Call for charges to be dropped in Koh Tao alleged rape case

snoop1130

Call for charges to be dropped in Koh Tao alleged rape case

By The Nation

eef439e43b4edd1ae70d062f92c6f1b3-sld.jpeg

An international human rights group has called for charges to be dropped against Facebook users arrested and detained for allegedly violating the Computer Crime Act by sharing information regarding a rape claim on Koh Tao.

Brad Adams, Asia director at Human Rights Watch, said Thai authorities are wrongfully prosecuting online news outlets and social media users for reporting an alleged rape case on the island.

“Thai police appear to be using computer-related crime charges against anyone who questions their shoddy investigation of the Koh Tao island rape case,” said Adams. “The authorities should immediately drop these bogus charges.”

Police have arrested 12 Facebook users from across Thailand under the Computer Crime Act for sharing “false and groundless” information about the alleged rape of a 19yearold British tourist in June.

As well as the 12 suspects already in police custody, two others are still at large; one is Pramuk Anantasin, administrator of CSI LA facebook page and Suzanne Emery, British publisher of the online newspaper and Facebook page Samui Times.

They criticised the police investigation on the alleged rape, saying it reached the conclusion too quickly that no rape happened. 

Thai police have repeatedly defended the arrests and the warrants, saying the suspects were accused of sharing “false and groundless information” from Facebook pages. 

Adams said that police have never interviewed the alleged victim or conducted a forensic examination of evidence, yet they announced that no rape occurred.

The British teenager who claimed to have been raped returned home in early July and alerted her mother about the allegation. The mother said her daughter tried to file the rape claim with police on nearby Koh Pangan but police refused to accept the complaint. Koh Pangan police have denied the claim, saying the teenager wanted to file a complaint only about the robbery of her belongings for an insurance claim. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353975

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-7

The charges won't be dropped because the Thai authorities,  be it the government,  RTP, and Kho Tao mafia want to prove to the rest of the world that they are as corrupt, incompetent and brain dead as most of the world considers that they might be.   Prove is an eyeblink away.

Koh Tao tops my list of places in Thailand that are likely best to avoid. Too many things seem amiss there. It is either overly dangerous, poorly governed or overrun by crime... or all of the above. It doesn’t seem worth the risk. When the masses start questioning the issues there, the damage will already be irreparable done.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Koh Pangan police have denied the claim, saying the teenager wanted to file a complaint only about the robbery of her belongings for an insurance claim. 

It needs to be clarified as to whether She was able to file a complain of rape on KPG or would She have had to gone back to KT to file the compliant, as reported

Big Joke invited the woman to come back to Thailand and openly back up her rape claims. By Big Joke inviting her to come back to Thailand to address the situation, he was subtly telling her she had the protection of the state while she took care of business. By her not taking that invitation, she exposed her lack of integrity and dishonesty.

The RTP led by Big Joke ( who has  shown he lives up top his nickname ) have no intention of relinquishing their grip on THEIR reality, even if it is flawed. people exercising the right to read whatever and if they reposted it, and it is a lie so be it, there is so MUCH FAKE News out there, one more bit is nothing. 

Apparently it seems that reading a story does not mean it is real, no more is reading that the Police are sure the girl in question did not wish to file a complaint of Rape. Who do you believe. The fact that the Metropolitan Police of the United Kingdom treated her complaint seriously speaks volumes about the incompetence and lack of Public Duty the RTP have shown in this matter. 

They ( RTP ) will do nothing it may mean they lose face and that is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than actually finding the truth !

22 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

The fact that the Metropolitan Police of the United Kingdom treated her complaint seriously speaks volumes about the incompetence and lack of Public Duty the RTP have shown in this matter. 

The Met take everything a woman says seriously. Walk past a woman in a Train station, and she accuses you, you get arrested.

The RTP have had plenty of false claims to learn from, black French policeman accused by teenage Brit. Tuk-tuk drivers accused by the Aussie boganI would suggest the RTP are a lot more sensible about women making unsupported allegations than the Met have ever been.

Why waste everyone's time and money on specious complaints. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The Met take everything a woman says seriously. Walk past a woman in a Train station, and she accuses you, you get arrested.

