BMA plans to raise garbage collection fee from Bt20 to Bt80 per month

webfact

BMA plans to raise garbage collection fee from Bt20 to Bt80 per month

By The Nation

f147ab4bdbfaa84334abcd1a41813cd3.jpg

FILE photo

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration plans to raise the garbage collection fee from Bt20 a month to B80, governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Thursday.

Aswin said the 300 per cent increase would be enforced after the the BMA sends its new draft regulation on the rate to Bangkok Council for approval in October.

Aswin said the Suang Luang district also proposed that the BMA uses an IT system to monitor collection so that more fees could be collected.

The governor said the BMA spent about Bt6 billion a year to collect and dispose of garbage but it collected only Bt500 million in garbage collection fees.

Under the new rate, the BMA would collect about Bt2 billion a year, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353940

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-07

But no mention about the actual methods of disposal, or any incentives set out to improve recycling rates.

How hard is it to build and operate recycling plants and modern incinerators that use gas scrubbers and produce power as a secondary function.

I guess most fees will be just swallowed up in various corruption schemes while the city becomes even more polluted and degraded

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Aswin said the Suang Luang district also proposed that the BMA uses an IT system to monitor collection so that more fees could be collected.

Does he mean a computer?  A smart phone could do that ?

it should lower the costs!  Anyway 20 is too little, but where do they get excuses from?  Drunken nights with buddies I presume 

At least the rubbish gets collected and yes an increase from 20 Baht to 80 Baht is a bit steep. I would gladly pay 80 Baht a month in our sleepy little backwater near Thung Saliam but we were told about 2 months ago that rubbish collection will stop as our Amphur has no facility to get rid of the rubbish (this is Thailand in the 21st Century). Now we have to burn all our rubbish (polluting the atmosphere) but at least our single use plastic will not end up in the oceans.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Reading your post, i am shocked, are you suggesting those in charge might just pocket some of the 80 baht?:cheesy:

Colin, wash your mouth out with soap and water...........I was simply digressing and musing on the latest developments in the automotive industry.......:whistling:

Archived