones at one point placed his hand on Rubio's shoulder.

"Don't touch me again, man. I'm asking you not to touch me again," Rubio said.

After Jones protested, Rubio said, "I don't want to be touched. I don't know you. I don't know who you are."

Jones countered, "Oh, you want me to get arrested?"

Rubio replied, "You're not going to get arrested, man. You're not going to get arrested. I'll take care of you myself."

Rubio, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, answered another question from reporters before an aide announced he needed to leave.

Neither Rubio's office nor Infowars immediately responded to requests for comment.

Jones, whose false theories include saying that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax, was on Capitol Hill to watch an intelligence panel hearing on social media and politics.

While he was talking over Rubio earlier, Jones charged Democrats with "purging" conservative voices and Republicans with acting as though this was not happening.

Major technology companies have removed podcasts and channels from Jones, who founded the website Infowars, saying he broke community standards. Twitter <TWTR.N> banned accounts from him and Infowars for seven days last month because of a tweet that violated the social media company's rules against abusive behaviour.

(Reporting by Makini Brice; Editing by Frances Kerry and Leslie Adler)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-06

3 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

My money is on Alex Jones in a match up between him and Rubio. 

On paper, with Alex Jone's roid rage, probably. 

But you never know, he always seemed to be over-compensating for some base-level insecurities, so is probably a total wimp.

He probably could beat up a woman though.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In a video posted online by a reporter, Jones at one point placed his hand on Rubio's shoulder.

"Don't touch me again, man. I'm asking you not to touch me again," Rubio said.

After Jones protested, Rubio said, "I don't want to be touched. I don't know you. I don't know who you are."

Senator Rubio and I agree on this point. I wouldn't want to be touched by Alex Jones. Heck, I don't even want to be within 100 yards of Jones.

Another point, I guess it is okay for Alex Jones to "poke" Senator Rubio in an open hallway but when a father of a shooting victim tries to ask for a polite handshake from a Supreme Court candidate in a closed room, security must get involved. Yeah, no double standards there.

The term "conspiracy theorist"  is inappropriate.

More appropriate adjectives and descriptions are; pathological liar; malicious bully; exploitive slime;  instigator;  opportunistic parasite.

Alex Jones' claims that the Sandy Hook mass murders were  fake and his encouragement of the harassment of grieving  families were evil. Absolute unmitigated evil. For this alone he deserves to be tossed in jail for a long time.

The encouragement of the blood libel against President Bush in respect to 9/11 is a close second to the above.

And yes, Marco Rubio, the physically fit dynamo, could dispose of the obese pudgeball of slime, Jones.

Jordan Klepper's show The Opposition is no longer being aired, I miss it.  He did an impersonation of Jones. 

Marco works out in the gym, I think the closest Jones gets to one is when he slows down to ogle the women as he drives past.  Knock him on his fat ass.  Fat guys like him make a big sound when they hit the ground.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Jones, whose false theories include saying that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax

Looks like Alex will be touched by people he won't welcome.

Recently a Texas judge ruled that the parents of a 2012 mass shooting victim can bring a civil suit Alex Jones for defamation. The case is one of five defamation lawsuits he is facing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45358890

The parents of murdered children say Alex lied, defamed the parents, invaded their privacy and intentionally inflicted emotional distress. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/alex-jones-lawsuits-this-is-not-a-first-amendment-issue-627699/

A couple million dollar civil suit awards might be what Alex needs to chill his rhetoric.

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

I guess it would have been inappropriate for Marco Rubio to say "If you touch me again, I'll take that microphone and shove it so far up your rectum you'll be able to hear your internal organs squeak."

If you want to hear Alex Jones internal organs squeak just listen to any one of his podcasts (especially one on illegal aliens).

Alex Jones’ Mis-Infowars: 7 Bat-Sh*t Conspiracy Theories

While I don't agree 100% of all of what Alex Jones says I would say if he is getting banned by Facebook, Apple etc. then he must be doing something right. He is at least trying to wake up the average cucked Western man to stop letting the whole world walk all over him by telling him who he is supposed to be, what he is supposed to say, and what he is supposed to believe. 

3 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

While I don't agree 100% of all of what Alex Jones says I would say if he is getting banned by Facebook, Apple etc. then he must be doing something right. He is at least trying to wake up the average cucked Western man to stop letting the whole world walk all over him by telling him who he is supposed to be, what he is supposed to say, and what he is supposed to believe. 

oops..I think you outed yourself.

Here's a tip to maintaining credibility... never, ever..use the word cucked. Reason being that it exposes the user as a "certain demographic", shall we say...

11 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

He has been banned because he has disseminated lies and encouraged the harassment of grieving families. You don't agree with all of what this manipulative pathological liar says. That's swell. That's leaves you with a lot of his BS that you agree with.  So what Alex Jones lies do you believe?

- That the Pulse nightclub mass murder was a US government sponsored event?

- That Lady GaGa is a Satanist and used her Superbowl show to try and convert unsuspecting viewrs?

-  That the death of Justice Scalia was ordered by the  "illuminati"?

- That Bill Gates is a believer in eugenics and intends to use it to remove undesirable races?

Is your favourite story the one where he accused Hilary Clinton of being part of a  child sex ring operating  out of a Washington DC pizza parlor?

In April 2017, during his divorce pretrial hearings his lawyer Randall Wilhite offered the explanation of Alex Jones behavior; “He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said of Jones. “He is a performance artist.”   Basically, he said Jones is a liar and that this is all  part of his entertainment act.

So what you are really saying is that you are so detached from reality that you cannot differentiate fact from fantasy and that you are so bereft of common sense that you  are easily conned by a deceitful liar who is using people for his own personal profit.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:15 AM, geriatrickid said:

He has been banned because he has disseminated lies and encouraged the harassment of grieving families. You don't agree with all of what this manipulative pathological liar says. That's swell. That's leaves you with a lot of his BS that you agree with.  So what Alex Jones lies do you believe?

- That Lady GaGa is a Satanist and used her Superbowl show to try and convert unsuspecting viewrs?

- That Bill Gates is a believer in eugenics and intends to use it to remove undesirable races?

Is your favourite story the one where he accused Hilary Clinton of being part of a  child sex ring operating  out of a Washington DC pizza parlor?

In April 2017, during his divorce pretrial hearings his lawyer Randall Wilhite offered the explanation of Alex Jones behavior; “He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said of Jones. “He is a performance artist.”   Basically, he said Jones is a liar and that this is all  part of his entertainment act.

So what you are really saying is that you are so detached from reality that you cannot differentiate fact from fantasy and that you are so bereft of common sense that you  are easily conned by a deceitful liar who is using people for his own personal profit.

You just described every faithful follower of Fox News.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:15 AM, geriatrickid said:

Wow, you sure follow him closely and often. I vaguely recall the pizza thing and dismissed it as crap.

Also, don't be so quick to defend the "Social Giants". When the money is that vast, the power clouds the soul. Read where 1 of them dropped the US goernment contract and took up the Chinese government contract.

As for Marco, he sure lept back to his roots when crowded.

Archived