The RTP have had plenty of false claims to learn from, black French policeman accused by teenage Brit. Tuk-tuk drivers accused by the Aussie boganI would suggest the RTP are a lot more sensible about women making unsupported allegations than the Met have ever been.

Why waste everyone's time and money on specious complaints. 

I have never read such utter nonsense from a supposedly, 'Brit' - regarding the UK Metropolitan Police. 

I would view such biased comments as petty revenge or just plain vitriol against authority! Worthless drivel!

42 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I have never read such utter nonsense from a supposedly, 'Brit' - regarding the UK Metropolitan Police. 

I would view such biased comments as petty revenge or just plain vitriol against authority! Worthless drivel!

One of the problems of this forum is the old white knights that defend (white?) women at every opportunity, no matter how much they lie, cheat and steal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-falsely-accused-of-sexually-assault-on-actress-wants-apology-from-cps-over-bemusing-case-a6877036.html

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/tourist-who-cried-tuk-tuk-rape-lie-is-tunks-girl/news-story/38c829a10fba2f7724efdae1e9632002

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/british-backpacker-claims-she-was-drugged-and-raped-on-party-island-koh-tao/news-story/ac449c67732c8950c00955bbef58b6da

These are just a few of the false accusations in the past couple of years.

What part of my post was 'petty revenge' or vitriol?

(posted the links, but you won't read them because your kind never do)

And another couple from London, where the Met behaved particularly badly, just for you.

http://www.thejournal.ie/london-false-allegations-3563161-Aug2017/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/liam-allan-met-police-rape-accusation-false-evidence-disclosure-arrest-mistake-detectives-a8184916.html

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

One of the problems of this forum is the old white knights that defend (white?) women at every opportunity, no matter how much they lie, cheat and steal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-falsely-accused-of-sexually-assault-on-actress-wants-apology-from-cps-over-bemusing-case-a6877036.html

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/tourist-who-cried-tuk-tuk-rape-lie-is-tunks-girl/news-story/38c829a10fba2f7724efdae1e9632002

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/british-backpacker-claims-she-was-drugged-and-raped-on-party-island-koh-tao/news-story/ac449c67732c8950c00955bbef58b6da

But your kind can never accept that there are some scumbag men who do rape women. Instead you would prefer to brand every woman a liar, cheat and a thief which you have just done with your own statement above. Why have you only chosen to show the links to 3 cases of false accusations? Why haven't you had the decency to also show links to proven cases of rape?

4 hours ago, RickTik said:

Big Joke invited the woman to come back to Thailand and openly back up her rape claims. By Big Joke inviting her to come back to Thailand to address the situation, he was subtly telling her she had the protection of the state while she took care of business. By her not taking that invitation, she exposed her lack of integrity and dishonesty.

Brave words that express your total lack of understanding of Thai Life, Law and Police. Your assuming the young woman is guilty and will be greeted with peace and understanding by the utterly corrupt and cruel Thai justice system that has llegally arrested 12 people for simply sharing associated articles on Facebook? Knowing how these buzzards think and operate scares the he'll out of me as somebody totally innocent of a crime who was never the less arrested, banged up in jail and convicted of a crime i didnt commit because I dared to sue a corrupt lawyer. My embassy were then warned not to get involved in thr Thai judicial system. This young girl from whispers emenating from the UK police is innocent and the DNA has been tested and is Asian. Of course the Royal Thai Police force will counter it was consensual. Bottom line would you advise her to return to Thailand if she was your daughter? No is the answer be she innocent or guilty.

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And another couple from London, where the Met behaved particularly badly, just for you.

http://www.thejournal.ie/london-false-allegations-3563161-Aug2017/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/liam-allan-met-police-rape-accusation-false-evidence-disclosure-arrest-mistake-detectives-a8184916.html

You have far too much time on your hands and far too little education and comprehension of life whatever about empathy. Yours goes down as perhaps the atypical Thaivisa post that rational members abhor. 

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

But your kind can never accept that there are some scumbag men who do rape women.

Why have you only chosen to show the links to 3 cases of false accusations?

Show me the black eyes, broken bones, marks on her throat, scratches and bruises all over her body as she fought to stop the assault, and I'll be the first to yell 'hang em high'. But if she waits until all the physical evidence has disappeared before making a complaint, then it didn't happen.

About 10 false accusations in those links (one woman reported 5 rapes, and the Met didn't notice until report 5). It seems the Met and CPS no longer care about justice, and will hide evidence proving innocence in order to get a conviction. Something that some posters here accuse the Thai police of doing.

The Black French policeman was a particularly nasty false accusation from a British girl in Thailand, no wonder the Thai police no longer take such accusations seriously.

50 minutes ago, Nip said:

Knowing how these buzzards think and operate scares the he'll out of me as somebody totally innocent of a crime who was never the less arrested, banged up in jail and convicted of a crime i didnt commit because I dared to sue a corrupt lawyer.

You do understand this post is a criminal offence in Thailand?.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Show me the black eyes, broken bones, marks on her throat, scratches and bruises all over her body as she fought to stop the assault, and I'll be the first to yell 'hang em high'. But if she waits until all the physical evidence has disappeared before making a complaint, then it didn't happen.

Ok, how about I take you to Australia and show you my wife's grave where she committed suicide after going through 3 years of hell through the courts after 3 local youths broke into our house while I was working night shift and bashed and raped her. Those scumbags got 12 years jail and everything was proven without a reasonable doubt. My wife lived that night over and over for 3 years and then she had to live it all over again in the court. So don't you ever judge my wife and call her a liar, cheat or thief like you have done in your previous post.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"A buzzard is the common name of several species of bird of prey" Anyway it's only a criminal offence if you mention a name or entity and I'm sure buzzards can't read and they will hardly take a class action against me.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BritMan I've just looked at your other posts on this subject. You should talk to somebody. Not talk at somebody. I actually feel sorry for you. Get well soon. There are kind understanding people you could reach out to. It seems you are deeply troubled. 

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

whispers?

link?

Horses mouth. Not in public domain yet. I like others questioned and hoped the story held water and was assured this week that it did. Where it goes from here is anybodies guess as it looks like it will be argued between the two departments of foreign affairs as with Koh Tao my guess is it will all go quiet with the UK authorities being told to keep out of it.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

It needs to be clarified as to whether She was able to file a complain of rape on KPG or would She have had to gone back to KT to file the compliant, as reported

It seems KT police fall under KP, so why not at least accept the report and advise KT ...from old reports in Thai PBS the police chief is the same:

KT Jurisdiction.JPG

KT Jurisdiction 2.JPG

KT Jurisdiction 3.JPG

5 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Meanwhile, you can shoot, kill, stab and many other things and a 1,000 Baht fine and a wai you are on your way...this plave needs to get their head out their arse and wake up smell the coffee

Only with the right connections...

7 hours ago, RickTik said:

K would not go back either if I were her.  Somebody made a promise, from the same country, organization, who refused to accept her claim. 

Who is Big Joke in her eyes? Who is Big Joke anyhow?  The guy who could state within a couple of days that no crime has happened on an island which is notorious about crimes? Thank you, no need your promise. 

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Ok, how about I take you to Australia and show you my wife's grave where she committed suicide after going through 3 years of hell through the courts after 3 local youths broke into our house while I was working night shift and bashed and raped her. Those scumbags got 12 years jail and everything was proven without a reasonable doubt. My wife lived that night over and over for 3 years and then she had to live it all over again in the court. So don't you ever judge my wife and call her a liar, cheat or thief like you have done in your previous post.

As I said I'd be the first one to yell 'hang em high', no need to make a wild emotional rant against me.

Putting you on 'ignore', I have no wish to communicate with you.

To much people on TV are to lazy to use their brain and take every statement what go against Thais. I asked me a lot of times why they stay in this country if they hate the people born and living here.    They totaly ignore the facts that here never a case was open and no evidences was taken. But the RTP are the bad guys.    Time to send this idiots back to their home countries. But no one want them in their home country.

Poor old grumpy guys!!!

Archived